Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I don't think it makes you a "fanboy." You just choose to read it that way. Blizzard went from offering nothing, to offering refunds and trials. That you interpret that as "smacking them right back" seems a little oblivious to me but, again, that's how you choose to see it.
    The terms could have been much, much worse for Blizzard's part. Though, this was hardly what I would call unreasonable terms for either party on this issue, so both of you are biased here.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-06-28 at 12:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    The terms could have been much, much worse for Blizzard's part. Though, this was hardly what I would call unreasonable terms for either party in this issue, so both of you are biased here.
    Oh I freely admit that I'm biased here. Not against Blizzard as "Blizzard" per se, but definitely anytime a company thinks they can ignore the law. Like when EA had that "typo" with Origin's EULA in Germany. The future is digital and that future is already here. As this makes consumers more vulnerable than ever, it is even more important that the few protections we do have are enforced.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Customers didn't ask for refunds after beating the game. They asked for refunds because they couldn't play the game. And Blizz is giving refunds to ppl who couldn't/didn't play the game. I don't see what more could ppl ask for. Blizz may be holding their ground, but it's ground nobody tries to claim. Not being able to get refund when you are unable to play was the issue Blizz refused to refund for and now after officials pressed them they do refund for it.

Don't mix tournament license and game license. Those are two separate things. Blizz could stop giving tournament license for sc, take huge backslash from community, but they can't stop sc2 servers or d3 servers. Without giving refunds that would qualify as scam. Dunno if scamming ppl is illegal in USA or not, but it is illegal in Korea and they would ask USA to allow them to prosecute Blizz or they could go through some international law system.
    Once again, you dont seem to grasp how it works. Blizzard can legally shut down its NK head quarters. Period. Blizzard can refuse to re sign the licensing agreement charter with NK. Period. None of which are Illegal. All of which will shut down blizzard operations in NK. This would force people in NK to connect to American or Chinese servers. Blizzard has the legal right to not support NK..... not sure why thats so hard for you to understand. They have committed no fraud, therefore US courts will not hear a QQ case about servers being down for a couple of weeks. . . PERIOD. . that is NOT fraud in any perversion of the definition.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Once again, you dont seem to grasp how it works. Blizzard can legally shut down its NK head quarters. Period. Blizzard can refuse to re sign the licensing agreement charter with NK. Period. None of which are Illegal. All of which will shut down blizzard operations in NK. This would force people in NK to connect to American or Chinese servers. Blizzard has the legal right to not support NK..... not sure why thats so hard for you to understand. They have committed no fraud, therefore US courts will not hear a QQ case about servers being down for a couple of weeks. . . PERIOD. . that is NOT fraud in any perversion of the definition.
    Just to clear up. We are talking about SK or South Korea. Not NK or North Korea.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Just to clear up. We are talking about SK or South Korea. Not NK or North Korea.
    Yes, South Korea. typo is typo. I dont think the supreme leader wants to give his subjects high speed internet just yet.

Deleted
    I don't think they should refund SHIT. Since the people have decided to RAID(lol) the offices (illegal?) It's an online game (AS STATED ON THE BOX), people are going to have troubles for a few weeks.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, South Korea. typo is typo. I dont think the supreme leader wants to give his subjects high speed internet just yet.
    I figured it was a typo. Just making sure other people realized this also.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

So your idea of punishment for south korea is to close south korean servers forcing them to connect to chinese servers which are like 500 km further away. Oh the horror. Players in korea would have 5ms higher latency. Are there even different servers for different parts of asia I don't know ...

tl;dr There is nothing to grasp I am afraid.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

If you purchased a game that's played while being connected via the internet, your brain has to know based off simple knowledge that it may not be available at every waking second of your existence. That's just the way the world turns. Doesn't matter if your Korean or American. I GUARANTEE you most of the customers that demanded refunds were over level 40(Considering that takes probably 20 hours meaning most Koreans hit that the first day). And no thats not a stereotype it's fact. So why are we still discussing this topic?

You're rights weren't broken.
    You're simply whining to try to involve yourself in a situation that goes way over your head due to your other frustrations with D3.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    Well first of all, one would wonder if you have any links to support your "its a fact." Second, "Blizzard had said it wouldn’t provide any compensation to gamers but Korea’s consumer protection law guarantees a refund if there is a problem with a product that is not caused by the consumer." So when Blizzard denied refunds requested by players who couldn't use the product through no fault of their own, somebody's rights were actually broken.

Whether you choose to accept that or not is moot since Blizzard is now offering refunds and trials.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    If you purchased a game that's played while being connected via the internet, your brain has to know based off simple knowledge that it may not be available at every waking second of your existence. That's just the way the world turns. Doesn't matter if your Korean or American. I GUARANTEE you most of the customers that demanded refunds were over level 40(Considering that takes probably 20 hours meaning most Koreans hit that the first day). And no thats not a stereotype it's fact. So why are we still discussing this topic?

You're simply whining to try to involve yourself in a situation that goes way over your head due to your other frustrations with D3.
    And when you can't connect for 2 weeks, it's still whining to want a refund right? They asked for refunds at the time they couldn't connect. Blizzard said no.

No, that isn't a fact. That is being racist. Show me the proof.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-06-27 at 06:30 PM.

I'm sorry but this research has been done before and I'm FAR from racist but statistics do not lie. Professional Korean's play on average from 10-12 hours a day. Who do you think were the ones bitching to the government? The general population, your lieing to yourself if think thats true.

Here's an article discussing the "Obsession" that is video gaming in South Korea.

http://voices.yahoo.com/video-gaming...n-1888526.html

Here's Wikipedia detailing that as many as 11% of SK's population may become "Addicted to Games" 8+ Hours a day.
    In 2007, Michael Cai, director of broadband and gaming for Parks Associates (a media/technology research and analysis company), said that "Video game addiction is a particularly severe problem in Asian countries such as China and Korea."[25] Results of a 2006 survey suggested that 2.4% of South Koreans aged 9 to 39 suffer from game addiction, with another 10.2% at risk of addiction.

I can continue on about how half of the Starcraft purchases around the world were from South Korea.

It's not racist it's fact, the population in South Korea plays video games....ALOT. These articles may not reference D3 exactly but a very big population of gamers play multiple games, so you guess who's the one complaining to the government. Try some research before you speak out of line next time and start calling people racists.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.