Horizontal 3x3 Piston Trapdoor - Help!

I've replicated the Horizontal 3x3 Piston Trapdoor in the video shown below.

However, I'm still new to Redstone, and I've run into a problem. Instead of a lever, I want to use a button as the power source. I need to figure out a way for the trapdoor to remain closed while idle, and then open when the button is pushed, and finally close again afterwards automatically.

Does anyone have a solution to this, or know of a video showing an example of what I've described (even if it's vertical)?

I've scoured YouTube and have yet to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

What you need is an RS NOR latch to act as a memory cell and a line of repeaters to act as a delay to automaticly reset it after the period you want it to remain active

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_Circuits

What you do is hook the button up to the RS NOR latch to set it, this'll activate the trapdoor, and also run a side line from the button that runs over the line of repeaters to the other side of the RS NOR latch to reset it afterwards

That or a monostable circuit could be used (basicly the same as RS NOR latch with repeaters for reset) but is build differently afaik
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

Deleted
    Or just skip the RS NOR latch and use repeaters to lengthen the redstone signal from the button for the same effect..?

Last edited by mmocf97e47b820; 2012-05-24 at 05:59 PM.