Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How do you respond to 'I'll think about it?'

I recently asked a girl out and her response was 'I need to think about it'

At first I was like 'alright just call me or whatever when you want'

Now it's been a day and that seems more than enough time to have thought about it no call or response. And for my tastes I don't really want to start something with someone who needs a couple days th think about if she should go on a date or not

So would it be jerkish to simply call and say 'hey never mind I'm just going to take that as a no' or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post

Now it's been a day and that seems more than enough time to have thought about it no call or response. And for my tastes I don't really want to start something with someone who needs a couple days th think about if she should go on a date or not

So would it be jerkish to simply call and say 'hey never mind I'm just going to take that as a no' or not?
    Dude that's not a long time. How old are you? Depending on age that statement changes radically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont call her to confront her.

But yes take it as a no.

I think she just tried to let you down softly...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Dude that's not a long time. How old are you? Depending on age that statement changes radically.
    I get that but I expect people to be able to come up with a yes or no answer in less than a day it's not a life altering decision or anything

If you're not willing to wait more than a day, you obviously don't want to go out with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    She likes you enough to avoid hurting your feelings. But if she was interested, she would have said so almost immediately.

She could be busy, but confronting her about it isn't going to increase your chances any.

Don't bother asking her again, let her call you.

I always replied with "what's there to think about?" She either wants to, or doesn't. Tell her you won't be mad if she says no. Then, of course, you have to not be mad when she says no.

Deleted

Dude, you're friendzoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or... maybe she has a ton of stuff on her mind, so going on a date is the last thing she thinks about? Humans tend to be a lot more complicated than we take ourselves to be. Wait a few days, and then try to find out more

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to asking someone out, if its not an immediate yes, then its no, or yes with complications. It really is. In all other situations, "I'll think about it" usually means they don't want to do it, but may think of a way to say yes and deal with the complications to why they wanted to say no in the first place.

TLDR: "I'll think about it" is never a good answer, not when you are young, not when you are old.

Im goin with its a no.... She was just being nice about it imo..

Deleted
    I get that but I expect people to be able to come up with a yes or no answer in less than a day it's not a life altering decision or anything
    This is where you are thinking wrong.
    with the idea of going on a date, it normally would lead to a series of dates and you would be bf and gf, so its not a killer decision but its till one that takes thought because if the intention is to end up as an item then it can effect your futures.

otherwise its just a waste of time and everyone knows how valuable that is.

Deleted
    My girlfriend took a day to respond, and we've been together five years. Pretty big change in mine and her life i'd say.

Be patient, but it does sound like a No.

I'm sorry man, but I would take it as a "No".

And I wouldn't call.

Some people have lives lol. Like he said your age matters a lot here. I'm 21 and if I probably wouldn't get back to someone within 24 hours in this circumstance. People have jobs and other things to do. Now, if you're in like, high school or something, that could be a little different.

She's not interested. Period.

If she were, she would have said yes. "Let me think about it" means no. Every single time.

Sounds like a no.

When someone says 'I'll think about it' to me I automatically assume they mean no. Haven't been wrong so far on this assumption.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Lol, actually, yes, YES it IS a LIFE ALTERING decision to start a relationship with someone. Stop and think about it...what if you DO date, and it works out, and you MARRY, and have KIDS.....seems pretty altered to me...
    that said...yah, I think it was french for no.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.