10+ Year Old Account

Quest Progress Problem - Halp?

I'm going to copy and paste my post from the D3 forum since nobody is replying and I would like to play.

Hi. I'm posting this on my brother's account as my account is banned from the forums (this is not the point of the thread). My character is a level 25 Barbarian and I just killed Belial. I went back to the Hidden Camp and talked with Tyrael etc... and I had an option to travel to the next act.

The problem is that I left my game and had a little look around on the screen before clicking resume game (the screen with your character, change quest, quick join, resume game etc...) and had a look through some of the classes in character creation. The thing is, I accidentally Quick Joined one of my friends who was on a much earlier quest than me (it was an Act II quest though). Seeing as how this was an accident I immediately left the game and did nothing in it.

However, I now see that my quest was changed to his quest even though I have already completed it and now clicking resume game puts me way back further than my actual progress. One other problem is that the last quest in the "Change Quest" screen is that the last quest I can change to is the one where you kill Belial but I have already killed him.

My question is, can I change back to my actual quest (after killing Belial but before going to Act III) or will I have to start the quest "The Lord of Lies" and kill Belial again even though I have already killed him? If I do have to kill him again I can only think that this was an incredibly bad oversight by the dev team.

Information:

Current Quest: Road to Alcarnus
    Actual Progress: After killing Belial but before going to Act III
    Difficulty: Normal
    Act: II
    Level: 25
    Class: Barbarian
    Character Name: Tyestor
    Battletag: Tyestor#1583
    Original thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235393572

You changed your quest so you lost your quest progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    You changed your quest so you lost your quest progress.
    Except I didn't change my quest via the change quest button. The only thing I did was accidentally click the no-confirmation quick join button and if that counts as changing your quest it's fucking retarded and should be changed. I already killed Belial and finished the quest but didn't take the quest which sends you to Act III as I wanted to do some Act II achievements. But according to the game, quick joining a friends game removes your progress even if you've already finished the last quest in the Act and forces you to redo it. Intelligent design decisions all round.

Deleted
    So you still joined another game after it told you that it would reset your current quest progress. Its not broken, it warned you, you chose to ignore the warning.