Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is, I'm excited, and I'm sure Trion will not disappoint, they haven't so far.

With everything Trion throws in to regularly patched updates, I think an expansion might disappoint players. New zones, raids, etc will be great, but with all the features players get for "free", an expansion will need to be mind-blowing to account for expectations.

I'll support Trion any way I can, they haven't steered me wrong yet, but some players expect WoW-level enhancements and alterations to be considered worthwhile. Trion implements those quality-of-life/new features regularly, without a new box to buy.

How do you think Trion will make the expansion worthwhile?

How do you think Trion will make the expansion worthwhile?
    PET BATTLES, planar zones ala EQ, guild castles and player housing would be biggies for me. New souls would be nice too.

Honestly, there are not many mechanical changes [balancing aside] or major features I desire from other games in Rift. I feel like Rift is pretty bang on what I want in an MMO for the most part. Apart from the big 3 [housing|pet battles|planar zones], I just want more of what Rift offers- discrete raids, dungeons in 3 modes, huge zone invasions, many progression models, complex class building, etc.

Things I think Rift can improve upon; much less grind, less restrictive wardrobe, more meaningful world events.

I am not interested in PVP. Those sort of features have no appeal or interest to me.

LFR, TOR's storytelling or GW2's questing model I think are ill fit for Rift. Can't really say Rift lacks much from another MMO I desire personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    PET BATTLES
    My respect meter just discovered negative numbers

man i wish i saw that vid. nice grab man. anything of importance in the vid other then the pic on the bottom you posted?
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by DDazzle View Post
    man i wish i saw that vid. nice grab man. anything of importance in the vid other then the pic on the bottom you posted?
    No idea. I grabbed the images from a thread on the Rift forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    My respect meter just discovered negative numbers
    Big Pokemon & minigame fan here.

FUIUD on Pokemon! Best games, ever.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PET BATTLES, planar zones ala EQ, guild castles and player housing would be biggies for me. New souls would be nice too.

Honestly, there are not many mechanical changes [balancing aside] or major features I desire from other games in Rift. I feel like Rift is pretty bang on what I want in an MMO for the most part. Apart from the big 3 [housing|pet battles|planar zones], I just want more of what Rift offers- discrete raids, dungeons in 3 modes, huge zone invasions, many progression models, complex class building, etc.

Things I think Rift can improve upon; much less grind, less restrictive wardrobe, more meaningful world events.

I am not interested in PVP. Those sort of features have no appeal or interest to me.

LFR, TOR's storytelling or GW2's questing model I think are ill fit for Rift. Can't really say Rift lacks much from another MMO I desire personally.

Can you explain this? I only see 2 in rift. Raids or pvp.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I'd love it if we go thru the Rifts in SL (or w/e the name ends up as) to kill Cruica.

I'd love it even more if, while we were gone in Alternate-Telara, Regulos decided to come to our Telara and f--- up our mans. We try to come back and we're locked out. Did we forget the keys? Nah, Regulos just fixed the Ward. He's now noming Guardians in Sanctum (which I would enjoy seeing).

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Can you explain this? I only see 2 in rift. Raids or pvp.
    Quests, instanced PVP, dungeons to level, open PVP, open world IS to gear, crafted gear, MMs to gear, 10 and 20 discrete raids and PA as well. That's a lot of progression models and ways to go about things.

Deleted
    This makes me want to sub Rift again and finish levelling. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quests, instanced PVP, dungeons to level, open PVP, open world IS to gear, crafted gear, MMs to gear, 10 and 20 discrete raids and PA as well. That's a lot of progression models and ways to go about things.
    How is this any different from any other MMO?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Do other MMOs do all this? Nope.

Do they? I resubbed to WOW recently and I wasn't able to level in many ways other than PVP, LFD and/or Quests. In TOR it is much the same way, sans LFD, with shared zone spaces for end of game progression. Tera had about the same leveling experience as those 2 but almost nothing at the end of game except a few linear models. RA only has questing to level, w/ no multi mode dungeons or raids only tiered progression. AOC and EQ have AA and discrete zones but not much else in the world. Etc, etc.

I get to do a lot in the world and instanced in Rift than in other MMOs... and I do it in greater variety w/o copy&paste Raid Easy/Normal/Nightmare/Superduperhard modes of the same zone disguised as robust content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they? I resubbed to WOW recently and I wasn't able to level in many ways other than PVP, LFD and/or Quests. In TOR it is much the same way, sans LFD, with shared zone spaces for end of game progression. Tera had about the same leveling experience as those 2 but almost nothing at the end of game except a few linear models. RA only has questing to level, w/ no multi mode dungeons or raids only tiered progression. AOC and EQ have AA and discrete zones but not much else in the world. Etc, etc.

I get to do a lot in the world and instanced in Rift than in other MMOs... and I do it in greater variety w/o copy&paste Raid Easy/Normal/Nightmare/Superduperhard modes of the same zone disguised as robust content.
    Ok I like rift too but no I don't see a difference here In rift my options to level are these.

Pvp
    quests
    dungeons
    Grinding mobs.

Am I missing anything? You don't get AI untill 45.

Wow has

Pvp.
    gathering professions. (does rift give exp from gathering? I really don't know))
    dungeons.
    quests.
    grinding mobs.

As far as progressing in rift.
    crafting/dungeons/quests will only progress you so far.... just like WoW To get the best you still need to do end game raids/pvp just like wow.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to say anything bad about rift. So can you tell me what I am missing?

Am I missing anything? You don't get AI untill 45.
    It's being extended to L10 next patch, there will also be mentoring. At endgame you have IA, Chronicles, Master Modes, seperate 10 and 20man instances, world PvP, and a world currency (ISS) to get gear without raids or dungeons. You also continue to advance your character through PA.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but will you not also be able to get PA experience from conquest without actually engaging in PvP? The impression I had was that crafting/gathering would be fairly important to your side winning.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to say anything bad about rift. So can you tell me what I am missing?
    The Rifts and invasions during leveling and the post 50 rift-based PVP, open world raid rifts. Also the end of game discrete zones for 10, 20 and 5 man progression tracts. IA, PA and Chronicles. Soon to add 3 faction PVP as I understand it [I'm not much of a PVPer] as well.

You can advance along all those tracts separately or combined in Rift w/o a lot of restriction; level and relative end point, as far I experienced.

No need to apologize, I take no offense. Games are not sacred cows. I certainly don't hold Rift as perfect or beyond criticism. Actually have a lot of criticism! XD

Its definite, and its been confirmed it was accidentally accessible on their youtube for a short period today. Some industrious players grabbed screenshots from the trailer. But its definitely called Storm Legion. And considering the trailer is up now, I'd be a large sum of money that it will be announced at E3.