Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    He didnt want to make macros. Thats why he asked for addons with similar functions.
    I know there I can make a macro where I would need to click a button while mouse-over the enemy
    He was talking about mouse-over macros, that's why I was suggesting focus macros. They're more time efficient than clicking in addition to freeing up your mouse for movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Make a macro for each of @arena123 respectively.
    This is one of the better ways to do it imo, depending on spell (don't go overboard on it). Though I would still suggest having a focus macro created for things such as RBGs.
    Last edited by crylo; 2012-06-04 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    If you're going to be snide, at least know what the highest rated teams are actually at.

IE: No one is past 2700 in the US.

Some people...
    I was referring to the players that have the skills to play at or around 3k rating. Thanks for trying to look clever and all that tho.
    Some people...

I was referring to the players that have the skills to play at or around 3k rating. Thanks for trying to look clever and all that tho.
    Some people...
    Yet they're at 2700. Why? Because 3K doesn't exist anymore after the MMR reset. So instead... they're playing at or around 2700, which is the highest right now.
    Last edited by crylo; 2012-06-04 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crylo View Post
    Yet they're at 2700. Why? Because 3K doesn't exist anymore after the MMR reset. So instead... they're playing at or around 2700, which is the highest right now.
    Still the same people. No?

Still the same people. No?
    I wasn't saying that -- I was saying that his point was that you aren't informed of something such as their ratings so you shouldn't be acting so snide.

And you're putting words into their mouths too, link a source of them saying that it's better to mouseover and then it'll be credible. Now, I'm not saying that's not what they would say, but I'm saying.. you should at least make sure that is first.
    Last edited by crylo; 2012-06-05 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crylo View Post
    I wasn't saying that -- I was saying that his point was that you aren't informed of something such as their ratings so you shouldn't be acting so snide.

And you're putting words into their mouths too, link a source of them saying that it's better to mouseover and then it'll be credible. Now, I'm not saying that's not what they would say, but I'm saying.. you should at least make sure that is first.
    Why do i need to link to something to prove my point whereas the person that disagreed with me doesnt? Who says he is right and im not?

Get a membership at skillcapped.com. Their warlocks will advice people to use mouseover fel flame to get rid of totems for example.
    Those warlocks are among the best ones in the world. Is that enough "proof" or do you still trust the rogue at 1600 rating saying that
    anything that has to do with mouseover is bad in arenas?

Im not being snide, im stating facts based on the experience of high rated players.

Anyways.. it obviously isnt getting through the walls of some people so ill just let it go.

Unsubscribing this thread so i wont have to see the rest of the circus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not being snide, im stating facts based on the experience of high rated players.
    You are copying and echoing what other people say without rationally thinking about it any further.
    Some of the people at skillcapped are hopeless, i've had the pleasure to witness that myself.

In short, you might want to form an opinion based on experience of your own rather than taking that of someone else.

@Gearshifter
    If you go into your gladius options, as others have said, you can do some of these options in there with the click macros. I would honestly try to get more used to using focus macros, or target arena macros. Since you have positional requirements that are different than ranged, I wouldn’t advise using Gladius for that. Also, if Gladius ever broke during a patch, you could be a huge disadvantage. While the idea sounds ok, if you can take the time to adjust, I would suggest using macros that target arena 1,2,3. It’s going to increase your reaction time, reduce any delay and overall feel more fluid.

Mousing over to do anything at all in pvp is BAD. Plain and simple. Use your mouse to move, not for anything else....

.... I always advice to the best posseble way. Mouseover to do anything does not belong in there.
    It's great to have an opinion and yes, on a rogue or melee mouseover macros are not that helpful. That being said, it is more helpful for some classes than others, specifically warlocks. Since you have so many binds anyway and have spammable CC. It is great for mouseover fear and banish.

... link a source of them saying that it's better to mouseover and then it'll be credible.
    There are several articles that show what macros players are using.

Roevs (highest: 2779 3v3, 2719 5v5)
    Filovirus (highest: 2905 2v2, 3096 3v3, 2887 5v5)

If running mouseover macros are so bad, you should login and argue your point to these two since they run mouseover macros for banish and fear. Those terrible sub 3100 players! If they arn't 3100 GTFO right???!!! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Still going?

I know those guys. Anyway, i went a bit far in my argument and mousing over CERTAIN things on specific classes may not all be that bad. But you should avoid it whereever you can. Since it can be very dangerous to leave your mouse from operating your movement in certain situations.

I wouldn't recommend any mouseovers for a rogue ever inside the arena battlefield. That is my main objection.

Why do i need to link to something to prove my point whereas the person that disagreed with me doesnt? Who says he is right and im not?

Get a membership at skillcapped.com. Their warlocks will advice people to use mouseover fel flame to get rid of totems for example.
    Those warlocks are among the best ones in the world. Is that enough "proof" or do you still trust the rogue at 1600 rating saying that
    anything that has to do with mouseover is bad in arenas?

Anyways.. it obviously isnt getting through the walls of some people so ill just let it go.

Unsubscribing this thread so i wont have to see the rest of the circus.
    Because he wasn't stating somebody else said it.. that's obviously his own opinion on it.

Either way, two different people at skillcapped (with the same class) who are 2700 could say two different things about the same thing: they're both opinion. It's not "fact" without any solid explanation as to why one or the other is better, it's a difference in play-style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Still going?

I know those guys. Anyway, i went a bit far in my argument and mousing over CERTAIN things on specific classes may not all be that bad. But you should avoid it whereever you can. Since it can be very dangerous to leave your mouse from operating your movement in certain situations.

I wouldn't recommend any mouseovers for a rogue ever inside the arena battlefield. That is my main objection.
    Thanks mate!