Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I understand Wizards and Demon Hunters are in a much better spot than the other classes... but they also have to run very specific builds to be efficient in Inferno. Witch Doctors and Barbs need some heavy buffs. The support abilities a witch doctor brings have long cooldowns, and their pets are useless. All they have is mediocre damage.

35k hp, 28k dps (40k ish with full stacks) 400 all res and currently getting shit on by everything in act 3 inferno.
    Having to use Vision quest to do any meaningful DPS is no fun

The 8 second Butcher kill is something that can be done with a Barbarion. I've stacked 2hand barbarion that with wrath of the berserker has over 100k damage, capable of killing the butcher in around 10 seconds or less (depending on the gear, I used a 997dps skorn).... But that playstyle is useless in normal play (atleast with my gear) as it is way too easy to die and you will just be dead all the time. Its easy to avoid damage with the butcher, he's not really very dangerous, so you can just glass cannon him, and it isnt just the witch doctor that can do that.

Chances are though, you just need better gear, a lot of people moaned about Inferno being impossible aside from bosses and now nerfed specs, but then the more insane gear started dropping and people started to get geared enough. Though with that said, the ammount of specs that can be genuinely succesful in inferno isnt great... Pretty sure all barbarions that go past act 1 are frenzy tanks.

I don't think its fun that if you want to do inferno you're restricted to needing both insanely good gear and certain types of spec.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-05-27 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been played my monk and wizard in normal during downtimes, and feel that compared to them the WD was a little more challenging. I know the game is build around gear, I feel like am consistantly balancing it. I dont mind a challenge, but wonder how much further will I go before I get too frustrated by a tightening requirement to play certain spells/abilities before I give up. I hope not, been a fun ride so far.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Yea being able to kill Butcher in 8 seconds is nothing to sneeze at. Just do 5 stack runs on him and sell gear till you can buy BiS.
    every class can do that with that level of gear and a zerg down build.

The biggest problem is the WD was labled as a pet class but their pets are essentially useless in Inferno, how ever they do have "gimmick" specs that work just fine utilizing vision quest and a high mana nuke zombie bears or bats usually.

15+ Year Old Account
    I simply refuse to play with the boring playstyle that is zombie bears. It feels counterintuitive having to basically run into melee and spam all cooldowns to do decent dps as a ranged class. The pets are beyond useless in inferno. Clearing through act 2 has been quite painful so far, some rares are completely overpowered because they move fast by nature, and for some reason everything completely ignores my templar and instead bashes my head in. I wonder if I should trade in hex army and big bad voodoo for horrify and mass confusion, but when I was using mass confusion it felt like it wasn't worth it, the confusion is way too short for a 1m cooldown.

I often get the feeling mobs run straight through my unbreakable grasp of the dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I often get the feeling mobs run straight through my unbreakable grasp of the dead...
    I'm still in Hell act 3 but I dropped it at the middle of act I, instead I run with a underlvl boot with 12% speed buff.
    Got tired of mobs skipping it or champions/elite jumping over, some are so fast that it doesnt even slow.

I just run around spamming haunt and locust.