Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    They don't help animals and the only reason you think that is because you take what they say at face value. Look up some information and you'll see they kill more animals each year than anyone else.
    That's bullshit. Why would they advertize about helping animals and then kill them? Why would they kill animals, for what cause exactly? What do you have to back this outrageous statement up? Woaw, people really don't like animals, it's as if they are only waste of space in this polluted world.
    Last edited by mmoc1d71e72adf; 2012-06-06 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Streetfarm View Post
    That's bullshit. Why would they advertize about helping animals and then kill them? Why do they kill animals, for what cause? What do you have to back that outrageous statement up?
    They believe pets are "slaves" and they are better dead than living in slavery.

You should really look stuff up before blindly following it. They are a terrorist organization.

That's bullshit. Why would they advertize about helping animals and then kill them? Why would they kill animals, for what cause exactly? What do you have to back this outrageous statement up? Woaw, people really don't like animals, it's as if they are only waste of space in this polluted world.
    http://www.virginia.gov/vdacs_ar/cgi...=157&year=2010

That's bullshit. Why would they advertize about helping animals and then kill them?
    That is an excellent point! Too bad PETA doesn't see it that way. Probably because it involves logic, of which PETA seems to have very little. The head of PETA, Ingrid Newkirk, stated that, "sometimes the only kind option for some animals is to put them to sleep forever." Now realize that this is from the head of an organization that regularly protests animal shelters for doing exactly the same thing.

There are plenty of good animal welfare organizations out there deserving of support, but PETA is absolutely not one of them.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2012-06-06 at 11:53 PM.

Just click here... Easy as that.

Edit:
    Rofl... I love how the third link is a MMO-Champion link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like animals especially chickens because they taste so great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    I saw a segment on 60 Minutes, I believe, about the head of PETA. She is a severely mentally ill person imo. She has a very thin grasp of reality. The kicker in this segment was her stopping her car to go mourn a dead bird on the side of the road. It was a pretty sad display.

Personally, I think it may be a deficiency from a lack of meat in her diet.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    I am curious... how much of what people are claiming about PETA is being done by PETA itself, and not by another organization in the animal rights movement? They're only one part... its not like if some random nut starts bombing produce centers, PETA was necessarily involved. PETA actually tried to recruit me a few years ago in a movement to get future scientists on their side, and they presented themselves as being a lot less radical than other movements, and mostly focusing on awareness and transparency than anything else. And they seem a lot more moderate... I had a discussion with one who essentially said that the most important thing that the beef industry had to change was to allow free range grazing and stopping abuse of animal produce, rather than saying "stop eating all meat." Though.. there is a possibility that that specific representative toned down the overall message to attempt to recruit people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I am curious... how much of what people are claiming about PETA is being done by PETA itself, and not by another organization in the animal rights movement? They're only one part... its not like if some random nut starts bombing produce centers, PETA was necessarily involved. PETA actually tried to recruit me a few years ago in a movement to get future scientists on their side, and they presented themselves as being a lot less radical than other movements, and mostly focusing on awareness and transparency than anything else. And they seem a lot more moderate... I had a discussion with one who essentially said that the most important thing that the beef industry had to change was to allow free range grazing and stopping abuse of animal produce, rather than saying "stop eating all meat." Though.. there is a possibility that that specific representative toned down the overall message to attempt to recruit people.
    peta may not be out bombing pet stores but there have been documented financial ties between peta and designated terrorist organizations like the ELF. I have a problem with that. I also have problems with their methods. I don't think the individuals are evil...just vile and obnoxious. I've also been really put off of them by their campaigns directed at youth. peta2 is a cesspool of hate and actions approaching violence are often subtly encouraged. These things they have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I am curious... how much of what people are claiming about PETA is being done by PETA itself, and not by another organization in the animal rights movement? They're only one part... its not like if some random nut starts bombing produce centers, PETA was necessarily involved.
    Ever heard of Rod Coronado? He's a man who's spent time in prison for arson, has admitted to several other arsons, and is very vocal about violence being a necessary tactic for causing change, even going so far as to demonstrate how to make improvised explosives and incendiary devices at his talks... All in the name of animal rights. He's also an admitted member of the Animal Liberation Front. Ingred Newkirk has called him "a fine young man," and PETA has given him more than seventy thousand dollars. So no, very little violent action is done by PETA itself... But they refuse to condemn it, stop just shy of outright condoning it, and give a lot of money to people and organizations who do it. In one interview, a member of PETA said, "violence and non-violence are not moral positions, they're tactics."

PETA actually tried to recruit me a few years ago in a movement to get future scientists on their side, and they presented themselves as being a lot less radical than other movements, and mostly focusing on awareness and transparency than anything else. And they seem a lot more moderate... I had a discussion with one who essentially said that the most important thing that the beef industry had to change was to allow free range grazing and stopping abuse of animal produce, rather than saying "stop eating all meat." Though.. there is a possibility that that specific representative toned down the overall message to attempt to recruit people.
    I'll grant you that in any organization, there are people who are more extreme or more moderate. And I'm sure PETA is very skilled at sending the recruiters for the job.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2012-06-07 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    You would eat other humans too, or your own shit for that matter if you were hungry enough.

Saying it is 'human nature' to eat animals is incorrect. It is human nature to survive.
    So what other activity is done by the vast majority of humans that isn't "human nature"?

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    I think you could say they they're trying to...

"Raise" your "awareness."

AWWWWW YEAH
    Haha +10 internets for you.

OT: This seems a bit too much

Deleted
    I can't even fap to this.

This. For MONEY. I like animals too in general, and the ones I truly care about are dogs. My actual views are that animals are equal to humanity, because there is no evidence to prove otherwise.

These lunatics want to even ban animals as companions, because they are "slaves", and this bothers me most. Those poor animals getting free food, free toys, free sleep, and free safety.
    I don't even agree with them when they talk about animal cruelty and zoos(things that make my stomach churn), because they take them and kill them.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-06-07 at 06:34 AM.

why are people defending peta?? i dont get this.....

WTF is the hate for? PETA is helping the animals, how can people be so careless about the suffering animals...
    people dont really HATE animal its just their method is sooo ridiculus lol

i myself love animals and i wouldnt dare hurt one but this is just beyond bizzare >_>
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    I can't even fap to this.

This. For MONEY. I like animals too in general, and the ones I truly care about are dogs. My actual views are that animals are equal to humanity, because there is no evidence to prove otherwise.

These lunatics want to even ban animals as companions, because they are "slaves", and this bothers me most. Those poor animals getting free food, free toys, free sleep, and free safety.
    I don't even agree with them when they talk about animal cruelty and zoos(things that make my stomach churn), because they take them and kill them.
    Wow. Welp, I guess I've been very much uninformed. I didn't even know anything about PETA, I just thought like "Oh what's PETA? A organisation that helps animals? Oh cool, very cool...but what's with the hate?" I see it now, holy crap. I guess I have to dig deeper into stuff everything I enjoy/support something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammahtime View Post
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    I do it too. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't watch that video. I like chickens. With mashed potatoes.
    On another note:
    FOOD chain applies. We just have to apply it for 6 billion somewhat intelligent race.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2012-06-07 at 10:41 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Seems quite a few celebrities support them, Sasha Grey, Jenna Jameson, Ron Jeremy etc.
    Who...?

And WHAT an adult site... Every single girl is dressed in nothing that I could not see on a hot summer day in the middle of the city.

Boring, just as PETA

I don't get how 50 baths = 1 steak? I'm so confused right how.

PETA Organization is a joke. I think Penn and Teller summed it up quite nicely in that video.

I think someone should make an organization called PETP, People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-06-07 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don't get how 50 baths = 1 steak? I'm so confused right how.

PETA Organization is a joke. I think Penn and Teller summed it up quite nicely in that video.

I think someone should make an organization called PETP, People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants.
    It's quite simple. To have a good steak, you bathe it 50 times. So they're suggesting you eat fish and/or boiled food, not fried food since it's bad. Hint: it's a joke, I don't think they meant that, and I have no clue why 50 baths = 1 steak either... maybe the water? I don't know, the water in my country costs more then 1 steak.