Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow priest destroyed in MOP ?

So what have MOP done to shadow priest well lets have a look at it.

Shadow Orb - Empowered shadow management:
    removed no longer have to keep track of this buff making sure that our dots is put up when this buff is active is no longer needed.

New Mastery:
    Gives you periodic Shadow damage spells ( % ) chance to deal damage twice, each time they deal damage.

My opinion on this:
    Makes the class less fun and challenging to play being able to handle this buff correct was rewarding making shadow priest more unique. The new mastery simplify shadow priest removing a huge skill factor thereby making the spec way less rewarding.

Dark Evangelism / Dark Archangel management:
    So Dark Archangel(2 min CD up from 1.5 min) is now optional and does not generate Dark Evangelism.

My opinion on this:
    Yet another skill factor removed no management required and most likely not a talent that will be picked only for occasional fights.

This two changes out of many that in my opinion destroys a lot of skill and challenge with the class.

PS: sorry for my grammar and spelling.

Post on official forum.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4551308916#1

Managing Shadow Orbs and Dark Evangelism doesn't require a lot of skill. The way you generate orbs and DE is just a side effect of dps'ing, since you generate both through Mind Flay (and SW: P ticks for orbs). They're mostly a minor annoyance because of the ramp up time and the occasional refresh of your dots, because you got unlucky with orb procs.

Quote Originally Posted by luml View Post

removed no longer have to keep track of this buff making sure that our dots is put up when this buff is active is no longer needed.

New Mastery:
    Gives you periodic Shadow damage spells ( % ) chance to deal damage twice, each time they deal damage.

My opinion on this:
    Makes the class less fun and challenging to play being able to handle this buff correct was rewarding making shadow priest more unique. The new mastery simplify shadow priest removing a huge skill factor thereby making the spec way less rewarding.

So Dark Archangel(2 min CD up from 1.5 min) is now optional and does not generate Dark Evangelism.

My opinion on this:
    Yet another skill factor removed no management required and most likely not a talent that will be picked only for occasional fights.

This two changes out of many that in my opinion destroys a lot of skill and challenge with the class.

Post on official forum.
    My question to you:
    Have you actually played shadowpriest on the current beta realm?

I think the current state feels pretty good. We've got a LOT of awesome changes and im would be satisfied when it goes live in this state.
    Some minor tweaks like dispel protection are needed but MoP is not being released next week isn't it?

The ramp up things from cata felt bad in pvp. I really didn't like it.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    I'm with Theed, Shadow is feeling great right now in the beta. It's certainly not dull to play, even if we've a couple less things to worry about during combat, we gain a few too. I certainly won't miss the randomness of Cataclysm Orbs that's for sure, and Dark Evangelism is pretty much a passive mechanic beyond the first 5 seconds of combat in most cases. Losing a DPS cooldown might take away an interesting little bit of metagame in cooldown planning but I'm not sure any of this is worth getting as upset as you seem to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    My question to you:
    Have you actually played shadowpriest on the current beta realm?

I think the current state feels pretty good. We've got a LOT of awesome changes and im would be satisfied when it goes live in this state.
    Some minor tweaks like dispel protection are needed but MoP is not being released next week isn't it?

The ramp up things from cata felt bad in pvp. I really didn't like it.
    Been playing beta since week 1 iv been gladiator and i'v been 2450 rated 3v3 in cataclysm i'm high ranked on various of fights in Dragon soul/ Firelands.

i defendly understand from a pvp POV why you like this makes it easy to get dmg of and creates higher burst with the new DP and instant mindspike mindblast my question to you is do you as a pvp'er find the change to Psychic Horror " beside the 45 sec cd which was much needed " but the cost of 3 Shadow orbs with a base cd of mindblast on 8 sec - minus haste + Shadow word pain proc on reset cd and instant cast do you find this a good change ? 3 orbs that you could have used on a DP which currently for me crits up to 170k on apply + 6 sec dot.

also question do you pve? if so how well are you performing any top 20 ranks ? since my POV. this makes shadow priest alot less rewarding and alot less skill based more RNG favoring the less skilled player.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrich View Post
    I'm with Theed, Shadow is feeling great right now in the beta. It's certainly not dull to play, even if we've a couple less things to worry about during combat, we gain a few too. I certainly won't miss the randomness of Cataclysm Orbs that's for sure, and Dark Evangelism is pretty much a passive mechanic beyond the first 5 seconds of combat in most cases. Losing a DPS cooldown might take away an interesting little bit of metagame in cooldown planning but I'm not sure any of this is worth getting as upset as you seem to be.
    could you note what your progression and at what lvl you play Shadow Priest no offense but just curios to know if your playing at a casual or a high end lvl.

since as i mentioned i'm annoyed its going to be easy'r to play shadow priest.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 12:40 PM ----------

would be nice if we could get some players with a pve POV on this matter since as i'v said this changes are for the better in pvp no doubt all but the psychic horror 3 orb for 3 sec stun.

Pleas come with some pve pov on this matter instead of your pvp pov.

Infracted
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-06-06 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Im gona hate my sp in mop. Even our bonus set are totally out of synch of what blizz intends us to use...
    10% crit on MF, which is in contradiction to FDCL, because each MS you use, means less time to flay, and of course pet's cd no longer reduced by a MF tic crit...

Orb generation is gimped, it lacks control... VT dmg is garbage. I wouldn't be surprise to see sims where it is actually a dps loss... The worst part is definitely our mastery(just give us Shadow dmg omfg><) They manage to ruin SP by making it even more rng and copying talents/procs from the two worse spec of the current content, i name them ESham and Rets...(esham lavaburstproclol & mastery and a stupid combo point system with orbs,copy of a failed version...) A talent and a passive bonus that interact in the same way, which makes one useless(MB's cd reduced by haste & and a proc that resets the cd... GJ blizz) But nevermind the joke we are becoming, as long as we can go around being on a cloud or have ravens flying around us, or even make someone confess!
    Probably will switch to my lock or moonkin... But i won't play this disgrace they are calling SP,
    Last edited by mmocfc3a103b64; 2012-06-06 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't your title backwards?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Been playing beta since week 1 iv been gladiator and i'v been 2450 rated 3v3 in cataclysm i'm high ranked on various of fights in Dragon soul/ Firelands.

i defendly understand from a pvp POV why you like this makes it easy to get dmg of and creates higher burst with the new DP and instant mindspike mindblast my question to you is do you as a pvp'er find the change to Psychic Horror " beside the 45 sec cd which was much needed " but the cost of 3 Shadow orbs with a base cd of mindblast on 8 sec - minus haste + Shadow word pain proc on reset cd and instant cast do you find this a good change ? 3 orbs that you could have used on a DP which currently for me crits up to 170k on apply + 6 sec dot.

also question do you pve? if so how well are you performing any top 20 ranks ? since my POV. this makes shadow priest alot less rewarding and alot less skill based more RNG favoring the less skilled player.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 12:35 PM ----------

could you note what your progression and at what lvl you play Shadow Priest no offense but just curios to know if your playing at a casual or a high end lvl.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 12:40 PM ----------

would be nice if we could get some players with a pve POV on this matter since as i'v said this changes are for the better in pvp no doubt all but the psychic horror 3 orb for 3 sec stun.

Pleas come with some pve pov on this matter instead of your pvp pov.
    I love the way you hide your elitist and rather pathetic insults in questions, rather than rude comments.
    Dosn't change the fact that what you just posted was one rude as hell post, making yourself look like an ass though.

You believe you need to be top 20 to do pve at a high level? really?? come on dude get real.

You believe pve is harder than pvp? rofl dude seriously......

I'm going to sig your wallofpuke for the laughing value for everyone to see
    Last edited by Fiftyonred; 2012-06-06 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    I love the way you hide your elitist and rather pathetic insults in questions, rather than rude comments.
    Dosn't change the fact that what you just posted was one rude as hell post, making yourself look like an ass though.

You believe you need to be top 20 to do pve at a high level? really?? come on dude get real.

You believe pve is harder than pvp? rofl dude seriously......

I'm going to sig your wallofpuke for the laughing value for everyone to see
    With poor english to boot.

Shadow priests are not becoming easier. Managing 3 dots, even in a multi dot situation is obscenely easy. Shadow orbs don't even factor into the equation. When MB is on cooldown, you use it. Thats it.

With the MoP changes, Shadow Priests will be more like rogues (Blizzard wants to give everyone combo points it seems), and have to watch for procs. This is much more intensive than a dot dot dot class.

Take note, a skilled fire mage will be able to use more hot streak procs because he is able to catch procs earlier. This means that the difference in DPS between a skilled fire mage and an unskilled fire mage will be much different than a shadow priest.

Deleted
    Where to even start with this mess? At least proof read your posts instead of spewing this incoherent crap and forcing us all to work twice as hard to understand you.

That's nice. That doesn't automatically make your argument right though. In fact it's irrelevant. Gloat elsewhere. I don't believe you at any rate, looking at the content of your post and the way it's presented.

since my POV. this makes shadow priest alot less rewarding and alot less skill based more RNG favoring the less skilled player.
    If anything, there is less RNG in Pandaria Shadow. Plus, great players set themselves apart by the way they play their class within the confines of an encounter, not by somehow pressing buttons 'better' than others. You are kidding yourself if you think Cataclysm Shadow is so hard you need to be a Chess Grandmaster to play it well.

Irrelevant. You should judge an argument on its content, nothing more. Suffice to say I've been playing Priests for a long time. I know precisely what I'm talking about. I would not be posting here otherwise.

Again, you are fooling yourself if you think Cataclysm Shadow is 'hard'. I'm not even sure why it matters. Surely you should judge the class on how fun it is to play, rather than an entirely subjective perception of difficulty. That is, unless telling yourself that you are better than other people at a 'hard' spec helps you to prop up your failing self-esteem.

Deleted
    > Cedrich how on earth can you say there is less rng in MoP? The only rng part we have now is our orb generation, which tbh with our current 4p, ES never goes down. But on the other hand(MoP), you have so many rng talents(FDCL,DI,mastery....), rng will be a lot more present in our rotation than it is now. Except if you don't take the talents, but there will still be the mastery.. which is totally retarded.... Please tell me how this is less rng...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedrich View Post
    Where to even start with this mess? At least proof read your posts instead of spewing this incoherent crap and forcing us all to work twice as hard to understand you.

That's nice. That doesn't automatically make your argument right though. In fact it's irrelevant. Gloat elsewhere. I don't believe you at any rate, looking at the content of your post and the way it's presented.

If anything, there is less RNG in Pandaria Shadow. Plus, great players set themselves apart by the way they play their class within the confines of an encounter, not by somehow pressing buttons 'better' than others. You are kidding yourself if you think Cataclysm Shadow is so hard you need to be a Chess Grandmaster to play it well.

Irrelevant. You should judge an argument on its content, nothing more. Suffice to say I've been playing Priests for a long time. I know precisely what I'm talking about. I would not be posting here otherwise.

Again, you are fooling yourself if you think Cataclysm Shadow is 'hard'. I'm not even sure why it matters. Surely you should judge the class on how fun it is to play, rather than an entirely subjective perception of difficulty. That is, unless telling yourself that you are better than other people at a 'hard' spec helps you to prop up your failing self-esteem.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ol/Luml/simple

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...Shadow_Priest/

don't get your point really.

But your a pvp'er so most likely you will come up with pve is not skills and pvp is skills.

10+ Year Old Account

New Mastery:

My opinion on this:

My opinion on this:

Post on official forum.
    You think shadow priests have been destroyed? Try playing a Shaman, they've lost their uniqueness and cool factor. Their just like every other class now

Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    You think shadow priests have been destroyed? Try playing a Shaman, they've lost their uniqueness and cool factor. Their just like every other class now
    But cooldown totems are awesome. Tranquility totem >> Priest Tranquility > Druid Tranquility.

How many other classes can defend themselves when they're interrupted or silenced?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ol/Luml/simple

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...Shadow_Priest/

don't get your point really.

But your a pvp'er so most likely you will come up with pve is not skills and pvp is skills.
    Yeah, I'm going to link my armory and my rankings so ppl an see how awesome and right I am.

Deleted
    All of them:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    But cooldown totems are awesome. Tranquility totem >> Priest Tranquility > Druid Tranquility.

How many other classes can defend themselves when they're interrupted or silenced?
    I liked having my 4 little buddies out while healing, not just standing there casting away solo like every other healing class.. They could have given shaman's an Tranq without destroying the overall Totem mechanic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    > Cedrich how on earth can you say there is less rng in MoP? The only rng part we have now is our orb generation, which tbh with our current 4p, ES never goes down. But on the other hand(MoP), you have so many rng talents(FDCL,DI,mastery....), rng will be a lot more present in our rotation than it is now. Except if you don't take the talents, but there will still be the mastery.. which is totally retarded.... Please tell me how this is less rng...
    Don't think we'll be taking FLCD in PvE at least. Mindbender is very strong right now. For PvP, I'll give you that.

Mastery RNG has no effect on our play right now, if you want to count Mastery then you should count crit too. We already pretty much accept that sometimes you crit and sometimes you don't. Mastery is the same.

Regardless of that, you're right. I didn't put much thought in to that. I suppose what I should have said is that I find the RNG in Panda is less frustrating than Shadow Orb RNG has been this expansion, and bad RNG has less of an impact whilst actually playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    isn't your title backwards?
    I know right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Current Shadow Orbs management has no skill factor, it's RNG and sometimes very bad such.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.