Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Of their friends? Yes.

Of some random company? Hell no. Only hardcore believers do that.
    I'm not so sure about that - adding some band, author, film or game to your "likes" list means you get the updates...this has been the case for quite a while, so folk are learning that they can be more informed about everything that they're in to, with zero effort.

Being informed has been part of the public psyche for at least the last 7 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    I'm not so sure about that - adding some band, author, film or game to your "likes" list means you get the updates...this has been the case for quite a while, so folk are learning that they can be more informed about everything that they're in to, with zero effort.

Being informed has been part of the public psyche for at least the last 7 years.
    I agree. My reason to have facebook and Twitter? TV shows + Music + Games instant updates, all neatly folded into one timeline and without the fan crazy and annoyance of forums or reddit. =3 I like keeping in touch with my favourite things without having to check ten million different websites.

Also I agree that the whole 'OHHH BUT THERE'S NO BLOG POST' is being a bit stupid. Guys, it's not even an announcement as much as confirmation that people apparently needed as they though Anet was going to just spring something on them. (By something I mean something meaningful like a BETA WEEKEND, not as a stress test, because you know what? the stress test wasn't a beta like many seem to think, it was a stress test).
    What blog post could they do: 'BWE2 is not this weekend', 'This is an announcement that there is no announcement'? If you are following their blog you will get warned when there IS a beta test. If you are following their social networks you get informed of when there ISN'T a beta test since people seem to have a recording instead of a voice and keep asking and spreading rumours.

/rant over.