View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Come on you think it will happen in summer?
    Most people want to return from their holidays and begin to play.
    Its like that :
    -Ohh summer ended, but there is a new wow expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Leaning a bit more toward September 4th myself. It's a safe bet Blizz wouldn't do a 9/11 release, so our two dates seem the most likely at this time.
    If they defer what would have been an optimal release of September 11th because of events over a decade ago, the terrorists win !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    Expect a late september to early October. The Prelude of Mists of Pandaria "Jaina Proudmoore-Tides of War" will be release on August 28. That date is most likely when the ingame events start to take place when we have the transition period. In Cataclysm we also had a book "The shattering" which preluded into the Cataclysm. The book was released on August 31, 2010 while the game released on Dec 7, 2010. If this is true, which seems to be since the book has to be released before the expansion, we'll be looking at an expected expansion release of September/October. Summer releases never sell well too.

A whole bunch of people in MMO-C have been suggesting that the game would release on July/August, which is not too far off, but they still have nothing to back up unless you count faith. See you in Pandaria September/October!!!

EDIT#1: No, guys. I am not talking about Twilight of the Aspects which was released WAY later into the expansion. I am talking about, if you read the whole post, THE SHATTERING.

EDIT#2:
    The Book is NOT the ONLY reason that they would delay/wait for release. It's a series of things, book is an addition.
    The book has to be released first for the story to begin. They need that few hundreds of thousands of people reading thast book to know what's going on with the story because, sincerely, most of it is not in the quest lines. At the end of the day it's all speculation but it's backed up by something. I don't mind people coming with good info agaisnt me, but people who are like NO, NO! it's summer! summmmmeeeerrrr! you just seem like your whinning desperately for something just because you want it.

Like many stated- release dates are said at least 8 weeks prior. July is out.
    School starting on end of August- Do you really think parents will let their kids buy games instead of school supplies? get real. Most of WoW is made up of kids who play with their parents money.
    Mid September to late september carrying into early august are the best time frames they have unless they decide to wait for November for a good sale(last I heard Cata sold ALOT of more than any other expansion).

No matter what Blizzard said about pushing things out faster than before, or game being ready earlier- they will always cater to the best time to sell. Blizzard is ran by money nowdays, like everything and you cannot blame them, so they will break their promises like they have MANY times before.
    well that was expected tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I'm thinking September for sure. I think there needs to be at least a 2 month notice before it will release. If my predictions are correct, they will announce the release date next Tuesday during E3, and that release date will be September 4th, 2012.
    As far as i know Blizz isn´´t at E3.

Edit: http://www.rtsguru.com/article/2979/...-not-all..html

October. Any sooner and there is way too much good climate and stuff to do outside. Especially with the odd weather we've been having, im sure of 80+ degrees in Sept. this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephesh View Post
    October. Any sooner and there is way too much good climate and stuff to do outside. Especially with the odd weather we've been having, im sure of 80+ degrees in Sept. this year.
    What the hell does weather have to do with a games release 0.o I could easily go out in a blizzard and have fun outside lol

Blizzard: "Well, looks it'll be warmer for the months of August and September. We may see a substantial amount of sunshine these next couple of months. We should probably move Mists to October just to ensure everyone isn't outdoors enjoying themselves."

Sorry but that is funny.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Deleted
    People can get WoW on a laptop and hook it up so they can play outside. Good weather and a good game, what more could you want!?

Deleted
    And did anyone think that 10/2012 wasn't a reasonable date?

I'm expecting November or December of 2012. They will want to draw attention to Diablo3 a few months longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogarashi View Post
    As far as i know Blizz isn´´t at E3.

Edit: http://www.rtsguru.com/article/2979/...-not-all..html
    Doesn't mean that they can not or will not announce something during E3 time. they don't have to be on an E3 stage to announce something while E3 and the media is buzzing about electronic entertainment. O.o They can do a press release from Irvine just as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post

I'm expecting November or December of 2012. They will want to draw attention to Diablo3 a few months longer.
    This sentiment kills me. WoW is a subscription based game. They want people to remain SUBSCRIBED so they can make money. No new content for a year would ensure that they lose at least a third of those subscribers. Diablo 3 is a one time purchase. The bulk of people who want Diablo 3 already have it. They already gave Blizzard their money.

How is it not reasonable to think Blizzard would be trying to make good on their promise of faster content? I really hope the people who are saying November/December release are just trolling and not supreme idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post

I hope not. I rushed through D3 and that's it. I won't be farming equip all day just to get the perfect pieces, I'm no korean.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    My prediction has always been November. That's when most Annual Pass subscriptions will run out and leaves plenty of time for Diablo 3 farming to bring folks back in.
    I'm not entirely sure I understand the logic of this. What does the expiration date of AP have to do with the release of a new expansion? it could expire tomorrow, that means squat when trying to figure out a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Doesn't mean that they can not or will not announce something during E3 time. they don't have to be on an E3 stage to announce something while E3 and the media is buzzing about electronic entertainment. O.o They can do a press release from Irvine just as easily.
    True.
    Still don/t belive they will so... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    One of the most notable things is the addition of lv90 Brewfest and Halloween items in the latest beta patch. Blizzard would not have added them if they didn't think MoP would be released before then while also giving people plenty of time to reach lv90.
    Sir or Madam... You are on to something!

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Not sure how you miss all the signs that point to a July/August release date.
    So, O wow OP ... you are incorrect.
    what are the signs that point to a july/august release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaak View Post
    I hope not. I rushed through D3 and that's it. I won't be farming equip all day just to get the perfect pieces, I'm no korean.
    Doesn't matter... they got your $60. They won.

This isn't WoW - it doesn't benefit them for you to do continual play (unless you wanted to buy stuff on the RMAH).

Blizz is going to make most of their money at this moment from Box-sales only... so the more box sales they get, the better for them.

...and the better for them when the RMAH launches, which they're going to give a few months to let people use too to maximize that.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    One of the most notable things is the addition of lv90 Brewfest and Halloween items in the latest beta patch. Blizzard would not have added them if they didn't think MoP would be released before then while also giving people plenty of time to reach lv90.
    The Goblin/Worgen masks were implemented in a Wrath-patch. They didn't go live until a YEAR after Cataclysm came out.

Their inclusion doesn't mean squat... I honestly think that Blizz probably just made iLevel versions just to get people to THINK exactly what you're saying, to keep them egging on through the dry times. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I understand the logic of this. What does the expiration date of AP have to do with the release of a new expansion? it could expire tomorrow, that means squat when trying to figure out a release date.
    But he has a point, AP holders will pay till the year is over, expansion/patches or not, so a smart move would be, putting out th next AP as soon as the first runs out, combined with a new deal, for example MOP for free, so people who just finnished the AP have a reason to instantly resub

All I'm going to say is your title is wrong.

They released D3 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early. It's still broken beyond belief. Why would they bother waiting with MoP?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Doesn't matter... they got your $60. They won.

This isn't WoW - it doesn't benefit them for you to do continual play (unless you wanted to buy stuff on the RMAH).

Blizz is going to make most of their money at this moment from Box-sales only... so the more box sales they get, the better for them.

...and the better for them when the RMAH launches, which they're going to give a few months to let people use too to maximize that.
    Your argument works against you. Your right. This isn't Wow. They won't lose box sales for diablo 3, to MoP. Nor will they lose box sales of MoP to D3. They're not even the same kind of game. They will however lose subscriptions, which are far more valuable to Blizz then box sales for D3(based on the fact of AP) if they don't release some sort of content for their game. Blizzard has never gone 10-12 months without a major content update.(and don't give me ICC, they had haleon. Yes it wasn't much but it was SOMETHING) Hell I'm not sure they've gone more then 8 months(could be wrong). Either way, coorelating MoP sales against Diablo 3 sales is redundant. The ONLY reason they are not going to be released with 1 or 2 months of each other is possible based on quartely interest rates. In which case, D3 and MoP might be released in different parts of the year based on that and that alone as the only correlation between the two releases.

Edit: And I want to point out that even the quarterly rates are a bit of a stretch for an excuse. EA games releases multiple games sometimes on the same DAY much less the same quarter, without fear or risk of competition from itself. You know why? Because they're releases are just about as different as diablo 3 and MoP are.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2012-05-29 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by levandor View Post
    But he has a point, AP holders will pay till the year is over, expansion/patches or not, so a smart move would be, putting out th next AP as soon as the first runs out, combined with a new deal, for example MOP for free, so people who just finnished the AP have a reason to instantly resub
    Yes I know, but I'm also in the July/August "crowd" because well, it makes sense. They won't allow the beta to go for 9 months, it just won't happen, and if it does people will unsub/terminate their AP due to the crappiness that is DS/WoW at this moment. It'd make the most sense to go with one of the two dates I said as well due to the fact people will STILL have AP, thus they'll buy MoP and continue paying for at least ~3 months or a bit more, which in turn means more money for the money-hungry Blizzard/Activision. And I know it means absolutely squat, but they also said DS won't be the new ICC, so take that for what you will. That all also makes sense from a business standpoint.

Another thing I noticed in this thread is people saying how buggy the beta is and how no level 90 content is active yet, nobody understands that the devs have a few builds that we obviously can't see/use yet, for all we know this week or next, or the week after next they can release bug fixes/90 content in one swoop this week, or a few builds in the next few weeks. They will lose out on more money if they end up having a "year of Dragon Soul" like with ICC, or hell even close to a year.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-05-29 at 05:06 PM.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

The Goblin/Worgen masks were implemented in a Wrath-patch. They didn't go live until a YEAR after Cataclysm came out.

Their inclusion doesn't mean squat... I honestly think that Blizz probably just made iLevel versions just to get people to THINK exactly what you're saying, to keep them egging on through the dry times. :P
    The goblin and worgen masks were Blizzard hinting at the new races. Plus, they don't have stats on them. Releasing brewfest items with stats on them early is silly, because next year they'd be worthless statwise and would have to be changed again.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)