Barb build help (Hell)

Hi.
    I'm having some problems in Hell (currently Act2).. I'm a bit undergeared which ofcourse make this problem bigger, but I think the biggest problem is my build.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...fVk!beV!aaZcca

This is my current build, and I die. A lot. Any tips for another, better suvival build?

Edit: damn just read what i wrote im to drunk for writing tonight... but y thanks for anwsers

I would change furious charge for seismic slam with shattered ground rune and wep throw for ignore pain with ignorance is bliss rune. my barb is currently in act 3 hell and what i'm using is a bit of a more offence type build. 30k hp 6k armor and still 10k dps (while at max fury). If you find a pack of champs/rares you cant kill i would change out war cry for earthquake so you can get alot of damage in quickly. Expect to die alot on champs/rares until you get some gear (or lucky and get jailer waller and vortex).

barb build

Hi,

I do pretty good with this build. (calculator/barbarian#abYTXP!Vdc!cYZbYZ - it wont let me post a link but paste that into the same calc site and hit refresh)

basically i use bash for single target and cleave for aoe. ground stomp pulls them in for better aoe. leap to escape or to pull em in when stomp is on cooldown. if you got a big group together drop quake on em. if that doesn't do it - then go into giant mode and tear em to bits with double damage and +attack & movement speed.

you don't spend much fury with this build which is why i chose the +25% damage when fury is full. Also, I like life leach on hit or % damage converted to life along with +attack speed... this should help you stay alive.

let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Rychous; 2012-05-26 at 08:09 PM.

Here is my personal build. I am in Act 2 hell and ever since I switched to this build I've been mowing down stuff, even elites (but you still have to play frozen/jailers - arcane smart). I'll also add my train of thought of why I picked it.

Primary - Frenzy (Smite rune). It was either this or Siesmic Slam with a stun rune. Being able to occassionally stun something, even briefly has saved me. Especially vs Elites/Champions. I chose Frenzy because once it gets to 5 stacks and you are swinging quickly, the % damage to life on weapons or +life on hit will really build up.

Secondary - Rend (Bloodlust Rune) or Whirlwind (Bloodfunnel rune). Your fury spender/mediocre life regen. I use Rend w/ sword and board and Whirlwind with two hander. With Rend, Spam it every 3-5 seconds to maximize your self healing. With whirlwind, you have to wait till you have a decent group (or alot of fury) for it to be worth it. Using a two-hander also allows you to mow down "Horde" Champions with easy.

1 - Furious Charge (Merciless Assault). Eventually, I'll get the Dreadnaught rune (I'm only 55), but Merciless Assault is badass in groups of 5 or more. Basically it's 195% WD that generates fury AND hits multiple targets. If I see a large group, I charge in, out, in, out until only a handful remain. Dreadnaught will give you a short CD heal, which I suspect will be more valuable on boss fights (Merciless Assault is useless on boss fights).

2 - Revenge (Provocation rune)). Seriously, this is almost mandatory. I shouldn't have to explain but: 220% WD, 5.0% HP/target, AoE... what is not to love?

3 - Ignore Pain (Ignorance is Bliss rune). This is a life saver, and allows you to stand in the bad stuff when most other time you cannot. Also, when paired with Relentless ness, sub 20% you are unkillable.

4 - Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity run). Yes, I didn't take earthquake! As badass as earthquake is, I find myself or the mobs not standing still long enough (particularly on boss fights) where they can get the maximum damage from EQ. Wrath, on the other hand, allows you to remain mobile. Insanity is a sheer damage boost which is always lovely. In super "oh shit" moments or Belial Phase 2, pairing this with Ignore Pain can bring you from 1 HP to full in a few swings.

Passives:
    Relentless - I took this purely for the sub 20% damage is reduced by 50% part, not the fury part. 50% damage reduction of ALL KINDS is huge in hell. Yes, you have to be almost dead, but until you actually see this passive in action you won't appreciate it. It allows you to make a mistake, follow the treasure goblin, run blindly into a room, and have a chance at living at the end.

Nerves Of Steel - 100% of vit (which Barbs stack anyways) to Armor? Yes please. Usually it's an additional 1-2K armor (depending on how much vit items you have).

Superstition - Almost required since Barbs are probably one of the WORST classes when it comes to non-physical damage reduction. A flat out 20% damage reduction from all elemental damage, which stacks with any resistances you already have, makes this passive wonderful in hell!

This is all my opinion. I should note, I played normal to Act 1 Hell as two hander, Act 1 hell as sword and board, and finally got decent enough gear (and a badass 400dps twohander) to switch back to two hander.. and still live.

Skills and Runes
    Bash - Onslaught
    Seismic Slam - Shattered Ground
    Ground Stop - Wrenching Smash
    Earth Quake - Mountains Call
    War Cry - Impunity
    Call of the Ancients - Duty to the Clan

Inspiring Presence
    Pound of Flesh
    Boon of Bul-Kathos

40k health
    Dodge 12.8%
    Damage Reduction: 65.72

Resistances
    Physical - 87
    Cold - 133
    Fire - 139
    Lightning - 290
    Poison - 222
    Arcane/Holy - 162

Just finished killing Maghda in Act2 Inferno

Edit: Ive used this same build for ALL of Hell/Inferno.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2012-05-26 at 10:56 PM.