Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Barbarians in Inferno

I have hit a wall in inferno. I can not solo the butcher! I can do anything solo from Normal - Hell including Diablo but the Butcher just seems to be owning me. Does anyone have any good farming spots they do for gear or specific builds they like? Thanks for any advice given!

you know what time it is....TIME TO RE-Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Join the club, range is far better at the moment, can only hope they buff barbarians somehow, act 2 if u make it ther, it will make u want to reroll from the horror.

Sry its tuff to recommend anything to solo in inferno its just horrible at the moment
    Last edited by xxxonslaughtxxx; 2012-05-22 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    Link to thread about where a barb killed butcher on inferno:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Barb-solo-kill
    Last edited by mmoc5f9674afcd; 2012-05-22 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get better, it can be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to 1h+Shield. Also, you need to get set items for Inferno. Meaning you need to quit the Butcher for now and level up Blacksmithing. You can also open your game up at the start of act 1 aka Falling Star quest and open it to public, this will increase the odds of a 4 man party and just kill the Butcher with 3 other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    You need to 1h+Shield. Also, you need to get set items for Inferno. Meaning you need to quit the Butcher for now and level up Blacksmithing. You can also open your game up at the start of act 1 aka Falling Star quest and open it to public, this will increase the odds of a 4 man party and just kill the Butcher with 3 other people.
    You don't necessarily need to 1h + shield, though it does help carry you if you're undergeared.

Full IK set does very nicely tyvm

running solo in inferno is your first mistake, get a monk friend. As far as your problems I would recommend using (sorry dont remember all the names yet) the aoe ground stun, ignore pain with the heal rune, earthquake, war cry with the heal rune, cleave, revenge with the heal rune and a shield and one hander.

this is what I use, I try to be generous with all my stats, if your going hard with strength your gonna die a lot unless you have someone tanking for you. I currently have around 750str, 625dex, 650 int, and a boat load of Vitality and around roughly 30-40% in all resist-----this equals me doing less dmg than I would like but I have much better survivabilty. I have yet to meet a mob than I cannot kite/solo (lol) in inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You don't necessarily need to 1h + shield, though it does help carry you if you're undergeared.

Full IK set does very nicely tyvm
    Full IK set is hardly overgearing it though
    You'd be MUCH better off with couple of inferno rares

Deleted
    easy to solo all of act one as barb once you get the right gear, be patient with getting gear from AH, get some nice gear for a really low price if you stay on AH for awhile refreshing etc,
    for soloing butcher i took all of the 2 min cds + frenzy with maniac, full dps with 2hander and hes dead under 2 min for the achieve, may need some luck with the firespwans but once you have enough gear is pretty easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaino View Post
    easy to solo all of act one as barb once you get the right gear, be patient with getting gear from AH, get some nice gear for a really low price if you stay on AH for awhile refreshing etc,
    for soloing butcher i took all of the 2 min cds + frenzy with maniac, full dps with 2hander and hes dead under 2 min for the achieve, may need some luck with the firespwans but once you have enough gear is pretty easy
    Pretty much this. Bring cooldowns and don't get hit. All the damage is avoidable except for his AoE chain move and normal melee swings, so stop standing in shit and use a 2 hander. I did it with 8k damage, and 4 of my items are under lvl 45.

I saw no reason to play melee in the upper difficulties.

Deleted
    Got to Act 2 Inferno with my Barb - Rerolled Wizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Butcher kill solo, 5 nephalem buffs, spec included in vid.

Belial solo kill, same guy. Spec included in vid.

Azmodan solo kill by the same guy.

These are some nice vids if you need a guide, he also has his spec in all of the videos.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-05-23 at 01:16 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

The problem isnt soloing bosses. Its soloing elite packs. Right now unless you get extremely lucky with affixes its near impossible to solo any elites a2 + My barb is in a3 inferno currently but thats only with the help of a monk friend. My advice is re-roll unless your playing in a group. In that case have fun just running around stunning on CD and throwing out shouts to buff your party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzen View Post
    Link to thread about where a barb killed butcher on inferno:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Barb-solo-kill
    Bosses are easy after few tries, I killed Butcher even with the Achievement for the speed kill (2 minutes).

What is hard is the packs, if you go full defensive you will spend 30mins + killing a simple rare pack ... Just ridiculous a melee class which has to go throw/ranged to be effective.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2012-05-23 at 01:21 AM.
    -K

Deleted
    Either change your build, get better gear to meet the dps-requirements as it's a dpsrace, or if you're dying, simply learn to read the boss, the only thing that can get even remotely annoying about this boss is the randomness of where the fires move (if he charges into a fire so you loose dps time), other than that it's pretty easy to dodge his stuff, maybe not the aoe-chain but it shouldn't be fatal.

10+ Year Old Account
    As said before it's not the bosses that are impossible, it's the elite packs as a barb.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

No need to buff any classes, you just need to figure out better ability choices and farm some gear/grind levels. Welcome to the world of Diablo.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Quote Originally Posted by windfish View Post
    No need to buff any classes, you just need to figure out better ability choices and farm some gear/grind levels. Welcome to the world of Diablo.
    you obvioulsy dont have a barb or are not in inferno. please dont make statements like that without actual knowledge of what your saying

If you want to be able to go straight away to inferno and kill stuff while having fun roll ranged.