How To Get Beta Access Code And Box

Hey guys. I really am looking forward to Guild Wars 2. When I had found out that if I pre-order from Amazon, I won't actually receive a code for beta? Seriously? Okay.. well it's not the fact of paying for it when it releases, is why I went with Amazon.

I just want a physical box that sits on my shelf, so I have the cds ect. Why pay the same price for a digital version and get screwed out of 5 dollars? I love the boxes, the instruction guides, the backup cd keys for installs.

Is there anywhere I can pre order the game, and have a physical box shipped to me when the game releases, but also immediately get a beta key so I can participate? I don't want a digital version I cannot see or hold for the same price.

Your only option is collector's edition pre-buy and I don't think that even that contains disks. You can pre-buy stadard retail edition, but it is nothing but a jewel case that contains the code. No manual, no CDs, nothing else is in it.

So basically no there's nothing you really can do.

Have to buy the CE if you want semi-close beta access & physical copy. Part of the incentive of selling the game as a digital pre-purchase was you got goodies/access no one else got, I think.

Kurtis Blow would call that the, *ahem*, brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Have to buy the CE if you want semi-close beta access & physical copy.
    I thought one could purchase the standard edition physical copy from participating outlets and still obtain BWE access (as opposed to having to buy the CE)?

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...aq/#forty-five
    Which products are available for Pre-Purchase?

Customers will be able to pre-purchase the Guild Wars 2 Digital Edition and the Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe Edition directly from NCsoft. In addition to the digital products, certain retailers will also be offering physical Pre-Purchase of the Guild Wars 2 Standard Edition and the Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition.
    And a bit more info on physical pre-purchase below that in the FAQ. Just be certain the retailer knows the difference between pre-purchase and pre-order. Of course it doesn't specifically say you can return to the store to pick up a physical box/disc, and I'm not certain either way.
    Last edited by Tithonus; 2012-05-21 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Man View Post
    I thought one could purchase the standard edition physical copy from participating outlets and still obtain BWE access (as opposed to having to buy the CE)?
    Depends on where you live. Some countries will have physical copies, others won't.

Deleted
    As far as I'm aware Europe uses boxes, US has just codes.
    If I understood it correctly, in the US the only boxed version will be the CE, while Europe offers boxes with the code in it for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    As far as I'm aware Europe uses boxes, US has just codes.
    If I understood it correctly, in the US the only boxed version will be the CE, while Europe offers boxes with the code in it for some odd reason.
    Yh, but those lovely EU boxes contain an assortment of wonderful household gases such as Methane, Carbon Dioxide and maybe some oxygen if ur lucky.
    U get nothing more with the physical EU boxes than you do with the US digital boxes. The EU box has nothing. A a sheet of card with a code on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Yh, but those lovely EU boxes contain an assortment of wonderful household gases such as Methane, Carbon Dioxide and maybe some oxygen if ur lucky.
    U get nothing more with the physical EU boxes than you do with the US digital boxes. The EU box has nothing. A a sheet of card with a code on it.
    Yes, but you get a box! My box is happily sitting there looking at me, mocking me every morning to remind me the game is not out yet. Also, I suppose I can put the launcher in a cd, get someone to print a pretty little cover for the cd itself and put the cd in the box.

I don't think you get CDs at all tbh, I'm not even sure you get one with the CE, as it's not... particularly clear on that.
    You get a box though.

If your dutch you can get a digital edition but with a box at bol.com, it contains a voucher with a serial/beta code.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just afraid my download is going to take like 24 hours so I won't get to play it on day 1
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    I'm just afraid my download is going to take like 24 hours so I won't get to play it on day 1
    You'll get more than one day to download it. We get three days for the beta.

Going to have to get used to it. We are going to way of digital>physical copies for games, movies, music, ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    preordered at gamestop, they said id be getting a physical copy. if i go there to find out I'm getting a download code ill be pissed
    weeee!