School me on weapons

I'm a monk and I'm trying to figure out how weapons work for us. Does the DPS and attack speed of the weapon matter to us? It may seem like a stupid question, but we really only attack with our fists so they honestly shouldn't matter. If they do matter, why do 2-handeed weapons have the same DPS as 1-handers? It seems like the obvious choice would be to dual wield then since you can get two weapons with a DPS each of around 22 (that's the DPS of weapons at my current level) instead of one weapon with a DPS around 22.

10+ Year Old Account
    Menu -> Options -> Gameplay -> Tick "Advanced Tooltip" after that you can see how your attacks scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    all abilities (even spells) are based on weapon dmg , just make sure u pick up dexterity one for monk

Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    I'm a monk and I'm trying to figure out how weapons work for us. Does the DPS and attack speed of the weapon matter to us? It may seem like a stupid question, but we really only attack with our fists so they honestly shouldn't matter. If they do matter, why do 2-handeed weapons have the same DPS as 1-handers? It seems like the obvious choice would be to dual wield then since you can get two weapons with a DPS each of around 22 (that's the DPS of weapons at my current level) instead of one weapon with a DPS around 22.
    Wep speed does scale with abilitys.So if you can find 1h with fast speed and better dps than 2h you should always use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick to dual wielding. Each spirit generator has a speed coefficient dependent on the weapon type. Slow weapons = slow spirit gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE