Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    Activision like to present themselves as untouchable, though they have been pushing both their customers and many of their employees past the threshold of tolerance for years, now. Perhaps fate is on our side and the giant will finally be held fully accountable for their actions, which in many cases most definitely touch on morally grey territory and highlight the questionable business ethics enforced on smaller companies after takeovers.
    Heh, the funny thing is this has NOTHING to do with consumers and everything to do with how they handle their studios. If anything, the repercussions will hit consumers if they need to replenish the coffers. They'll rush out a few games and try to find additional ways of monetizing games without much effort on their part or concern for consumer well being or value. This is just a reminder for them to cover their tracks better and not get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Yes because clearly all other companies besides Blizzard dont care about money at all....
    Its pretty interesting that if they are so evil and only make such bad games (since they dont care about their games and only money) that they still manage to brake sale records....

Just stop it already with all this thinking that Blizzard is the only company that wants to earn money.... Its just getting silly!
    Who said they made bad games? They take an idea you love and twist it to hold your interest but still appeal to mouthbreathers. So what do you call that?
    Personally they're just the lesser of evils since not many companies make good games either.

"Record sales" only prove monetary success. Let's not pretend that everyone on this planet knows good taste from the bad shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...day-afternoon/

Seems Bobby didn't anticipate the former Activision employees having access to such high-powered attorneys, and the cost to the bottom line of AB should be near 4 Billion dollars, and when you add in how they stand to lose this new Korea consumer fraud case, Kotick might be on his way out, which would open up Blizzard to be something other than a bottom-feeding profit-driven soulless company.
    West/Zampella are asking for 2 billion, and if they settle they wont get that. The real question is where do the rights for 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare' end up.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...day-afternoon/

Seems Bobby didn't anticipate the former Activision employees having access to such high-powered attorneys, and the cost to the bottom line of AB should be near 4 Billion dollars, and when you add in how they stand to lose this new Korea consumer fraud case, Kotick might be on his way out, which would open up Blizzard to be something other than a bottom-feeding profit-driven soulless company.
    /facepalm. Seriously a lot of you need to go to a class or something and learn more about business and some real soulless people.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

It is interesting, I don't know if it is just me personally, me not handling that large amount of money, me not being in the CEOs shoes, or what! But whenever I see super greedy corporations I always think that "if I had that much success, or money I would be giving till it hurt!". However for those who say money corrupts maybe they are true, but when I see people such as Costco's former CEO Jim Sinegal, it gives me hope for those big faceless companies.

Going on topic it will not surprise me either way what the results are. Activision will simply scramble the troops if they lose any large amounts of money, or if not then it will just be another fart in the wind.

just a random way of looking at this.
    if activision has to pay the 2billion that means the release of Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3 didn't make them anything *cause in the first week it made 750million* so that would be a game release that didn't make them a thing *since they had to pay the 2 billion* so maybe they will learn from this.....
    just my 2cents and a random though that passed my mind.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

MW grossed over 1billion in 16 days, not counting DLC, later purchasers, or people who purchased the Elite service.

I would guess (and it is a guess) that Activision is over 2billion profit (not gross) on MW3 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    MW grossed over 1billion in 16 days, not counting DLC, later purchasers, or people who purchased the Elite service.

I would guess (and it is a guess) that Activision is over 2billion profit (not gross) on MW3 alone.
    and if they have to pay the 2 billion that means most if not all of the sales they got from MW3 they just lost. so maybe they will learn.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    and if they have to pay the 2 billion that means most if not all of the sales they got from MW3 they will have to pay back. so maybe they will learn.
    Except none of this is about MW3. It is about the way the employees were treated and unpayed royalties from MW2.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Except none of this is about MW3. It is about the way the employees were treated and unpayed royalties from MW2.
    you don't get what i mean and i edited what i said.

i am just saying that if they have to pay the 2 billion *NOW* to these guys then its like they didn't make anything or they made little off the release of MW3 *since that is there most current released game*
    it was just a random though i was not saying this is about MW3.

and maybe that lost in money will change them...but dought it.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Apparently it is news to some people that game companies sell games to make money.
    Blizzard got successful through caring about their customers. Then they stopped. Obviously that is going to upset people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    Blizzard got successful through caring about their customers. Then they stopped. Obviously that is going to upset people.
    Blizzard got successful by making successful games.

That hasn't changed.

What has changed is that they literally have millions more customers then they did in the past, and there are groups among them that are upset that they aren't specifically being catered to.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Because it's relevant and Kotick has some JUICY quotes in there... My personal favourite
    You can find very amusing things when you go quote mining and take things out of context.

Hell, you can get rich off of it too. Michael Moore did.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2012-06-01 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Blizzard got successful by making successful games.

That hasn't changed.

What has changed is that they literally have millions more customers then they did in the past, and there are groups among them that are upset that they aren't specifically being catered to.
    What's this? A logical thought?????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    tenzing21 if Kotick gets kicked out of Activision I will personally give you head.
    If Kotick leaves Activision I will only wonder what monster will replace him.