Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Random Battleground = Isle of Failquest?

I am seriously freaking tired of queuing into an isle of failquest every single random bg queue. I am seriously considering not queuing for random bgs anymore because i think the only viable bg there is for random queues is IOC. And the funny thing is, i attempted to queue on all of my lvl 85 toons (9 of them) and you will never guess..... 9/9 times i got into an isle of failquest, no such thing as wsg/ab/sota/glineas/twins i guess.

I CANNOT EXAGGERATE ANYMORE THAT ISLE OF FAILQUEST IS THE MOST BORING, HORRIFYING, WORST BATTLEGROUND EVER IMPLEMENTED and im not in a mood in typing up 2 pages of reasons why isle of failquest is the worst bg on the planet; all i can say is its a fps drop fest/run in and die/race to kill the opposite leader and mechanical machines should not belong in the pvp system.

(Reason why im making a post about this is because im super pissed and i just thought if any1 agreed that IOC fails)
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2012-06-04 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we trade lives then? I almost always get WSG, which I can't really play on my undergeared alts too well. I'd love to get Isle so I could get some easy honor, and still be able to decently contribute on my poor toons with 1700 resil. :/

Battleground blacklisting.. soon. :3
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    yea blacklist will fix that in MoP, i also thinkin directly to blacklist the 80man bg's asap since i clearly cant stand this dull runnin to base kill boss gg fest those 2 are
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Until it becomes a 15 man BG it will be permanently blacklisted for me. I see the potential, but 40 pugs zerging it is one of the most fail experiences in wow.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity OP, what do you do when you enter IoC and which side are you on?

Deleted
    I totally agree, Isle of Fail and AV is the worst battlegrounds in this game, rarely any fun PvP at all.

SOTA comes in a close second but id rather have SOTA than those two abominations cause i actually get to fight players too sometimes.

I dont get many Isles at 85, most of the games (thankfully) are either AB or WSG, sometimes AV and TP.

But ive leveled an alt thru PvP. About EVERY game i joined from around 70 to 85 is Isle. ISLE ISLE ISLE ISLE nothing else. Its starting to get into my nerves but what can i do, random is random. But they should decrease the players on those BGs so we can be saved from that abomination battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Just out of curiosity OP, what do you do when you enter IoC and which side are you on?
    First thing i do is flip off Isle of Failquest and 2nd, i right click my honor thingy on the mini map and leave the bg.... i have absolutely no patience to participate in a stupid worthless bg.

And im Alliance.

Deleted
    I don't mind the 40 man PvP bg's but ye... I just have fond memories of classic AV

Deleted
    I sometimes start to do different things at IoC and AV if I am bored, those are mostly scripted events these days.

Do something like ninjacapping Hangar (all people of there are at ship flying), going to your base and shoot tanks with turrets, or just capping/defending something you don't often do.

At AV I cap mines and start doing turn-in quests (sometimes) if it is boring or it gets turtling.

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    I don't mind the 40 man PvP bg's but ye... I just have fond memories of classic AV
    Honestly, i enjoyed av ever sense BC but for some odd reason. When cata hit, i started to hate the bg because people didn't even want to defend anymore, its just rush and kill other faction's boss PERIOD.

I wonder what will happen when every single person blacklists IoC. Infinite queue for IoC as specific bg?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    I wonder what will happen when every single person blacklists IoC. Infinite queue for IoC as specific bg?
    You propably get to wreck noobs who don't know how to blacklist

Whenever I queue for a random BG I also get IoC a lot. I get IoC so much that I don't even queue for a random BG anymore, I can't stand Isle of conquest it might as well be a raid.

Spot on there mate, I get AV alot but it's pretty much IOC every fucking time and I wouldn't mind if they had a bit more PVP to them but these two "bg's" are pretty much 99% PVE and it just bores the living hell out of proper PVP'ers, I wish you could blastlist two bg's you could avoid because I'm sure you can do that in SC2, also back in WC3 and in games like DOTA2 you can blacklist shit aswell and it's easy to say join a specific bg but you don't get the extra honor and shit for it plus if you like 4 bg's why just queue for 1?

Blizzard need to realise these 40 vs 40 scrub bg's are not PVP in the slightest and need to either remove them from the random bg queue, give us an option to blacklist them or better yet, delete them.

I've played almost 3000 BGs on my main and even though isle of conquest makes up a small percentage of the total played in there, it is my only BG with a negative win ratio. I definitely don't like playing in it (just for ref, I'm a battlemaster, arena master and 250k hk player).

The very very rare times I queue for a random BG on my main I always seem to get Gilneas so I feel your pain.... everytime I get it I cringe as the horde teams I always seem to get are completely rubbish and if I get that particular annoying BG it always ends up the same. We get flag closest to boat and hold it for a while then alliance comes and kicks our asses takes our flag then camps outside the boat respawn points farming HK's until the BG is over. Not fun at all... to this day i'm yet to score a win in Gilneas on my main... that said I hardly ever venture into random BG's

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    I even got a question:

With all the negative feedback SOTA got in WOTLK, why did Blizzard create yet another vehicle battleground?

I would be fine with Isle if it was like, real PvP, like, reinforcement battle.

Deleted
    Vehicles would be fun if they could be of another use as destroy gates.

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Vehicles would be fun if they could be of another use as destroy gates.
    Who here misses wintergrap!!! ^___^

I just queue for that, need only the veteran for the tabard (and it doesn't take that much since it's a 50/50 and doesn't take a lot due to boss rush).

When i get my tabard, cya crap bg.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.