Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Number 2 describes me perfectly. Except the 5 year old and 8 year old kids part, they're not that old yet =p. I've bought every console I can get my hands on but I only play for a few hours a week. Hell, a few weeks ago I just found my second black Wii that I forgot I bought. Still love gaming, but they just don't seem as magical as they used to anymore when I was still a kid.

Deleted
    3 quite much.. Altho not as extreme, in any kind of way lol. Number 3 but more shy about it Dont approach random people etc.

All these choices are hyper specific. Terrible.

Generally, I regard video games as a medium capable of being taken as seriously as film or music. Though the medium right now is in the infantile stages of artistic development.

I am not ashamed to speak on a well designed video game. I have never had the desire to go to a gaming LAN or buy a Mario Bros. t-shirt, however.

OP's choices seem like personal fantasy, to be honest.

Deleted
    1 and 4.

I play for myself and with myself (Oh, so wrong), but I can stop playing for months at any given time. Either because there isn't anything worth playing (Hello, waiting for Tomb Raider, Mirror's Edge 2, Bioshock Infinite and Dishonored... in other words: Not currently gaming!) or being too occupied to be playing (Bicycling season is here, hence I'm currently not playing). I do exclusively play on the Xbox 360. (With exception of my on and off Warcraft subscription.)

Type one, not ashamed of gaming, just don't advertise it.

Although i don't tell them i used to be sponsored to play CS 1.5 and CS 1.6 back in the day lol!

Type 1, except minus the "not proud of it" part.

15+ Year Old Account
    3 in a way, but not as extreme as you describe. Gaming isn't my identity as a whole, it's just what I do for fun. I also do other things for fun. Pickling my liver for example.

am I proud to be a gamer? yes. would I change my gaming lifestyle in the event of a family? probably not. I dont want kids anyways so..

IDK. I'm pretty committed to the lifestyle, but there is a lot more to me than just games.

Closest to 1 though I'm very open/vocal about my gaming habits.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Gamer 5) An eve player
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

I think of myself as a fragment of #3. I'm a gamer and people know it, I'm not afraid to let people know I play games that would make me appear like a geek (WoW, SC2, Minecraft, etc). I do attend LAN parties when I can but don't necessarily go to midnight releases and such. Unless of course it's something like a WoW expansion.