10+ Year Old Account

Latency issues with Diablo 3?

Just wondering, has anyone else been having problems with lag in D3? I'm getting a solid .5 second delay on all my skills at the moment, its fucking painful and is really forcing me to depend on my partner.

I live in Australia. Is anyone else having similar problems? Any known ways to help with this at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I'm EST playing on US server (which is located in PST zone) and getting 300ms latency as well so you're not alone. I believe its global according to some of the threads on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a lot of people playing. I have 19 friends currently playing at the same time, along with a party with my partner, and we're getting 300 - 600ms lag due to it.

And the achievement spam probably doesn't help

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's just a lot of people playing. I have 19 friends currently playing at the same time, along with a party with my partner, and we're getting 300 - 600ms lag due to it.

And the achievement spam probably doesn't help
    WoW has a lot of people, Starcraft has a lot of people, that's literally no excuse for a service. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    WoW has a lot of people, Starcraft has a lot of people, that's literally no excuse for a service. Just saying.
    Go to stormscale server on horde at peak time and then say that again.You usually get 30 sec delay in org.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys, its comforting to know its not just me. Noobish question, where exactly can I see my D3 Latency?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Everyone is getting some lag. Servers are strained. Its day 2, give it some time, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Thanks guys, its comforting to know its not just me. Noobish question, where exactly can I see my D3 Latency?
    Little meter next to your mana/energy/whatever bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Go to stormscale server on horde at peak time and then say that again.You usually get 30 sec delay in org.
    Never really get more than ~40-50ms ping in WoW.

Everyone is getting some lag. Servers are strained. Its day 2, give it some time, geez.
    Geez, sixty dollar game, geez, 300ms in a single player match, geez lol game design lol

Quote Originally Posted by MapleMeringue View Post
    Never really get more than ~40-50ms ping in WoW.

Geez, sixty dollar game, geez, 300ms in a single player match, geez lol game design lol
    go get a refund then, if you're butthurt that badly

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing from Australia too, And im never over 300ms average of 240.

im hitting 3000 right now, Pacific coast, Im fine internet wise, just diablo 3 hitting that. Normally about 80ms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    im hitting 3000 right now, Pacific coast, Im fine internet wise, just diablo 3 hitting that. Normally about 80ms
    Same. also on the West Coast and my ms jumped from around 60-70 to 1600+ in the past half hour.
    "Brevity is...wit"

I dont think people realize just how much the servers are strained, its only day 2 and every person and his dog are playing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I dont think people realize just how much the servers are strained, its only day 2 and every person and his dog are playing right now.
    All hail your infinite server knowledge. Any idiot and their mom knows this. Doesn't disregard the fact that people are disappointed in thier "Forced-Online" experience. Maybe if there was an Offline mode, but there isn't, so i'm gonna bitch about the fail latency. No mean to say this towards you, but in general towards the Blizzard team. Great game, shitty service if you're forcing a "mode" onto your players.

I have no problem with being online, if it F***ing worked. (2 cents)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Cant believe anyone justify's shit connection on a single player game (with a co-op function) just becuase its day 2 of release. Its freaking released, it should be ready and smooth to play. I wonder if its due to all the loot. With the real money AH and their worrys about all the D2 problems, duping and what not, that it's all tracked.
    Last edited by mmoc5e3a361b6a; 2012-05-17 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    With the amount of time that they spent overhauling/removing content this game should be running optimally at launch. This is not an mmo and when entering a solo game and experiencing ~4sec lag is unacceptable.

If solo games were hosted client side as D1 & D2 were there would be no complaints from me b/c any issues would be due to my comp. The fact that Blizz was not prepared for the amount of players that would be online is no excuse.
    Last edited by /flex; 2012-05-18 at 02:19 AM.