Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats your favorite mob affix?

I know theres a LOT of hate for the different combination of abilities that rares get in Inferno, but I was wondering what is the 'single' mechanic that people enjoyed/was surprised by the most?

I really enjoy the arcane enchanted ones. It can be frustrating when combined with some other abilities but I think the mechanic itself is very fun to deal with. (barb btw )
    Watching the champion pack throw down 3-4 arcane sentries at once and trying to dodge them is fun for me haha

EDIT: Me and my friends laugh at each other whenever we get stuck in a corner and we see the arcane sentry drop right next to them >.< They weren't kidding about them wallers lol.
    On that note, wallers are awesome too
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2012-05-29 at 12:48 AM.

Illusionist is pretty cool, i do wish u could stay locked on your target after it's casted.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Illusionist is pretty cool, i do wish u could stay locked on your target after it's casted.
    Well as melee on easier difficulties I can keep my mouse held down and usually I keep 'target' on the original monster.
    On higher difficulties I tend to differentiate them by their health bars

Oh god illusionist on the smoldering constructs >.< (The bug like casters in act 2 zolton kulle stage, that shoot fire :O)

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane is fun if it's not matched with something that makes them unavoidable. Teleporters and fast are fun for me too because it's basically a useless aphix as I'm melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extra Health, Fire Chains, and Arcane Enchanted was one of the packs that I ran into earlier today on Hell difficulty. I think I died at least 5 times. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Arcane with a passion, but I've come around to your way of thinking OP, they are fun to dodge now. In fact I thought about it, and they are pretty much the only one together with Frozen that I don't just dislike or don't care about. Frozen is a bit the same as Arcane in that you have to dodge them, only less deadly in a direct kind of way.

Molten / plague & firechains on ranged mobs is great
    avanger is cool but never notice any hugh problem as most things 1-2 shot me (:
    Illusion is cool ability too, they die so fast so its like a massacer^^
    (and yes im in infernal act1)

Waller is probably my favorite affix. As a wizard it tends to make kiting much more interesting, and shooting the mobs much more difficult.

Mortar is my least favorite affix.
    Last edited by DarkSavior; 2012-05-29 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waller, jailer, vortex, extra health.

Free loot as a melee.

Health Link on mobs that bunch up is amazing. Go go AOE.

Favourite?

Waller.

A lot of the time it will work against the mobs rather than for them.

Missile Dampening is pretty funny as a Barb, get to see a nice train of spinning Sidearms heading towards every mob.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Waller for sure, Monk+walls FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Teleporters and fast are fun for me too because it's basically a useless aphix as I'm melee.
    Except when it's a kiter mob. Then it's easily my most hated affix.

I agree arcane can be super fun. It's like a mini game in itself trying to avoid them.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Arcane is fun if it's not matched with something that makes them unavoidable. Teleporters and fast are fun for me too because it's basically a useless aphix as I'm melee.
    Nah, those aren't completely useless against melee, when paired with other affixes or on certain mobs, like say, Hellhide Tremor!
    Oh, god. I hope I never get a rare/champion pack of Mallet Lords (that's the name, right?) with Fast, Waller, Jailer affixes. Please, no.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2012-05-29 at 01:26 AM.

The one where they slow down my elemental arrow so i can stack 10 of them on top of each other and then walk them into it. It's awesome.
    Yep. Players mad at us is a superior situation to players being mad at each other. -GC

10+ Year Old Account
    Linked health, them bros gonna die together.

Missile Dampening is the best ever. I've only seen it once though. I fired off all my hatred in Nether elemental arrows, they all clumped together and the mobs ran into them and insta-died. Was fantastic.

Linked-Health and Avenger also makes me happy.

As a barb I love illusionist. More bodies to charge/revenge heal off

Quote Originally Posted by Nengal View Post
    Missile Dampening is the best ever. I've only seen it once though. I fired off all my hatred in Nether elemental arrows, they all clumped together and the mobs ran into them and insta-died. Was fantastic.

Linked-Health and Avenger also makes me happy.
    Oh I totally forgot about missle dampening.
    I've seen it only 4 times I think.
    1 time in night mare, and then 3 times in inferno (yesterday and today). The spell effect is pretty cool in my opinion. (I believe wizards have the same skill?)