Can someone explain Diablo to me?

The title pretty much says it all.
    So, the only real mmorpg I've played is WoW, and I've dabbled in a few other RPG's for Xbox. I've never played Diablo, but it seems interesting and entertaining (at least until MoP comes out). Can someone explain how it works to me? I've been reading up on it here and there online, but I really just need someone to break it down for me. Are there raids? PVP? Bosses? etc. etc. etc.
    It'd probably be super helpful if you found a way to compare it to wow in as many aspects as possible, so i can be like "ohhh... such and such is like this and that in WoW... ahhh that makes sense", ya know?

So yeah, any input you have at all is super appreciated. Please and thank you!

so far it feels like wow dungeons. big boss at end of each. pvp will be a patch addon. and i dont think there are raids

I never played Diablo before but I knew some about it and got it free with Annual Pass. My best way to describe it after playing is it's a very hack and slash arcadey style WoW which really works. I'm addicted already. If you are going to be paying for it, try and find a friend who has it where you can try it...reading is only going to do so much for you versus the experience itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is a dungeon-crawling hack & slash style game with randomized loot system. It is a single-player game, but does allow for cooperative gameplay with up to four people at a time.

It's pretty typical of the genre. You explore the zones, enter "dungeons" that are randomized, fight monsters, loot them and get lots of randomized gear that offer things like:
    • easier pickup of gold
    • more chance to find magic items
    • increases in attack speed, primary stats, secondary stats, damage

Any class can equip any item type and use any weapon type, but some specific pieces of gear are meant only for certain classes. Demon Hunters can find randomized bows and quivers meant solely for Demon Hunters while Witch Doctors can find tribal masks only they can equip...wizards can find wands and so on.

All in all, it's a fun game and fairly addictive due to the re-playability. You can't do everything every time, and some quests just never show up for you. Same with some dungeons. The game features progressively harder bosses and mobs as you continue to adventure that require specific tactics to beat, but everything can be done solo.

There is a storyline through the entire game that deals with Diablo, the strongest of the Three Evils, but can be ignored if you just wanna explore and loot and level (though you still complete the storyline).

just cause Blizzard made it does not mean its an MMO.. Diablo is a dungeon crawler, which means you do nothing but dungeons killing wave after wave of monsters, some of them with special capabilities, until you get the absolute best gear....... then you keep on farming the game and sell extra gear lol

And for novice Diablo players, it's a point and click (you can keybind your move function) game.
    Meaning no WASD controls, you click or point to were you want to go.
    There is no fixed targeting, you shoot at what your mouse pointer is aiming for.
    8 fixed hotkeys that you can bind spells on, you get more spells but you have to make choices what you put on your bars so no plethora of action bars with all your skills in reach.

You play what is called ACT's, they are like chapters in a book.
    In 1 act you do quests and exploration and the final goal is killing the big bad baddie to continue to the next act.

You can play with up to 3 friends (4ppl) cooperative, and with each player joining the mobs become stronger, so the same mob hits harder/is more difficult to kill when you are in a party of 4 then in a party of 2 or when your playing solo.
    There is a general chat were you can talk to other people that are playing.

And it is addictive as hell.