Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seryniti View Post
    Those of you who know how to edit their hosts file.... Put this in, launch from WoW.exe (don't go through the launcher), and be happy.
    12.129.206.130 us.logon.battle.net

And for you EU people...
    213.248.127.130 eu.logon.battle.net

If you don't know.....Google is your friend
    Protip! Just be sure to take it out of your hosts file once everything's fixed again, else you'll be screwed when/if IPs change.

/sigh

.... even before d3... blizzard has really kind of gone to the toilet, bugs are still ingame, servers unreliable, never hear valid help from support...

I've been planning on going to GW2 when it comes out... but maybe I'll just go to tera

my bf can log into both WoW and D3 whilst I can't log into any :/

Those of you who know how to edit their hosts file.... Put this in, launch from WoW.exe (don't go through the launcher), and be happy.

And for you EU people...

^works! +1

Quote Originally Posted by onyxblack View Post
    /sigh

.... even before d3... blizzard has really kind of gone to the toilet, bugs are still ingame, servers unreliable, never hear valid help from support...

I've been planning on going to GW2 when it comes out... but maybe I'll just go to tera
    What's that? Servers are not accessible?! THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE BLIZZARD I'M LEAVING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has been notified through Twitter. Problem should be resolved soon(tm).

Quote Originally Posted by layn01 View Post
    Protip! Just be sure to take it out of your hosts file once everything's fixed again, else you'll be screwed when/if IPs change.
    Yep! At least it works for now...

And for you EU people...

How exactly do you edit your host's file?? can someone explain?

awesome it worked. thanks.

Ew now I actually have a reason to go study... ehhh i'll just keep browsing forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawsies View Post
    Blizzard has been notified through Twitter. Problem should be resolved soon(tm).
    Oh the CS only didnt knew.. blizzard normally will have noticed this ages ago since they run their own GNOC center so. Those people their should have picked it up a while ago. The fact that we are noticing it is a bad sign since the cache is running out now which takes quite a while.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by layn01 View Post
    It's a DNS problem. Basically, your computer can't resolve any of Blizzard's domain names to IP addresses.

Blizzard's DNS servers for all their domains are hosted at cerf-d0t-net, which appears to be some kind of corporate AT&T hosting provider.

DNSValidation-d0t-com reports that battle-d0t-net DNS is served by ns-east-d0t-cerf-d0t-net and ns-west-d0t-cerf-d0t-net, both of which are unreachable.

Similarly, a query on cerf-d0t-net itself shows the same thing. Curiously, AT&T's domain is served via DNS hosts on attdns-d0t-com, so that's fine.

Needless to say, I'm sure Blizzard is kicking up a shitstorm about this right now. It's entirely possible that these DNS servers could be getting DDOSed, but you'd think they'd be fairly robust. To be entirely unavailable means something likely broke in a colossal way.

(Sorry - Newb poster. Can't link actual URLs or put actual hostnames in the post )
    Quote Originally Posted by onyxblack View Post
    /sigh

Would seem to me the problem is at&t. But that's ok it's just easier to bash blizzard right?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

And for you EU people...

Any luck on a similar solution for D3?

10+ Year Old Account
    this is how i do it

Local Disk C > Windows > System 32 > Drivers > etc
    hosts file
    paste 12.129.206.130 us.logon.battle.net on the bottom of the page
    save

if you cant save open a notepad under administrator and open the host through that..and like seriniti said dont forget to open wow.exe and not the launcher.

edit:
    confirmed to work..thanks to whoever put that thing here
    Last edited by inheat; 2012-05-18 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Derp
    Last edited by Zayth; 2012-05-18 at 02:36 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MustacheSnowglobe View Post
    How exactly do you edit your host's file?? can someone explain?

www.google.com Best teacher you could ever have.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Angetombe View Post
    They may be redoing the websites to get ready to post Battle Tag profiles of characters, for Diablo and Wow... cause even the websites have changed to battle.net/wow and battle.net.diablo from worldofwarcraft.com... ect.
    I seriously doubt this because they normally would give us a message on the login page; not only is that missing but also no Blizz sites or Battlenet sites are up either (cause i wanted to call & find out. Damn me for not saving their number in my cell!!) I don't care what the issue is, it's bad enough that nearly EVERY Tuesday a.m. we are shut down for 8 hours... Ik ik that's only 32 hours a month when they "fix bugs" 4 weeks in a row. Wish I could log into Mists but never DL'd the beta. Grr. FML

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    What's that? Servers are not accessible?! THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE BLIZZARD I'M LEAVING.
    ... guild was on heroic madness last night, jumped from platfrom 4 to the 3rd one where his head lands. One of the healers didn't get the wind buff and fell right through the water.

Im addicted to wow... but its just been full of bugs lately.

Diablo III works for me but no WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammeg View Post
    Advice: If you are logged in STAY LOGGED IN!!! It's not dc-ing people at the moment, but you can not login if you log out. So stay on that game and KILL THINGS!!!

Things that are currently "offline" (unless you are currently logged in):

WoW
    Diablo 3
    All Battle.net websites
    Add starcraft to that list, SEA or US