Deleted

what prof with skinning

So i am atm lvling my skinning purely for money. But I want a 2nd one too and I can't decide either engineering ( i'm a huge BG fan and I'm going to love the parachute and rocketboots).

The 2nd prof to choose is leatherworking. Will leatherworking make me even more gold per hour combined with skinning?

thanks in advance

Enchanting or leatherworking

With MoP around the corner yeah, LW will give u money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leatherworking all the way. You will earn lots of money with crafting + free leg/bracer enchant.

Deleted
    Either Leather working,engineering or another gathering prof.

Deleted
    Well I don't know if things have changed but back in the day Mining/Skinning was the go to money making combo.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you like farming, mining or herbing will be a good one.

It really depends on your server and your economy. I recently restarted a hunter on a realm I used to play on during WoLK; the hunter is a skinner/leatherworker, and I regularly sell 377 PvP pieces for 800-1500g a piece - probably three to five pieces a day, which is an easy income. I have to say I was surprised that there is this much demand for it, but obviously not many leatherworkers supplying the market, because the prices of the finished goods are easily three to five times the raw materials AH prices.

So... do you like spending time flying around and gathering? Go gathering. Otherwise, you may make more gold more quickly if you find a niche crafting goods which net you a good profit even sourcing the mats from the AH with no gathering.

Some of the best professions for pure gold is Jewel-crafting and Enchanting. Do the Saronite shuffle...well now the Elementium shuffle. If things continue like they have currently and in the past then you can expect MoP to have its own ore shuffle. A 30-50g stack of ore can be turned into 150g easy with the gems and mats you will get from disenchanting the jewelry you will make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Craft vicious gear with LW. Everyone buys it to get a higher ilevel.

Quote Originally Posted by DujekWoW View Post
    Well I don't know if things have changed but back in the day Mining/Skinning was the go to money making combo.
    I cannot speak for every realm, but selling ore is not nearly as profitable as it once was due to farmers. A stack of leather sells for 4-5 times as much as a comparable level stack of ore on my realm and the leather sells almost immediately at any reasonable price.

Skinning + LW will be great, if you allready have a enchanter you are good to go.
    If you dont you should level one, a DK suits perfectly since without major effort you can get it to SW/Org and level up ench with anything you get from LW.
    If you dont have a tailor, make this dk a tailorer aswell and send the cloth from your leveling char to your DK.
    Using this DK as a bank char for your leveling char only helps with speed and income while leveling.
    Make sure you check all the gear before sending and i suggest if it looks good you send it to another char or AH it while on your leveling char;
    I accidently dissed some stuff that i should have sold cause it was on my dk and i was brainlessly disenchanting

Go with Engineering, it always has its ups and downs and when it has its up's youll be glad you have it.

Deleted
    Engineering gives you extra volatile air while skinning. Due lack of people who gather with engi or farm these from few mobs they drop, they go for high price. I don't think there is any other profession that makes skinning so effective.