Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrux View Post
    Its ok.

The movement and the feel of the game in general feels a little dated and certainly nothing exciting unfortunately.
    The graphics I would say the same about even if it is a large scaled world. The graphics seem dated for a 2012 game.
    The combat brings nothing new either, I was in another thread discussing this and was told the combat was more similar to TERA compared to other MMO's but this is not true and disappointed me. Its the same old tab - 1,1,1,2 rhythm
    The game in general, interface, character, skills etc... Wasnt too simple to figure out and will definitely take some time getting used to.

The quests I enjoyed though, they are pretty straight forward and satisfactory fun.

I was excited to try out the PvP so joined the WvW thingy and I found that way to overwhelming for the little time I had, definitely something thats gonna take some time getting used too also. I felt lost, not knowing what I am doing and stuff. Even with an instructor there giving me a sort of manual I didnt have a clue lol

Friend of mine put it a little more simpler in shorter words and believes the game is abit of a mess atm, I guess I agree. It is only a beta though, and shouldnt affect my final judgement of the game at release.

All in all, I dont think the game has been made very welcoming to noobies at all. Ive no idea how similar everything works to Guild Wars 1 but all I can say is if you havent played Guild Wars 1 then you will probably feel confused most of the time playing Guild Wars 2 if this weekend will be the first time you play it anyway.
    Reminder: You have only experienced this game up to around level 20 or so. Try to see what combat is like in actual challenging content instead of "Noobs go into this zone first" content.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Sounds pretty good.
    I can imagine the first impressions of any MMO a bit dull.

Spamming 1 and 2 while killing boars at Durotar.
    Hi

Let's see ya button mash past the tutorial zone. You'll probably uninstall the game after being owned over and over again by that neutral rabbit in the field.

Anyway, how do I feel? Game feels pretty perfect to me as it is. Release now please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just aren't happy unless they're crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Some people just aren't happy unless they're crying.
    That's actually a real affliction. Some people only feel fulfilled when they're miserable. Go figure...

The movement and the feel of the game in general feels a little dated and certainly nothing exciting unfortunately.
    The graphics I would say the same about even if it is a large scaled world. The graphics seem dated for a 2012 game.
    The combat brings nothing new either, I was in another thread discussing this and was told the combat was more similar to TERA compared to other MMO's but this is not true and disappointed me. Its the same old tab - 1,1,1,2 rhythm
    I don't even...

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I've noticed is that there seems to be a lack of goals in the game. Or, at least in the beta. There are different things you can do, but most of them aren't fun in the beta. I don't want to spoil the personal story, so I'm skipping that. sPvP is decent, but I don't like the whole playing with and against random people thing. Could be fun with an actual team, but that won't happen in the beta. WvW could be fun between equal servers, but again not happening in the beta. What's left is basically just chasing hearts and skill points, which gets boring if it's the only thing you do. So for me, the beta is rather boring. But most of my issues will (hopefully) be fixed once the game has released.

not gonna lie the game looks like a pile of shit and its exactly what it is. A pile of shit with great graphics.

Criticism is fine on these forums as long as it's productive and leads to discussion. This...isn't that. Please refrain from game bashing. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-06-09 at 07:24 AM.

Im really sorry Arenanet. I love the game and thats one of the reason why I cant beta test the game for you I dont want to spoil the game so I stick with PvP.
    Controls and animations are really fluid in my opinion. I still have optimization issues but I cant whine about that since they said they will work on it later. Game also looks amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Sounds pretty good.
    I can imagine the first impressions of any MMO a bit dull.

Spamming 1 and 2 while killing boars at Durotar.
    It's a wonder that people forget this.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Guild Wars 2 first impressions should not be "a bit dull". This is a game about which ANet has ENDLESSLY claimed how they want to change the way we see MMOs completely.

You don't change anything if the same concepts apply, and you certainly don't defend them. It's do or die at this point, the hype is too big.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Guild Wars 2 first impressions should not be "a bit dull". This is a game about which ANet has ENDLESSLY claimed how they want to change the way we see MMOs completely.

You don't change anything if the same concepts apply, and you certainly don't defend them. It's do or die at this point, the hype is too big.
    The hype is not ANets fault, that's the community.

"First impressions" are subjective. ANet can do their best to make a fantastic game, but they cant please everyone. You cant blame them for someone not liking their game based on a personal opinion, any more than you can fault an author for someone not liking their books.

It's not a bad game. I never played the original guild wars 2. This game is without a doubt interactive. You see dozens of other players racing to complete the task you are on. The graphics are great. The combat is good.

What concerns me that this pay for gold thing. It seems like you will be required to buy diamonds for cash in order not just have av advantage but to play the game at be at a major disadvantage. Take for example the porting system, it cost money when you run out of money either walk across the map or buy gold to get sent there.

Second is the game heavily depends on players being interactive or around the same mission to do it quickly. When no one is around it feels very slow. Also there's no clear direction of where to go early on.

I pre purchased the game so I'm be buying it regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrux View Post

All in all, I dont think the game has been made very welcoming to noobies at all.
    This pleases me to no end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post

What concerns me that this pay for gold thing. It seems like you will be required to buy diamonds for cash in order not just have av advantage but to play the game at be at a major disadvantage. Take for example the porting system, it cost money when you run out of money either walk across the map or buy gold to get sent there.
    If you're talking about the cash shop, nothing in there gives you an advantage over other people.

The porting system is completely different - it's like the WoW taxi service but you can access it from any point. You dont "buy" gold at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people claim GW2 to be dull, then I'd really like to know their opinions about tradition large online community RPGs. I can only think of a few reasons why people would call it dull.
    1) Starter zones, enough said.
    2) People haven't even begun to scratch the surface. There's tons of things to do outside of "grinding" hearts.
    3) Many people ignore theorycrafting and PvP altogether, and then claim that the combat is faceroll. Even though they've never done either (or gotten to level 15 for the matter).
    4) People haven't used the crafting system, explored zones, talked to people in chat, or even messed around with armor dyes for christ sake.

I think after a person has done all of that, THEN they can come up with a solid impression, but until then it's all just a bunch of naysaying. If a person still doesn't like the game after all that, then my only assumption is that they've been tortured by traditional model so much that they now have learned how to enjoy it. It's like a emo kid who cuts on himself.

It's pretty sad actually, that one cannot enjoy a game unless it's mentally raping them. It's funny at the same time too, because if GW2 were a single player game it would gain as much praise as Dragon Age: Origins. However, just for the fact that it's an MMORPG, it gets the whiny emo kid treatment solely for the reason that it's not like all other MMORPGs in most aspects.

It really must be true: the MMORPG genre is dying because no one is ever satisfied.

UI got improved but I still wait for ingame clock.
    Personal story of humans is pretty medicore and cringeworthy - at least till level 10. Gladly went with Logan over that other guy.
    Characters still look like they float above ground - I dont think it will be fixed.
    Graphics overall look a bit dated but they stay true to "painting asthetics" advertised by ANet.
    Why cant I send mail to my own characters?
    Combat and gameplay is still fluid and fun. Also it really encourages group play. You are always happy when you see another person come to help.
    I like that it stays difficult - downscaling works great.
    Shadow Behemoth - OMG, I think I replayed it at least 3 times.

Having great fun so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    Why cant I send mail to my own characters?
    Your storage/bank is account-wide, so I guess they just want you to transfer that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Draygen View Post
    Your storage/bank is account-wide, so I guess they just want you to transfer that way.
    Aye I know, but still I have to port to nearby city to do it.

I've tried engineer. It is a unique proffesion because it has lowest weapon variety (3) but compensates that by having tool belt and many skills that change your entire bar. Because of that they have a "slow start" where you get all of your weapon skills really quickly, but have to wait longer for variety. Perhaps it will be changed, perhaps not.