Beginner PvP, class help

Hi all

Im a fairly old WoW player and have been playing since vanilla with a few on/off periods... I have recently decided to try out pvp, which is rather new to me, since I have been a pve player for my entire WoW life... So, now im having problems deciding which class to chose... I read ALOT of posts about pvp, and im aware that it all comes down to which class you prefer to play... So here goes...

I have decided that it should be eighter my undead priest or my tauren paladin, both of them would be as a healer, since I just love healing and always have... No reason to change what is already working well... Here is where you guys come into the picture!

Which of these two classes would you consider being the most beginner friendly for a new pvp'er? Im not asking for which class is the most OP or anything like that, just your humble/honest opinion on which one I would stand the best chances... Obviously im gonna be doing alot of bg's before even considering doing anything arena related, so keep that in mind

Thanks alot for all your time and for all your help...

Regards, Christine

Deleted
    Holy paladin.

In all honesty they are both hard to play at a high standard, as any class is but holy paladins have less things to do. Their CC is easier to land, whereas a priest needs to find a cluster moment to utilize howl effectively. Healing is a bit simpler and a lot of instants meaning you have to juke less interuppts. You have more panic buttons such as bubble, HoP and all your healing cds. Don't get me wrong priests are good but they require a lot more skill at a basic level to suceed in my opinion you need to mana burn, help dps, lifegrip etc.

Go with Hpala until you get a good grip on PvP, watch other classes and think about what you would like or could do. Then make up your mind

I love my holy paladin. It's the class is started with, and I've tried shaman, rouge, and dk, but nothing comes close.

It all comes down to which class you know the best, and which you will have the most fun with. I know my hpaly so closely that i could probably see into its code the way Neo sees into the matrix. I know all the tips and tricks. I take on all the experiences and tiny flicks of knowledge i have learned in pve, and use it to my advantage in pvp. This is what makes a Holy Paladin fun for me. So just play a class. You have to learn how to play them in a pvp situation, and its totally different. Your playstyle may more favor a preist than a pally. Hell, it may even be a shaman.And heed @Destron. He knows what he's talking about.

Also, you are going to lose your first arena match, guarenteed.

HAave a nice pvp life!

pm me!

If you simply want to jump into PvP and not be completely frustrated, I would suggest the holy paladin over a disc priest. They can tank way more damage than a disc priest can, and have strong instant cast heals.

If you're fairly new to PvP, playing a disc priest would be somewhat frustrating IMO. They don't have many escape mechanisms and have to hard cast heals more than most other classes (prone to interupts). If melee decide to sit on you, you'll probably die pretty fast. Only way I would suggest a disc priest to a beginner is if you had friends that will queue up with you. If you have people that can defend and peel for you, then disc priests start to shine and feel fun.

TLDR: Solo queueing = holy paladin
    Friends queueing = disc priest if you're more interested in that class

Deleted
    Disc priest is the better healer but holy paladin is the most user friendly. That said, both take a large amount of skill to master so please refrain from all your "OMG HOLYDIN IS HARDER PLS!" etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play whatever you like the most in PVE.

If you end up not enjoying healing in pvp, then play a warrior. Its easy, fun and painful at the same time.