Deleted

Lightbulb Is stamina still weaker than mastery in MoP for tanking?

Trying some professions and I wonder if the analogies have changed.

It's way too early to ask that question. Numbers are far from final, and everything is subject to change. Beta is beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    It's way too early to ask that question. Numbers are far from final, and everything is subject to change. Beta is beta.
    This, exactly. With level 90 not even available yet, they're far from doing number balancing passes, so no theory-crafting can really be done yet (that wouldn't be rendered useless very quickly, anyways).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Well the healing philosophy seems the same, that was the major reason for stamina being devalued. They wanted tanks to be able to take more than 2 consecutive hits from a boss and not die, naturally stamina was the best counter to this. In cataclysm we seen inflated health pools and tanks being able to take an amazing amount of hits, since there's no risk of dying in two hits mitigation was the best path.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Well the healing philosophy seems the same, that was the major reason for stamina being devalued. They wanted tanks to be able to take more than 2 consecutive hits from a boss and not die, naturally stamina was the best counter to this. In cataclysm we seen inflated health pools and tanks being able to take an amazing amount of hits, since there's no risk of dying in two hits mitigation was the best path.
    I believe they did it for 25mans [being less erratic than 10mans]. When I was tanking with a dk tank in Ulduar and ToC (a class which was the epitome of 'spikes' in the blood spec) I noticed it was much more erratic in 10mans due to being simply just with 1 healer on you usually. When I went to 25mans it felt so much more relaxed. You had at least 2 healers on you on a fight they expect you to take lots of damage so it felt almost like it feels now "I won't die immediately, but it helps them if I use cds".