Monk - Dual-Wield vs 2h?

So basically, I'm kinda confused as to whether I should be using 1h or 2h weapons.

The best 1h I've got are 550 damage and 512 damage, and they don't have any stats on them. Both are fist weapons. (except the 512 damage one, which has +15% attack speed)

The 2h I've got however, is 850 damage and has 125 dex and 144 vit.

With the 2h, I'm at 13.5k Damage. With the dual-wield, 8800 dps. I always hear everyone saying it's better to dual wield though...is it really worth losing almost 5k damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

With that big of a difference, it may be worth it to use the two hander. I'm not sure about everyone else, but the main reason I dual wield is for the extra 15% dodge from that passive who's name I can't remember. The dodge is awesome for survivability. The one time I tried using a two hander I was just getting lit up, switched back to dual wielding and was fine. I'd say try it out. If it works out well for you then keep rolling with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    So basically, I'm kinda confused as to whether I should be using 1h or 2h weapons.

The best 1h I've got are 550 damage and 512 damage, and they don't have any stats on them. Both are fist weapons. (except the 512 damage one, which has +15% attack speed)

The 2h I've got however, is 850 damage and has 125 dex and 144 vit.

With the 2h, I'm at 13.5k Damage. With the dual-wield, 8800 dps. I always hear everyone saying it's better to dual wield though...is it really worth losing almost 5k damage?
    If you DW, you attack 15% faster. The downside is that you only use each weapon half the time. Therefore, 2x550 damage weapons is still 550 damage. The only other upside is if you have huge +damage modifiers, as they will affect both weapon swings.

2H'ing will obviously mean you deal more damage. However, you're weapon swing will be significantly slower, and as such may affect your Spirit Gen. If you're running a build that has high Spirit usage, you'll probably find yourself starved. If you're not... go for it!

Personally, I prefer MH/Shield - You get the fast attack for spirit gen, the defence of the shield and a shitload of stats thrown into the mix. Win/Win as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: Oh yeah, as mentioned above, that 15% dodge for DW'ing comes in nice. Personally, I'd just pick another passive though. Sword and Board all the way imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space