Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkitty View Post
    It is mostly for fun. However, with the valor buff gained at level 60 this place could be a very effective farming spot.
    no no its not Its easier to farm Diablo on Hell

Deleted
    Anyone in Inferno gotten the recipe yet?

Im in act 4 but none of the vendors sells the recipe.

Deleted
    Inferno staff costs 1million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpNiz View Post
    Inferno staff costs 1million.

Is the Vendor the same as in nightmare/hell? He has no recipe for me..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfx View Post
    Is the Vendor the same as in nightmare/hell? He has no recipe for me..
    It's to make the staff. I don't know where you buy the recipe though.

I need this clarified. I made the staff on normal, if I want a nightmare version of it, do I need to farm the mats again, and then the recipe again on NM? Or?

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    I need this clarified. I made the staff on normal, if I want a nightmare version of it, do I need to farm the mats again, and then the recipe again on NM? Or?
    no i dont think so.

Anyway, does anyone know if a group just need one who got it or does everyone else need it too?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnickSnack View Post
    no no its not Its easier to farm Diablo on Hell
    I can see the Magic, but those cute critters want nothing to do with Friendship

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    You need only nightmare receipt - act4 on nightmare and 200k gold.

Here is some more info on the staff.

You only need to farm the mats for the normal version of the staff. To upgrade it to Nightmare/Hell/Inferno you simply buy the Blacksmithing Plans from the vendor who stand just beside the entrance to The Armory in the city of Act 3. The price is 1gold for the plans on all 3 versions. However the price to upgrade the staff is as follows.

Normal: All Materials + 50000 Gold
    Nightmare: 200000 Gold
    Hell: 500000 Gold
    Inferno: (Not 100% sure) 1000000 Gold

You only need 1 person in the group with the staff to open for the entire group.

The entrance to Whimsyshire is located on the Old Tristram Road, when you get close enough a question mark should appear on your minimap. If not you need to search for a crack in the ground with some red light coming out of it. There you will see the a ghost of the cow who opens the portal.

Keep in mind the difficulty of Whimsyshire is on par with the first act of the difficulty above the one you are on.

So if your gonna try it on Hell it's roughly on par with Inferno Act 1. Except the Champions can only have 3 "enchants" instead of the 4 on inferno and they wont regen HP as on inferno either. However their damage seem to be roughly the same. I can also confirm that they drop loot ranging from 57-60.

That is at least what we noted when we farmed it for loot.
    Last edited by Synithin; 2012-05-20 at 03:18 PM.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Deleted
    Just throwing this quick warning in here. I finally built the staff last night but after talking to the cow to open Whimsyshire, I lost my staff. From what I've been reading it's not intended, so I would suggest that if you wish to play this level in harder difficulties, build the staff and hold onto it, at least until they fix this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Just throwing this quick warning in here. I finally built the staff last night but after talking to the cow to open Whimsyshire, I lost my staff. From what I've been reading it's not intended, so I would suggest that if you wish to play this level in harder difficulties, build the staff and hold onto it, at least until they fix this bug.
    Is this a new bug within the last 24 hours? If not i have been lucky over 20 times so far on Hell.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    Is this a new bug within the last 24 hours? If not i have been lucky over 20 times so far on Hell.
    I imagine it's a rare bug that occurs when you first open Whimsyshire. Ive not seen anyone else mention it but my staff was definitely gone after entering Whinsyshire the first time. I've no idea how it happened or anything. But I felt I had best throw it out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    is there a trick to the rainbow juice, im about 30 games in and not once has dude spawned.
    A couple that worked for me:

There are two spawn points usually per map, very seldom is it one. They are unique in being a peninsula (think Florida or Italy), with a water puddle at the entrance. I did it by exploring the southern borders of the map and restarting the map when both were found or the whole south border is revealed. As counter intuitive as it is, you often have to go north to reach the a southern border, because a map can shift to the right or left at the top, giving you more south border to explore.

Maximize your chances with friends! Best advise I can give, that few mention. You can have friends run solo games looking for the spawn to rescue the merchant and than when found have 3 friends join the game and go inside the cave. If the mysterious chest is in there, you all get the rainbow. Saves a lot of time and why I have 2.

I have the first 3 items from Act 1 and 2. Let me know if anyone needs help, will try to help out. Been a rare hunter from east egg hunts on PSO. Love it!

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    I imagine it's a rare bug that occurs when you first open Whimsyshire. Ive not seen anyone else mention it but my staff was definitely gone after entering Whinsyshire the first time. I've no idea how it happened or anything. But I felt I had best throw it out there.
    Just to be clear, no one that you could find is able to reproduce the bug?

Just completed the normal version and wanted to add a few things:
    About the rainbow juice - getting the merchant to spawn is random, as is there even being a mysterious chest in the cave. It took me around 40 loads of the game and 3 visits of the cave before the chest was in there.
    About the gibbering gemstone - There are 2 possible caves that spawn, you only want the caverns of frost, and again, it's double RNG, one for the cave and one to find the mob spawn inside called Chiltara

About Whimsyshire itself - Farm it loads, everytime you go in there are different things, some random champions and some specific named mobs. Example :
    http://i.imgur.com/31zOB.jpg Friendship is Magic coincidence?
    I've gone maybe 4-5 times now and once there was a pinata to crack open.
    I'm very interested to see more named mobs there and also ones from higher difficulties.

Deleted
    What's the purpose of this secret level?

As far as I know, all monsters have the same chance of dropping good items.
    This means that running bosses or secret levels gives you no better loot than killing a few random skeletons outside of town.

So why waste so much money on something so pointless? Am I missing something?

Deleted
    is there anyone here who is on Diablo act4 inferno? pm me.

need it to get the recipe for inferno

Deleted
    Very helpfull info.

Deleted
    Farmed all the mats today, took around 2 hours for all of them for me - not bad. The recipe did drop on my first go though. Upgraded straight to nightmare, can't decide whether I want to drop half a million on upgrading to hell right now though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    A couple that worked for me:

There are two spawn points usually per map, very seldom is it one. They are unique in being a peninsula (think Florida or Italy), with a water puddle at the entrance. I did it by exploring the southern borders of the map and restarting the map when both were found or the whole south border is revealed. As counter intuitive as it is, you often have to go north to reach the a southern border, because a map can shift to the right or left at the top, giving you more south border to explore.

Maximize your chances with friends! Best advise I can give, that few mention. You can have friends run solo games looking for the spawn to rescue the merchant and than when found have 3 friends join the game and go inside the cave. If the mysterious chest is in there, you all get the rainbow. Saves a lot of time and why I have 2.

I have the first 3 items from Act 1 and 2. Let me know if anyone needs help, will try to help out. Been a rare hunter from east egg hunts on PSO. Love it!

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 05:32 PM ----------

Just to be clear, no one that you could find is able to reproduce the bug?
    Pretty much. Im in the middle of forming my second staff now so let's hope it doesnt occur double.