Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    Do i have to start list up the reason?

1: I transfered to this realm because blizzard gave my old realm a free transfer to this particular realm
    2: I have my guild on this realm, who i raid with.
    3: i have my ingame friends on this realm.
    4: transfering my whole guild, with all characters would cost thousands of dollars.

Need more?

Unless blizzard somehow gave out free,unlimited transfers to pve realms, your argument is extremely invalid.
    Those are all choices you made.

Expectations change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    It's changes like that which make me glad I play on a PVE server. Then again it would be kind of hilarious to see someone get dismounted by an enemy player only to have the person who dismounted them ripped to pieces... That i'd love to see! It would also be REALLY damn annoying if someone could dismount you off your flying mount and cause you to die from falling damage
    You probably won't be able to dismount from that far away, and for you to be in range of the dismount you would either be fleeing from a pvp encounter or taunting a person by fling over them, both kill the spirit of pvp and thus a dismount item makes sense

Deleted

1: I transfered to this realm because blizzard gave my old realm a free transfer to this particular realm
    4: transfering my whole guild, with all characters would cost thousands of dollars.

Need more?

Unless blizzard somehow gave out free,unlimited transfers to pve realms, your argument is extremely invalid.
    I see 2 solutions for you:
    1) Stay in Stormwind/Orgrimmar if you're afraid to get killed
    2) Take your friends and guild who you raid with out in the open and make them help you, simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by strangebreed View Post
    nooooooo, i shall be ganked more often . really wish my home realm wasn't a pvp one lol, but its my home .

and ya not being able to turn in a quest because some asshat feels like camping the spot.... thats called being a asshat not a pvper.
    No, its pvp.

Need more?

So because you are in the wrong place, you should have priority over those who are in the right place. Oh perish the thought that blizzard would cater to PVP-ers on a PVP realm, damn me and my invalid arguments!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In other words, you like being an annoying jerk?
    Someone doesn't like my play style they must be a jerk? Sorry but on a pvp realm you all agree to this, and its all part of the game. End of Story.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I'm on the fence about the whole dismount flying people thing right now. It may come in handy and may be fun but, on a server with huge faction imbalance, you can't even sit in the sky and be safe until the jerks leave the quest hub now?..
    Fly out of range, chances are if you can't get hit by a range spell you can't get hit with this either, and you probably won't be able to use it while moving so the other person must be grounded (or at least thats how it SHOULD work)

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The issue appears to be with the "Anything Goes" philosophy some PvPers have. People are on PvP realms for many reasons....not all of which have to do with PvP. Their friends or guilds may be there for example. More commonly, people may like PvP but at the same time may loathe the idea of corpse camping, ganking, many-on-ones, killing the questgivers/flightmasters and other such behavior. For them, the limited PvP of the past six years or so has been very acceptable while wholesale ganking has not. Is their right to the level and style of PvP they've lived through for six years any weaker than those who hearken back to the glory days of Vanilla.

EJL
    Your lack of personal responsibility for your decision making is sad. There are problems if you do not enjoy PvP but are on a PvP server, but that doesn't mean that the realm should not be PvP, it means you need to accept the consequences of your decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The issue appears to be with the "Anything Goes" philosophy some PvPers have. People are on PvP realms for many reasons....not all of which have to do with PvP. Their friends or guilds may be there for example. More commonly, people may like PvP but at the same time may loathe the idea of corpse camping, ganking, many-on-ones, killing the questgivers/flightmasters and other such behavior. For them, the limited PvP of the past six years or so has been very acceptable while wholesale ganking has not. Is their right to the level and style of PvP they've lived through for six years any weaker than those who hearken back to the glory days of Vanilla.
    EJL
    Yes, people are on PvP servers for a lot of reasons other than PvP, but that doesn't mean that you should take away the "PvP aspects" of the server simply because it's not what you like. You pretend that you don't have a choice of server. "Oh no, my guild, friends, etc are here!" World PvP was supposed to be all the things you just listed. If they got used to servers being 90% Horde, 10% Alliance, blame that on Blizzard. I doubt it was their intention to make servers become this way, so no, I don't believe it's valid for people to cry about these changes.

If you want limited PvP, you roll on a PvE server. There's no use in having the different server types if they're all going to be the same.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

This is where i come and say: After 5 years of zero difference between pvp and pve servers, people have their guilds and relations on pvp servers who don't necessarily like pvp.
    This is where I come and say, sucks to be them, its about as valid as a pvp player rolling on a pve realm then crying about how little pvp there is.

Quote Originally Posted by doranians View Post
    No, its pvp.
    nop its just pathetic excuse for pvp to players that cant do a fair fight and have the need to battle undergeard or unwilling players for the sake of grief

you want real pvp go attack stormwind or do rated bg/arena

the only real world pvp is a willing group vs group those battles take hours and are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Ganking people isn't pvp. Go do an arena or bg.
    Arena and Bgs arnt pvp, go do world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    This will happen,

Mages, fly up to your height, dismount, slow fall, insant cast your arse, /farewell as your falling
    No it won't. Please read the announcement post.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea.

Expect lots of whining guys who just want to get some quest done and they can't. It could bring more ragequits than ever.
    So what, people whine over everything. If you base game design on that, nothing would ever get developed.

I just don't get why their "fun" have to involve people who clearly do not want to be involved? And as i said earlier, the difference between PvP and PvE realms for the last years have been so small that people have not even considered it when transferring to other realms, joined guilds and made friends.
    QQ moar, that is all. Sorry the rules of a pvp realm were plainly written and those people choose to ignore them then ask the entire pvp community change for their selfish actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea.

Expect lots of whining guys who just want to get some quest done and they can't. It could bring more ragequits than ever.
    I personally think it's a double edged sword. One one hand it's exactly what world PvP might means. On the other hand it might be what Coldkil fears. But I think it's time Blizzard got a little gutzy with this stuff and see what rocks the boat.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Expectations change.
    Isn't that the argument people made when a certain subsection of the commmunity asked for the ability to make other players experiences a living hell?

EJL

I like it, and i dislike it.
    In vanilla i used to live in stv and have wars with alliance, and im on the same server today only now its 97/3 horde/alliance around that, so wont affect me at all (even with the server cross) Since my server is already "full,locked".
    Anyway i would hate this, because if you try to lvl a low lvl char, and someone drags you of your mount and gank you time after time.. or my pooor pve paladin!
    But the positive part, drag my rogue of his mount and il be happy, i love when people try to kill me! And if they are more than 3+ players il simply spend 4hours hunting them down one by one and gank them (i have a problem, yes).

But anyway, this item will bring back vanilla (in a way). If someone drag my alt of and kill it more twice, i will logg my main and go rampage on them, then they will call their friends to come, then i will call my friends to come, then in the end there will be alot of people pvping like the old days, but then, flying mounts will destroy it, people can fly off anyway, druids, mages, priests etc will abuse it. Better to just (if you are in pvp combat, and for the next 5min you cant use flying mounts, if you die and ress it will become 5min again)
    And if you are a player who hate pvp, just die, log your alt/take a break etc
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account

Need more?

So you have friends and a guild on this PvP realm. You don't want to pay to transfer the guild and characters. You could either A) remake it all on a PvE server or B) accept that you chose to play on a PvP server, and not get upset about the PvP.

No need to dismount them if they made it like they did for one of the 5-man Cata bosses, I forget which, but you can fight him mounted, this way if some one mounts you too can mount and continue the fight.

Would make for some entertaining AV's that is for sure.

All the people for this are all either sadists or masochists. This isn't 'fun.' I played during the old times when druids could typhoon you off your mount and just shift into flightform to see you splat and laugh while you're at the vendor playing your repair bill. I do agree that PvP servers are quite dead at the moment, but there has to be some form of limitations to this. If not, you'll get a lot more griefing than you will get legitimate PvP.

I'm ready for the flames though, since there are so many douches on here that really like griefing and ganking people that have no desire to engage in PvP activity. I PvP a lot, and I do enjoy the occasional skirmish, but this is going to be more annoying than anything. I understand world PvP on PvP servers, but to be able to dismount players that have NO desire to screw you over, it hardly seems fun.

All you "TROLOLOL WERLD PVPZ IS TEH LEETZZORZ LETZ GET MOAR HERP DERP" people finally got the next best thing to removing flying mounts. This is better even since you can troll people to your hearts content as you watch them fall to their doom with your "Leet Skillz" that consist of you being a class that can avoid falling damage.