Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zelda OoT - How long did it take you to complete?

Considering I was about 8 at the time, it took me over a year.

I remember spending about a month alone trying to do the deku tree and when I completed it I thought it was the end of the game...

Few months later I collected all the stones are thought, wow, this is the best game I've ever played, thinking I'm about to go back to Hyrule Castle and kill Ganondorf. Boy was I in for a shock....

5 more Temples...
    Water was the hardest although Shadow was a bitch as well.

After I finally completed it, I cried.

Still the best game I have and will ever play.

They don't make them like that anymore :')

Took me like 2 months to complete when I was about 15.

Got it on my DS atm and its taken me 30 hours just to get to the water stone........

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I was 19 and in college so I probably beat it faster than I should have probably a week or 2.

I was pretty young when I first played it, it took me quite a while, though not a year. I just remember when I finally beat it, I sat at the screen with Link and Zelda looking at each other as the colors went brown and thinking it would go back to the main menu or something. I ended up sitting there for a lot longer than I care to admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    To get all item upgrades, all Hearts, all Great Fairies, all 100 Skulltardas, all masks, the whole package, about a week of derping around at 14 or 15.

To beat the game with 3 hearts total and no non-required items (2 bottles, no Biggoron Sword, no upgrades to any item), restarting if I died, about 3 days of derping around at 19 or so. Was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Considering I was about 8 at the time, it took me over a year.

I remember spending about a month alone trying to do the deku tree and when I completed it I thought it was the end of the game...

Few months later I collected all the stones are thought, wow, this is the best game I've ever played, thinking I'm about to go back to Hyrule Castle and kill Ganondorf. Boy was I in for a shock....

5 more Temples...
    Water was the hardest although Shadow was a bitch as well.

After I finally completed it, I cried.

Still the best game I have and will ever play.

They don't make them like that anymore :')
    im assuming the origonal

2 months didnt find it that hard would have been less if it wasnt for bongo bongo

I remember seeing my death total at about 400. Also I did have 96 Golden Skulltalas!

As a kid, took me AGES. Farthest we got for a long time was to Forest Temple, then I got past it and finally beat it when I was about 11? Something like that. Now I play through it in a few days every year. :P

Anyone else remember getting scared when the roof hands used to come and get you? Remember, I was 8! XD

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 08:34 PM ----------

Yeah, I completed it in a day a few years back. Day off well spent

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 08:35 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E-QEq4SCiM

Awesome vid btw

The first time was a few months since he just liked to run around places instead of going through jabu jabu. He beat the 3ds version in about 10-15 hours.

Well, for me, it took several years. Considering I was 5 (i think) when I got it, the puzzles were hard for me, and the music absolutely horrified me. Just the music in Dodongo Cavern made me stop playing for a while, puzzles like the Water Temple, and let me not mention Beneath The Well and Shadow Temple along with wall masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jptrucci View Post
    Well, for me, it took several years. Considering I was 5 (i think) when I got it, the puzzles were hard for me, and the music absolutely horrified me. Just the music in Dodongo Cavern made me stop playing for a while, puzzles like the Water Temple, and let me not mention Beneath The Well and Shadow Temple along with wall masters.
    Beneath the well took me damn ages. I was really confused because I was expecting a final boss after I got the lens of truth :/

I know what you mean...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Anyone else remember getting scared when the roof hands used to come and get you? Remember, I was 8! XD

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 08:34 PM ----------

Yeah, I completed it in a day a few years back. Day off well spent

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 08:35 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E-QEq4SCiM

Awesome vid btw
    i was scared of that but even more the worm thing that swallows u and takes ur shield !

The bottom of the Well is probably one of the most unsettling thing about OOT, even more than the Shadow Temple. I like the Bongo Bongo theory that he was a criminal and was executed in the bottom of the well, as evidence there are torture devices there with blood underneath them.

A week or two at 8 or 9 I think? Came out 98 right? It was definitely finished before xmas break ended =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 9 at the time and it probably took me like a month. I don't remember having any huge problems with it aside from the Water Temple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe two weeks 100% Shadow was the hardest because of my old TV having no way to adjust brightness.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a kid, 3 days. Now for speed runs I average between an hour and 40 minutes to 2 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    As a kid, 3 days. Now for speed runs I average between an hour and 40 minutes to 2 hours.
    Since the world record on OOT single segment is 1 hour and 16 min. With large skip-glitches that was perfectly executed i call BS on an avg time between 1h40m - 2 hours.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2012-06-06 at 08:53 PM.