Any room for upgrades?

So I bought and built a computer who is now around 4 months old, here are the specs:

Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    Intel i5-2500k
    Antec 520M PSU
    Radeon HD 6870 1GB-GDRR5
    G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB)
    Seagate Barracuda 500GB (good enough, might get SSD also)
    Thermaletake Chaser MK-1 (BEAST btw)

Periphs:
    Asus 22"
    Razer DeathAdder + Razer Goliathus speed edition pad
    Microsoft keyboard (good enough for me, wouldn't upgrade till it breaks)
    SteelSeries Siberia v2

When it comes to my goal, I'm just looking to have not the most high-end computer, but strong enough to run nearly all the games on med-high settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could throw more RAM on it, depends on your needs.
    Throw in a Crucial M4 128GB SSD

(Personal prefference, change the mouse to a Logitech 500 series or MX518 =P)
    Get a proper pair of headphones

You didn't specify which games, it'll run most games on high-ultra settings.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    You could throw more RAM on it, depends on your needs.
    Throw in a Crucial M4 128GB SSD

(Personal prefference, change the mouse to a Logitech 500 series or MX518 =P)
    Get a proper pair of headphones

You didn't specify which games, it'll run most games on high-ultra settings.
    RAM past 8GB barely adds anything for someone who only plays games, it'd be a waste of money.
    Yeah I wrote down that I'm getting an SSD soon, and nah, DeathAdder forever
    And I did specify the headphones, it's SteelSeries Siberia v2

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why I said depends on your needs, I reach 6GB with about 20-25 tabs open, Binding of Isaac & Diablo 3 running

Yes, a proper pair of headphones (Siberia is a headset, very basic pair of headsets, if you can afford it get a proper pair of headphones/sets like a Sennheiser PC 360 or Audio Technica ATH-AD700/ATH-M50)
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Only thing I'd move on for that build would be the SSD, life with an SSD is great
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the SSD, the GPU is the only thing lagging behind. In terms of upgrading that would be the only logical choice but you would be looking at probably $250+.

I guess the question is what games you are playing and if you are struggling currently.

SSD will put your computer right where it should be. If i can suggest tho, i only have my OS installed on it, and also wow, d3, and google chrome. All other data is kept in my reg 500Gb hard drive. Or, if you have the money, there are towers with external SSD ports, so you can have 1 SSD running your OS, and another for data.