Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    TLOU is nothing like Godfather, or Hitman... Fallout is post-apocalyptic, but isn't nearly as atmospheric (and this is coming from a huge fan of that franchise). Although, I can see the similarities with Tomb Raider and FarCry.
    Eh, he's not a fan of games like them, so they just blend together. Either way, he doesn't understand the hype for it. The overgrowth on the ruined city looks pretty cool, but all the gameplay they showed was some sneaking guy killing four thugs with Ellen Page for a sidekick.

The Last of Us looks very promising.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Eh, he's not a fan of games like them, so they just blend together. Either way, he doesn't understand the hype for it. The overgrowth on the ruined city looks pretty cool, but all the gameplay they showed was some sneaking guy killing four thugs with Ellen Page for a sidekick.
    I'll admit that the gameplay that they showed for it was pretty underwhelming, and I don't think that they've done a very good job at marketing this game so far, but I still have high hopes for it based on stuff that I've read and just the fact that I love survival games so much. Not hyping myself too much for it, but I can't help but be excited.

(PS: I hope that I can kill Ellen Page so that she doesn't fuck everything up, but I probably can't >_>)

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    The sad truth comes from the fact the majority of gamers don't cry out for innovation in gameplay to existing games, black ops 2 will sell 25 million copies at some point like the first, because it's the same game with a new skin. The same reason GOW is favoured, they know what they're getting but in a whole new package. Same goes for most game series, those that step outside the comfort zone don't sell.

Here's hoping the week brings better news.
    let's hope, but with the fanboy nature of a lot of gamers i don't see them even giving new tech and gameplay mechanics a chance. Even if the Wii U gets amazing games that fully use the new controller the fans of other consoles want buy it just to watch it die out so their precious console can "win".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, quick question. Spike didn't really show anything of the actual Sony conference, but the one game I was hoping light would be shed on seemed to not even be mentioned. For people with G4, was there any mention being made about Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? Was one of my most anticipated games that I was hoping to get some spotlight, but meh. I haven't found out anything about it since it's reveal :/
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. Spike didn't really show anything of the actual Sony conference, but the one game I was hoping light would be shed on seemed to not even be mentioned. For people with G4, was there any mention being made about Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? Was one of my most anticipated games that I was hoping to get some spotlight, but meh. I haven't found out anything about it since it's reveal :/
    Nope

10char

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'll admit that the gameplay that they showed for it was pretty underwhelming, and I don't think that they've done a very good job at marketing this game so far, but I still have high hopes for it based on stuff that I've read and just the fact that I love survival games so much. Not hyping myself too much for it, but I can't help but be excited.

(PS: I hope that I can kill Ellen Page so that she doesn't fuck everything up, but I probably can't >_>)
    Yea, that's a problem with most of the games they've showed so far. Everything is a cinematic trailer that doesn't show gameplay(like most of Beyond was just sitting around for a few minutes then suddenly Michael Bay explosions), or they are really flashy and try to appeal with fanservice(like breasts and blood).

Assassin's Creed looked okay, but the AI. Ohgod, the AI. They stood around doing nothing while Indian Ezio killed them all. Then when Sony did the second video it didn't even have the main character in the latter half of the preview. That ship battle didn't show much. And with Far Cry, so much naked woman in the beginning. When Sony did theirs on it, the players were all panicking and giving commands and stuff, but the enemies were either two people or weren't attacking while the players just stood in place shooting. Then they killed those poor tigers ;_;
    That one hacking game too(for whichever company showed it). It had a neat idea, but all he did was walk around until the end when he shot at people from behind a traffic accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony has the best movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    When I first saw the last of us in the conference I got kinda hyped. Then I come in here and learned its gonna have zombies and my hyped popped like a balloon./sigh
    Have you seen the E3 gameplay footage, by chance? That and the second trailer showcase only human enemies. They aren't really traditional zombies anyway, but if you were concerned about it being another RE game (where all you fight is zombies/mutations) then this will be very different. I wouldn't call it survival horror so much as just plain out survival. The highlights of the game we've seen so far have been survival and scavenging.

I know I'm a Sony fanboy but even I found the conference underwhelming. I was hoping for some more details about PS+ for Vita, more games for Vita, and far too much time was spent on Wonderbook. The Last of Us looks incredible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by procyan View Post
    I know I'm a Sony fanboy but even I found the conference underwhelming. I was hoping for some more details about PS+ for Vita, more games for Vita, and far too much time was spent on Wonderbook. The Last of Us looks incredible, though.
    Dropping the price would do amazing for them, I don't know why they just decided to not do anything with Vita. Besides, oh.. a White Vita, woo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    E3 is an industry event. It's not exclusively for the fans.
    Used to be both, actually. So it shouldn't be a surprise that it seems like that to some and if it wasn't in part for the fans, then who would buy their offerings each year? The fans are what make the industry.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Yea, that's a problem with most of the games they've showed so far. Everything is a cinematic trailer that doesn't show gameplay(like most of Beyond was just sitting around for a few minutes then suddenly Michael Bay explosions), or they are really flashy and try to appeal with fanservice(like breasts and blood).
    Yes, most definitely. This is one thing that I have always hated about conferences like this, because this definitely isn't the first time it's happened. I just want to see people play games so I can decide if I want to play them. I don't want to see the cinematics. :P I can look at those later.

Also, I kind of laughed at the Far Cry showing. They were making it so dramatic when the fights were really simple. The awkwardness was very strong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Dropping the price would do amazing for them, I don't know why they just decided to not do anything with Vita. Besides, oh.. a White Vita, woo?
    I agree with this. I haven't bought a handheld in ages just because it doesn't feel worth the price. I'm probably going to grab a 3DS just because of all the great titles coming out for it, but what reason do I have to buy a Vita when it's so expensive but has no games? I love Sony, but wtf are they doing? Haha.

Also, I kind of laughed at the Far Cry showing. They were making it so dramatic when the fights were really simple. The awkwardness was very strong there.
    Best way to grab gamer's attention, start with tits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite what most people seem to think about PlayStation All-Stars I think it looks awsome and is really the only first-partyish game I have been/am looking forward to for PS3. Glad to see more characters added. I didnt see any of the new vids for it, but is it just a normal Big Daddy from BioShock that is a new character or Subject Delta from 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was so underwhelmed By both Sony and Microsoft this year. I hate to say it, but Nintendo is in the position to steal the show tomorrow if the Wii U ends up blowing our socks off some how. We'll see. It happened before with the announcement of the Wii, it could happen again. Nintendo did say they were going after more mature titles with the Wii U this time around. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Despite what most people seem to think about PlayStation All-Stars I think it looks awsome and is really the only first-partyish game I have been/am looking forward to for PS3. Glad to see more characters added. I didnt see any of the new vids for it, but is it just a normal Big Daddy from BioShock that is a new character or Subject Delta from 2?
    I don't know how I feel about All-Stars. I love SSB type games, but it just felt strange watching it. I was confused about how you could determine how much health your opponents had, since the bar at the bottom was for the special attack meter, and I was also trying to figure out if there was any kind of kill/death count somewhere to see who was in the lead. At least in SSB you can see who's winning, but for this game you had to wait until the end to see, which I guess is kind of neat if you want a surprise, but it just felt... unfinished. Cool concept, because that style of game is very fun, but I feel like the execution is off. It needs work before it gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    I was so underwhelmed By both Sony and Microsoft this year. I hate to say it, but Nintendo is in the position to steal the show tomorrow if the Wii U ends up blowing our socks off some how. We'll see. It happened before with the announcement of the Wii, it could happen again. Nintendo did say they were going after more mature titles with the Wii U this time around. Let's see.
    I felt bad for Microsoft, and I'm happy that I sold my 360. I'm quite happy with the games that Sony has coming out, but it was boring to watch just because they didn't show much, really. I don't plan on buying a Wii U because I don't play consoles enough to warrant buying a new one when I am currently saving up for a desktop, but I am really looking forward to seeing what Nintendo has to show us. I haven't been keeping up with them lately.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-06-05 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    more of the same, nothing special really. Watch Dogs still winning.
    lol. just lol

5min of walking around and talking, nothing new there.

guy controls traffic lights and causes car accidents. pretty nifty tbh

guy engages in generic shooting, nothing new there.

player assumes control of another character. pretty cool i guess, perhaps coop?

I love how I was reading chat comments (in the stream) about how this game is SO DAMN GOOD, OMG THIS IS GONNA BE BETTER THAN GTAV...seriously?! you saw 1-2min of O.K. gameplay.

i guess after seeing mediocore games presented before, watch dogs looked amazing in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacho View Post
    Maybe there will be Half life Ep 3 D; I really want that game
    who doesn't lol. sadly, valve will not be announcing any new games @ E3

:[

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    i guess after seeing mediocore games presented before, watch dogs looked amazing in comparison
    I would've liked to see more of the actual gameplay. I think what has people so excited is the actual concept of the game and the gameplay aspects. If they do it well, it could potentially be a really great game, so I think that's what the hype is all about. I myself and looking forward to seeing more of it just because the idea is so neat. Right now I'm keeping my expectations reasonable, but I really hope that they pull it off.

I would've liked to see more of the actual gameplay. I think what has people so excited is the actual concept of the game and the gameplay aspects. If they do it well, it could potentially be a really great game, so I think that's what the hype is all about. I myself and looking forward to seeing more of it just because the idea is so neat. Right now I'm keeping my expectations reasonable, but I really hope that they pull it off.
    very true. not enough gameplay was shown at all to jump to conclusions like most people are.