The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

i just bought this and i love it!

So i bought SWTOR this past weekend (for 60, and now its on sale for 40 ) but anyways its a wonderful game but after reading a few threads on here i worry about the game, it's really a great game and id hate to see it go b2p or whatever it is and then they just laid people off etc. are any of these things critical or what?

Lay-offs are pretty normal. Enjoy the game! :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacabra View Post
    So i bought SWTOR this past weekend (for 60, and now its on sale for 40 ) but anyways its a wonderful game but after reading a few threads on here i worry about the game, it's really a great game and id hate to see it go b2p or whatever it is and then they just laid people off etc. are any of these things critical or what?
    the layoffs are pretty standard after release the non important people are let go

Try not to let others' opinions influence your own. They are not necessarily wrong, per say, but for now, just play the game. Subscribe if you enjoy it, unsubscribe if you do not.

As for buy to play, it seems like its a popular payment option and one that a lot of MMO fans want. If Bioware adopts it, they are just evolving their payment model to meet a modern MMO audience.

I also would not worry too much about the layoffs. They happen, unfortunately, and right now information about them is sparse. When more information comes out in the following days we will know what will happen in terms of development and what not.

Just play the game and don't worry too much.

...Oh and pick a popular server.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacabra View Post
    I certainly hope it dosn't go B2P if thats what I think it means. Like those terrible games like maple story and Perfect World International where people waste tons of dollars on not only gear that puts them ahead but also useless trinkets just to make them look pretty?

It's shameful how much money people throw away on that sort of stuff. I know they can do what they want with thier money but it would also ruin the game for me because there would be little to no drive to get better or get items or even run Flashpoints because I know someone who just empties thier wallet is immediately "better".

All the interesting stuff would only be for people who waste copious amounts of money while people who want to play for fun will get scraps.

Needless to say I would probably immediately quit the game because it would suddenly jump on the spectrum from a good MMO to actually worse then WoW (WoW is bad imo for many reasons even though it is not B2P yet...)

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    I certainly hope it dosn't go B2P if thats what I think it means. Like those terrible games like maple story and Perfect World International where people waste tons of dollars on not only gear that puts them ahead but also useless trinkets just to make them look pretty?

It's shameful how much money people throw away on that sort of stuff. I know they can do what they want with thier money but it would also ruin the game for me because there would be little to no drive to get better or get items or even run Flashpoints because I know someone who just empties thier wallet is immediately "better".

And how is this worse than throwing away $180 (4 expansions worth) a year on content that doesnt even equal 1 games worth of stuff?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the game. I'm glad you enjoy it.

However, we have an existing thread about the staff changes. Please use that for discussion on this topic.