View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    It was not and you know it - otherwise it wouldnt have as much Bug complains at start (and thus be forever known as Bugalysm) like d3 had server probs at start....

Yeah right cause rehashing and coloring OLD content makes it new - hint: it doesnt at all....

And yes MoP has more Content at start then Cata had when it was finished...
    Never ran into any bugs in Cataclysm and never once heard anyone call it Bugaclysm. I think you're just emphasizing the negatives and ignoring anything good they did to join the "Cataclysm was awful" bandwagon.

It had its problems, but it was a good expansion for what it addressed. Most people ignore the mountains of work required to revamp Azeroth and don't want to accept the fact that it wasn't an expansion focused entirely on max level.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    people effectively paid $150 for the wonders of patch 4.3 content. and at the end of it all they are asking you to pay $40 more for new content. nope, definitely no milking going on by Blizzard. want to buy a pet or mount?
    So what, now the proclamation is that Annual Pass Holders are supposed to get an expansion for free?

Love the internet...you're entitled to everything and should never pay a dime. -_-

I haven't cancelled WoW in 7 years, so the Annual Pass made sense. It was a bonus on top of what I was going to do anyway and I got a free game with Diablo 3, plus a free mount in game that was kinda neat. I've been leveling a couple alts bit by bit.

And I'll be paying $80 for my third Collector's Edition expansion. Just wish I had the original Collector's Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    While it's only about a month short, at least all the "They won't release before the Annual Passes expire" people will learn to stop with all the stupid "Blizzard is just about milking money out of people" nonsense. Though I'm sure they will still find a way to twist it around enough to make their assertions still seem true.
    No matter what specific date I'd ever settled on, I always said "absolutely no later than a full month before the first wave of APs expire".

People saying it would have to be after are just haters because there was no logic to their claims. Releasing it a full month (or more) before initial APs expire means those with APs are pretty much a lock to buy Mists when they might not have otherwise, plus it doesn't alienate folks who do not want to have been in DS for a full year or more.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So what, now the proclamation is that Annual Pass Holders are supposed to get an expansion for free?

Love the internet...you're entitled to everything and should never pay a dime. -_-
    you are paying $180 a year in subscriptions. if thats your definition of free, i have some magic beans you may be interested in.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    you are paying $180 a year in subscriptions. if thats your definition of free, i have some magic beans you may be interested in.
    If you paid 180$ of wow subscription without any guarantee that wow would remain fresh and interesting and have new content for the duration, you are a sucker. Aside from that, would you like to purchase a bridge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously going to come back to this beaten dead horse? He said that he's never cancelled his sub in seven years and never planned to, he has enjoyed playing still. So if he was going to pay his $179.40 for the year regardless, but got Diablo 3 ($60 value) and a mount ($25 Value) and Beta access for free along the way. Why does it matter? HE came out on top with FREE product. So yes... it's FREE.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    People saying it would have to be after are just haters because there was no logic to their claims. Releasing it a full month (or more) before initial APs expire means those with APs are pretty much a lock to buy Mists when they might not have otherwise, plus it doesn't alienate folks who do not want to have been in DS for a full year or more.
    Well, I find such logic fairly baffling. If there is some truth to it, then I would have to say WoW players are maybe some of the dumbest people in the world and deserve to have every penny taking from them.

If I no longer enjoyed playing the game and even stopped playing the game, but was still paying for the Annual pass. Then all I am looking forward to, is my AP expiring and freeing myself from that burden. So I have 1 month left...$15 more dollars...But NO, I'm going to pay another $40...because well, I need to get my $15 dollars worth ? Those folks that pay $40 to get their $15 dollars worth would be some kind of dense. Even with 3 months left, If I don't want to keep playing why would I pay another $40 to get my $45 worth. I just turned it into an $85 for 3 months game.

Again, I'm talking almost exclusively those that no longer enjoy WOW and have already quit playing, but are signed up for the AP and are waiting for it to end. If some one enjoys the game and are just taking a break, different story.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-07-25 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    ICC only lasted 6-7 months, if you count the release of RS as its end date.
    Why on earth would you count Halion as the end of ICC? That's really silly. We had to raid ICC until the launch of cata.

Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    If you paid 180$ of wow subscription without any guarantee that wow would remain fresh and interesting and have new content for the duration, you are a sucker. Aside from that, would you like to purchase a bridge?
    The words "fresh" and "interesting" are very subjective. What's stale and uninteresting to you might not be seen that way by someone else. When I signed up for the AP, I did so with the expectation that I would be playing for the next year and enjoying it. And that has turned out to be true. I do not feel ripped off that there wasn't a patch 4.4 with additional Cata content.

Well, I find such logic fairly baffling. If there is some truth to it, then I would have to say WoW players are maybe some of the dumbest people in the world and deserve to have every penny taking from them.

If I no longer enjoyed playing the game and even stopped playing the game, but was still paying for the Annual pass. Then all I am looking forward to, is my AP expiring and freeing myself from that burden. So I have 1 month left...$15 more dollars...But NO, I'm going to pay another $40...because well, I need to get my $15 dollars worth ? Those folks that pay $40 to get their $15 dollars worth would be some kind of dense. Even with 3 months left, If I don't want to keep playing why would I pay another $40 to get my $45 worth. I just turned it into an $85 for 3 months game.

Again, I'm talking almost exclusively those that no longer enjoy WOW and have already quit playing, but are signed up for the AP and are waiting for it to end. If some one enjoys the game and are just taking a break, different story.
    I never said you'd catch all those people. But, yes, there will be some who say, "Well, Mists looks neat, I'll give it a try since I'm paying for a month of sub anyway."

If folks just truly don't like the game anymore, they were a lost cause either way. But, there are some folks who would only resub if Mists launched before the AP expired. There are no folks who would only resub if Mists launched after the AP expired, because that makes no sense. 40 bucks is less than 55 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account

If I no longer enjoyed playing the game and even stopped playing the game, but was still paying for the Annual pass.
    BZZZT! Look, the AP was meant for people who were going to play for most or all of the year ANYWAY. There are a fair number of people who just have WoW setup as a recurring sub fee on their credit card... for those people the AP made a ton of sense. For Blizzard, it provided some retention and probably let the recognize revenue a bit differently. For the person who bought the AP, they weren't out any more money than they intended to spend anyway and got freebies. IF they then turned around and decided to quit WoW,well, decisions have consequences. That's called life. You can't make commitments, change your mind and expect the world to just say "Oh, well you changed your mind of COURSE that commitment isn't binding anymore. It's all about you after all..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I played Cata on launch day. None of those things were issues. Enough is enough with the lying. Fine Cata wasn't a good expansion but what was released on launch day WAS complete whether you like it or not.
    Cata was playable yes, But there were some classes specs that were so broken they were not even remotely useful in T11 content. There are a lot of aspects of Cata that were in awful shape out the gate like it or not the game was released in a pretty crappy overall state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    BZZZT! Look, the AP was meant for people who were going to play for most or all of the year ANYWAY. There are a fair number of people who just have WoW setup as a recurring sub fee on their credit card... for those people the AP made a ton of sense. For Blizzard, it provided some retention and probably let the recognize revenue a bit differently. For the person who bought the AP, they weren't out any more money than they intended to spend anyway and got freebies. IF they then turned around and decided to quit WoW,well, decisions have consequences. That's called life. You can't make commitments, change your mind and expect the world to just say "Oh, well you changed your mind of COURSE that commitment isn't binding anymore. It's all about you after all..."
    Well, to be fair, I know that a vocal minority of folks have posted that they decided to quit after signing up for the AP. Lots of trolls making that out to appear to be a bigger deal than it really is, tho ... the overwhelming majority of folks who got the AP are in the category you're talking about (were going to keep playing anyway), and probably most of the rest figured mount+diablo+beta+a-few-more-months-of-ds would be worth it even if they stopped playing a few more months into ds.

But, to this day I still see people referring to the AP as a scam or trick or whatever. And still boggles my mind unless they're blatantly trolling to try to make Blizz look bad (notice how this ramps up significantly preceding the release of major WoW competition -- it was at a fever pitch leading up to SWTOR)

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That's called life. You can't make commitments, change your mind and expect the world to just say "Oh, well you changed your mind of COURSE that commitment isn't binding anymore. It's all about you after all..."
    I think you missed the point I was making. It wasn't that someone made a bad decision per se. It was that if all someone had left was on their AP was a month (which is I believe all the inital AP subscribers should have) and they were unhappy with the game, Hopefully they wouldn't buy MoP just because they had 1 month left on their contract and they somehow felt liked they were "locked in" to buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well, to be fair, I know that a vocal minority of folks have posted that they decided to quit after signing up for the AP. Lots of trolls making that out to appear to be a bigger deal than it really is, tho ... the overwhelming majority of folks who got the AP are in the category you're talking about (were going to keep playing anyway), and probably most of the rest figured mount+diablo+beta+a-few-more-months-of-ds would be worth it even if they stopped playing a few more months into ds.

But, to this day I still see people referring to the AP as a scam or trick or whatever. And still boggles my mind unless they're blatantly trolling to try to make Blizz look bad (notice how this ramps up significantly preceding the release of major WoW competition -- it was at a fever pitch leading up to SWTOR)
    Aside from those trolling my impression of the whiners has been that they're young and/or entitled people. They wanted the AP benefits - and dammit if they weren't FIRST in the beta it was an OUTRAGE - but they didn't want to have to honor their commitment. It's typical of a certain class of person... it's about them and what they want. Things are owed to them, but they owe nothing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brister View Post
    Thank God....

No more:

It has to be Christmas because it has always been Christmas...
    It has to be November because there are so many bugs on beta and it is no where close to ready...
    It can't be in time for Brewfest, you losers assume that the items data mined are for this year? LOLZ

Thank you Bristae for the interesting and stimulating discussions. I do honestly believe you knew from the beginning, so maybe we can all remember that in 2 years when we are talking about the next expansion haha.
    Except that Brewfest starts on the 20th and him and just about everyone in this thread were saying it would happen before brewfest because of the item update. Me and many others judging by the poll thought brewfest was irrelevant and frankly it is. Many if not most will not hit max level before brewfest ends. Also correct me if I am wrong but is this the first time an expansion has been launched in the middle of a holliday? And how do they plan to handle the boss for the first 5 days. Will we just not be able to do him, which might anger those who only need this holiday, or will we be able to do him for 5 days and still get the upgraded loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I don't count RS, RS was a filler raid, so ICC lasted 12 months, but had better bosses, lore and a better raid overall, and we did get the filler raid too to fill our time.
    Even if you count by bosses, ICC(12) lasted 1 month per boss, but DS(8) lasts 1.25 months per boss, so in the end DS exceeds it. And yea, ICC was much better, all of Wrath was much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    Except that Brewfest starts on the 20th and him and just about everyone in this thread were saying it would happen before brewfest because of the item update. Me and many others judging by the poll thought brewfest was irrelevant and frankly it is. Many if not most will not hit max level before brewfest ends. Also correct me if I am wrong but is this the first time an expansion has been launched in the middle of a holliday? And how do they plan to handle the boss for the first 5 days. Will we just not be able to do him, which might anger those who only need this holiday, or will we be able to do him for 5 days and still get the upgraded loot.
    It will just be the lvl 85 event for the entire duration.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    For all the trash talk and stuff, if you go back and read the OP now it's exactly right. Quite funny.
    This. This, and This.

Love it.

~

I think you missed the point I was making. It wasn't that someone made a bad decision per se. It was that if all someone had left was on their AP was a month (which is I believe all the inital AP subscribers should have) and they were unhappy with the game, Hopefully they wouldn't buy MoP just because they had 1 month left on their contract and they somehow felt liked they were "locked in" to buying it.
    It's not just about them having a month left on the contract -- it's about that month giving them a reason to give Mists a look.

Of the people who are on the AP contract yet are bored with the game, I'd say two points on the spectrum represent the crucial elements: players who would not stay subbed after the AP even if they got Mists for free, and folks who will at least consider giving MoP a look with their remaining month. The former group is a lost cause. The latter group, however, will get two weeks of MoP talents/specs/Theramore scenario to decide if they want to get Mists. 40 bucks isn't chump change for a lot of people, but it's still less than the 55 dollars these folks would have to pay if a month or more down the line they decide they want to see what Mists is all about.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I see nothing to suggest that the game will be released later than july/august in this post either.
    This is the best reply.