Thread: WoW 2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia

WoW 2

Hello everyone.

Yes, i know what you're all thinking, it's not going to happen. I, on the other hand, believe that Blizzard will eventually (i don't really care when as long as it's not after i die) release another game based on the Warcraft universe. Blizzard is all about the 3 universes; Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft. Even though they might introduce a new one (Titan, which might not even happen, if you remember all those firings), i don't think Blizzard will ever give up on any of the 3 universes which made it so rich, as long as they have the potential to make huge money on them (Activision Blizzard, which, i know, isn't just Blizzard, has 7300 employees and a net income of 1085 million dollars while EA games, which people often dub the biggest producer of games, has 7700 employees and a net income of 76 million dollars).

I have always been a huge lore fun (not so much about the going on lore as much as about the history of Warcraft) so to me it doesn't matter what kind of game they release. Be it an RPG, MMORPG, strategy, i don't really care. All i want is the epic story of Warcraft to continue in a more epic way than it has been lately. And seeing as Warcraft is slowly decaying as the ever so awesome universe (i'm not saying WoW is dying, i'm just saying it's not as fun as it used to be), they might indeed decide to end it.

In my opinion, the perfect way to end Warcraft would be to release this new game which would be in the form of a trilogy (trilogies are always awesome). The first part of the trilogy would be about saving Azeroth from the final Old God which decided to invade. The Titans are otherwise engaged in fighting the war with the Burning Legion so they cannot assist us. What would make this significant, and people don't realise this, is that the Old Gods existed before Titans. They were the ultimate horrors of the universe. They weren't just the bad gods of Azeroth. They were just sealed there. The second part would begin with the Burning Legion's invasion of Azeroth (after they started to win the war with the Titans). Basically, War of the Ancients 2.0. The Titans would be there helping the Azerothians and all, and eventually, the Burning Legion would be pushed far enough for the heroes of Azeroth to travel to Argus and defeat Sargearas (which would happen in the third part). Another possibility is that, after the invasion of Azeroth ends, the heroes would first conquer some of the important strongholds of the Burning Legion, like the Xoroth planet and other homeworlds of the Burning Legion species. This could be, as a prelude to bringing the fight directly to Sargearas, incorporated in either the ending of the second part or the beginning of the third. That's just my idea of how the awesome ending would look like. Just imagine all the new landscapes we'd see. Especially Argus, i mean imagine a planet where ships like Exodar fit into the environment.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-06-24 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice OP. I do hope they do this in a non-mmo form.

It wouldn't surprise me if they came out with a Warcraft 4 at some point in the future. I definitely can't see them making a WoW2 though, in case anyone brings that up. Blizz seems be wanting the creating of new lore in the Warcraft universe, but there is obviously still a lot of old lore to work with. Another form of the Warcraft Saga, such as a WC4, should have all this and/or even more.

My thing is, you bring up a lot of warcraft universe themes many WoW players would love to see implemented into WoW as a patch/expansion, so the theme behind something like a Warcraft 4 would probably be tricky. In some sense, it should be connected to WoW, as all the current Warcraft games are past depictions that lead up to WoW. Events that play out in something like Warcraft 4 would have to eventually reflect in WoW at some point, depending on what the theme is of course. If anything, it could be missions about more of Warcraft's past lore that is still in speculation (but that's the opposite of what your proposing in your OP >_<).

I thought about how some of these themes could be used for a WoW2(MMO), but I can't see Blizz ever doing that. They've already hinted with the idea of updating character models among other things in development. Any Warcraft theme could be used as an expansion/patch theme, just like how any of the past WoW expansions could've been used as a WoW2 theme. However, updating the game with a new engine and development time is probably being directed on Blizz's new universe (project Titan or w/e). Reworking WoW in terms of making a 2nd mmo would be a bad move on Blizz's part, despite how many of us may despise the outdated engine it's using among other things.
    Last edited by GuiltyCrown; 2012-06-24 at 06:25 PM.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

WoW 2? Pfffft, everyone knows they're making a Lost Vikings MMO!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be very surprised if Blizzard did not revisit the warcraft universe in the future. Very goddamn surprised!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyCrown View Post
    My thing is, you bring up a lot of warcraft universe themes many WoW players would love to see implemented into WoW as a patch/expansion, so the theme behind something like a Warcraft 4 would probably be tricky. In some sense, it should be connected to WoW, as all the current Warcraft games are past depictions that lead up to WoW. Events that play out in something like Warcraft 4 would have to eventually reflect in WoW at some point, depending on what the theme is of course. If anything, it could be missions about more of Warcraft's past lore that is still in speculation (but that's the opposite of what your proposing in your OP >_<).
    I wouldn't really even mind if they went with something like that. I just want a new Warcraft game! I want the awesome feeling of playing Warcraft 3 or exploring Outland in WoW. This can only ever happen again with a totally new game. And about my proposed ending, it's just that, an ending. It doesn't have to be in the next Warcraft game/s. I just want something like that to eventually happen. And i think it would be a requirement that such an ending takes place in a new game which is focused mostly on the ending itself and not the continuation of the Warcraft universe.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-06-24 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Id like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    1. They are making Titan, they have pulled all the best team members from WOW to make it.
    2. It is not Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft.

that is all we know at this time about it. They have actually been good at keeping quiet what it is, just not who's working on it.

As for WOW2 it was a failure, its called Cataclysm. And when MOP comes out...

"The Skill Tree will no longer be of any concern to us. I've just received word that the Emperor has dissolved Classic Skills permanently. The last remnants of the Old World of Warcraft have been swept away." ―Grand Moff Michael Morhaime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    1. They are making Titan, they have pulled all the best team members from WOW to make it.

that is all we know at this time about it. They have actually been good at keeping quiet what it is, just not who's working on it.

"The Skill Tree will no longer be of any concern to us. I've just received word that the Emperor has dissolved Classic Skills permanently. The last remnants of the Old World of Warcraft have been swept away." ―Grand Moff Michael Morhaime
    This. Sadly i think it is good business to kill WoW. Make way for their new game, end of story. I saw this slow destruction at the end tail of Wotlk.

When a wild forum troll appears

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post

Really? You think getting rid of skill trees is bad? I think the new talent system is a massive improvement.

The new talent system has way more combinations for game play, especially in pvp.

vs what we have now where you have to go x/x/x and have 2 pts to spend on something else not in the build.

Of course this is opinion but i think its a great improvement, talents shouldnt be about increasing x by y
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Yes please, I would probably play that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbob View Post
    Really? You think getting rid of skill trees is bad? I think the new talent system is a massive improvement.
    Bad or good what we have is no longer World of Warcraft. That was the final piece of the original game.

10+ Year Old Account
    More posts please. xD

Deleted
    After MoP I guess there will be a burning legion expansion thingy again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    With hilarious deaths. I loved those in Lost Vikings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbob View Post
    I heard the same about D3, look how that turned out.

I sure hope they do something, maybe not mmo related, I kind of gave up hope on the fact they know what to do in an MMO anymore.
    The Warcraft lore is deep, and lately the game doesn't take advantage of it. all we can do is hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    I sure hope they do something, maybe not mmo related, I kind of gave up hope on the fact they know what to do in an MMO anymore.
    The Warcraft lore is deep, and lately the game doesn't take advantage of it. all we can do is hope for the best.
    Wait, Falstead Wildhammer isn't dead (that's the guys name...right? I'm really bad at lore)? :P

I dont really understand why Blizzard need to "stop WoW" or "make another WoW" Because its still 10million people paying them each month. And the numbers on other MMOs are what? 2million max (no clue just a guess). I doubht they will ever end WoW, unless it cost more to keep up than they are makeing.

But how can they make a WoW 2? New villains? (Can make those in current WoW), New world (Can also make that in WoW) etcetc, I think they could do all the things in current wow, without makeing a new game.
    I love the warcraft lore, and its amazing, my only problem is that WoW is killing ever single lore chars that are my favorites (Illidan-Arthas) And now Deathwing is dead, the only good once left is Sargeras, Kil'jeaden and maybe Medivh.. So they need to make more "great lore" if they want to keep people interressted in the game.
    And that is the reason i think people might loose interest when the "great" is all dead.

I wasnt always a warcraft lore-geek, but i still got "chills and excited" when i saw Illidan cinematics, and WotLK so i think people who dont care about wow lore still care because they want to kill something awesome, instead of the same old model ingame.

Could also be because many that is playing WoW, played the Warcraft game where the lore started and most of those char's are dead now, so its not as exciting.

Babling aside, if there was great lore, great game, something that would "draw" people to (WoW 2) that people was excited about then sure i wouldnt mind it.

And about Titan or any other game, if they make it a prio (like they have by moving people from wow to it) they will most likely loose me as a Blizzgamer, because there is no game out there that can compare with wow (in my eyes). Everything i have tried is shit, and i quit after a few hours/days, but still play wow after 7years. And i dont play any other Blizzard game and i prob never will (unless WoW 2>_<), Titan or whatever its called its prob something that i wont care for, just as i dont care for Diablo/Starcraft

So if they end WoW, they loose players/checks (atleast me)
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    I dont really understand why Blizzard need to "stop WoW" or "make another WoW" Because its still 10million people paying them each month. And the numbers on other MMOs are what? 2million max (no clue just a guess). I doubht they will ever end WoW, unless it cost more to keep up than they are makeing.
    The reason i think they should eventually stop WoW, even before it gets below the average amount of players per MMO, is that people always want change. I want them to scrap this whole design of game play and come up with something totally new that isn't related to the type of play we see in WoW at all. People want change. People need change, and that's the reason WoW is *slowly* losing it's player base. People can deny it all they want, but this game, if it keeps on going in the form of expansions forever, will eventually become just another MMO. People eventually got bored of 3D. So what happened then? IMAX was introduced. Eventually, we're going to get holograms. Why? Because people get bored of the same things. WoW is, no matter how different the expansions might be one from another, always the same and it will stay the same. And that will eventually bore more and more people!