Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    She just became likeable . I seriously hope she will keep this badass attitude - Cant emphasize enough, how awesome this change of character is. Id rally behind her in a heartbeat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    I'm okay with her becoming hardened by this, but this shift is too far out of character. She's become a racist. It doesn't sound like a logical progression for Jaina.
    Hating the Orc's for burning down her home and killing her people and then being insulted by captain does not make her a racist. Humans like Varian were racist because they treated Thralls Horde like the Old Horde, the irony is that Varian's hatred of the Orcs now appears to be well founded.

I don't why people find it unfathomable that a woman who has lead refugees of Lordaeron to a new home (People who just want peace to escape conflict), made peace with the Orcs and then provided hospitality for Baine after the rebellion, would be slightly pissed when they then turn around and kill her people and burn down her home.

She's had a change of character because the Orcs have had one.

From what I've read The Focusing Iris can use the Ley Lines of Azeroth to gather energy. What if it can release the gathered energies into a huge Arcane Bomb anywhere on Azeroth? Garrosh thinks that it could use it to decimate The Alliance armies and cities. Could be a possibility. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Hating the Orc's for burning down her home and killing her people and then being insulted by captain does not make her a racist. Humans like Varian were racist because they treated Thralls Horde like the Old Horde, the irony is that Varian's hatred of the Orcs now appears to be well founded.

I don't why people find it unfathomable that a woman who has lead refugees of Lordaeron to a new home (People who just want peace to escape conflict), made peace with the Orcs and then provided hospitality for Baine after the rebellion, would be slightly pissed when they then turn around and kill her people and burn down her home.

She's had a change of character because the Orcs have had one.
    Exactly. Also her calling out that orc commander in the middle of a battle/skirmish doesn't make her racist. A Person spouting insults in battle is just, well venting.

Or do we have additional proof why she would be racist apart from a ferw audio snippets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, joy. They threw away twelve years of real-world development to continue shilling a faction war that should've ended after Hyjal. And rather than just have her commit to taking out Garrosh for the greater good, like Jaina would, they instead went to the extreme and made her just another boring, generic warmonger.

Time to find another favorite character, faith in both factions totally lost as the only characters left I give a crap about are Velen and Lor'themar, and they haven't done anything outside their short stories since BC and the Quel'Delar chain, respectively.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blowing the whistle only alerts them of my location!
    I've always looked at Jaina as WoW's version of Elminster; quiet, collected, doesn't care to be bothered unless someone needs their doody slapped around. But listening to that raised more questions than anything.

Not sure what to do with all this feel and her new attitude.

I'm really tired of this. Can we please have some character development that isn't a character from WCIII "going mad" or "being corrupted"? Please?

I mean god, you want me to pay $14.99 a month for something that's barely even fanfiction quality?

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind a hysterically hot Jaina tbh.

I'm pretty sure she'll need a more war-ready and sexy outfit too...

Deleted
    I like this.

I have a feeling that she's put up with enough of Garrosh for the sake of keeping peace between the Horde and Alliance that she was on the egde.

And with her home destroyed, she seems to have snapped and characters going crazy is always good fun!

Who knows, maybe she'll be back to her normal self eventually, especially with what Deathwing Jr was saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    She sounds allright to me, not too bat shit insane as I feared they would make her, just angry at Garrosh/Orcs who follow him/think like him and ready to kill those Orcs off in large numbers if she has too, FOR HER PEOPLE. Not out of some genocidal urge she now has.

You know it's really really funny the nerve of the Garrosh fangirls. They dare to justify Garrosh's actions saying that he wants the best of his people, that he tried to do peace but failed and all those poor excuses. On the other hand they dare to bash Varian or Jaina for trying to defend Azeroth from someone who is a guest.

I think playtime is over. The whole world will be outside of Orgrimmar by the end of MOP. You can either help us bring Garrosh down or you will have the same fate as him.

Seriously everybody did I miss something? Is there more to this then her soundfiles? Spouting insults and cursing in a battle is perfectly normal to me. We have a direction Jaina is taking but nothing more. Calling her a warmonger is a bit far fetched after that scarce evidence is it? I'm not saying it could not go that way, it certainly can but we are no way at batshit crazy Jaina, this is just really good voice acting.

Oh and Callei, on Topic Lor'themar and Velen, I vote in favor of more time in the spotlight for those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Oh, joy. They threw away twelve years of real-world development to continue shilling a faction war that should've ended after Hyjal. And rather than just have her commit to taking out Garrosh for the greater good, like Jaina would, they instead went to the extreme and made her just another boring, generic warmonger.

Time to find another favorite character, faith in both factions totally lost as the only characters left I give a crap about are Velen and Lor'themar, and they haven't done anything outside their short stories since BC and the Quel'Delar chain, respectively.
    Well to be honest when you see, time and again, over a long period, those same warmongering Horde forces threaten you, and then destroy your home you've loved and protected by letting loose some terrible beast on it, I can very much appreciate someone snapping and going on the offensive against ALL the forces lined up against her.

Deleted
    So much misinformation and not knowing the lore... I see people saying what did horde expect when they destroy her city? When in reality it is what does Jaina expect. Forces from both Northwatch and Theramore attacked the very heart of the horde. The orders came from Theramore. They raided and razed a peaceful tauren hunting village. Started to make a road from Theramore to allow easier way to move forces, supplies and warmachines. They started to build alliance settlements. This led to taurens building a great wall to protect them from alliance. If not for cataclysm and the ripping in half of the barrens alliance for sure would have already launched a big time attack to horde lands from Theramore. So what did they expect? Horde leaving them alone? You reap what you sow.
    To get more insight to the happenings I recommend reading this article: http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/04/24/kn...hern-barrens/3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Seriously everybody did I miss something? Is there more to this then her soundfiles? Spouting insults and cursing in a battle is perfectly normal to me. We have a direction Jaina is taking but nothing more. Calling her a warmonger is a bit far fetched after that scarce evidence is it? I'm not saying it could not go that way, it certainly can but we are no way at batshit crazy Jaina, this is just really good voice acting.

Oh and Callei, on Topic Lor'themar and Velen, I vote in favor of more time in the spotlight for those two.
    Her novel summary explicitly states she'll be going from a peacekeeper to a warmonger. That's all the evidence I need to know that isn't Jaina anymore, that's a Daelin doppelganger wearing her skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only good can come from this.

Would never happen but would love to see the horde broken after Garrosh falls. And establish a UN (sort of speak for the remaining races of Azeroth)
    Orcs shipped back to Nagrand where they belong, allowed to live in peace. Not given a seat in the UN.
    Tauren given Mulgore and the Barrens and allowed to live in peace, given a seat on the UN.
    Troll given their island and allowed to live in peace, given a seat on the UN.
    BEs given arcane addiction help and allowed to live peacfully in their lands, given a seat on the UN.
    Goblins allowed to keep Azshara, but have to decommision that reatarded cannon, given a seat on the UN.
    Forsaken exterminated like the abominations they are, should be.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I don't think she shares the same opinion of the entire horde as she does of the orcs who are directly laying seige to her neutral city. She has every right to be pissed and called them rabid whatevers, because that's what those who are attacking a NEUTRAL city are.

But yes, i will be bitterly disappointed if she ends up going all psycho bitch on everyone and her character totally changes. I hate the way she has held the alliance back, but the whole "lets just make her batshit crazy like we did with Sylvannas" being used, or in my opinion at least, being the likely path that she will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Her novel summary explicitly states she'll be going from a peacekeeper to a warmonger. That's all the evidence I need to know that isn't Jaina anymore, that's a Daelin doppelganger wearing her skin.
    That was the piece of evidence I was missing. Thanks a ton. Then I would be inclined to agree with you. they did the "snaps and gets angry" think way too often. I have the feeling it could really fit for Jaina depending on the Novel, but it is so overdone. Maybe they just want things to get really really really ugly? We will see.

Oh and Edit:

All I found on Amazon was this:

What does it take to turn the peacekeeper into a warmonger? Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War gives World of Warcraft fans the opportunity to see what happens when a beloved peacekeeper is pressed to the limit by an inconceivable horror. Will it change her forever? Break her? Or redefine her role on Azeroth? Do different times call for different ethical standards?
    I only see questions. Not a single answer. it only implies that Jaina's beliefs will be challenged. Results are still far out in the open imho.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-06-01 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    I would be quite ridiculous to have Jaina do a 180 degree flip and become a crazed warmonger. What I could see, and would actually like, is her being out for blood. Garrosh' blood. Her hatred would not be against the Horde as a whole, which would be odd anyway since she likes both Thrall and Baine, but against Garrosh (and maybe Sylvanas if she shows her face).

What could happen is that she resents Thrall and Baine for not stopping Garrosh and as such will no longer try to halt Varian's aggression against them but her own aggression would be solely towards Garrosh and his cronies. This would open up the option of her listening to Anduin and Sunwalker Dezco on Pandaria and actually working with the part of the Horde that thinks like Dezco to eventually bring Garrosh down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    I only see questions. Not a single answer. it only implies that Jaina's beliefs will be challenged. Results are still far out in the open imho.
    That first question implies with all the subtlety of a commuter train that Jaina's going to throw her ideals to the wind, in the name of lolwar in warcraft. They wouldn't ask that question if it wasn't going to happen, they would ask "What happens when the peacekeeper is pushed to her limits?"