Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Loving the subtle changes like:
    -Abilities that have multiple hits in random succession are added together instead of each one being displayed
    I hope that's optional. I like seeing numbers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I hope that's optional. I like seeing numbers fly.
    There may be a toggle implemented eventually. I would make a post about it on the official forums. I like this way better because you can see how much an ability does without busting out your calculator.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm wondering if it's intentional. If it is I'm really happy about that. I didn't like the idea of relying on clones to deal damage. I'd prefer my damage to come from me, and have clones just as a means to confuse people.
    Could be intentional. If it is I hope they do something to give Mesmers more damage to replace the damage the clones/phantasms are no longer doing. Compared to every other profession I've played the damage is way low.

I'm playing from China...had 0 connection and latency issues. It's honestly been shockingly good.
    It's simply the best online game I've played in terms of the connection while I've been in Asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what I resize the new map to, the "Exit instance" button is partially hidden behind the top-right corner of the minimap.

Plus, loot gets in the way of the map as well.

New daily feat chests and even 100% zone chests (same as daily feat chest but blue with gold metal lining) "buttons"/icons appearing where loot tooltips are displayed, clicking it gives you your reward. Very neat.

Didn't get to play BEW1, having loads of fun.

Playing on my new pc. Performance is tight, my machine devours GW2 like a fat person devours cake. Even tough they said overclocked hardware might be a performance loss. The game is still CPU heavy, and seems to favor 2 cores at most.

I logged in on my Engineer, which i played upto this point. Sadly the one pvp build that didnt involve spamming Elixirs was nerfed as some important traits are unreachable with the new tiered traits. Tested damage a bit (was in the mist) everything was pretty much the same, underwhelming and some bad mechanics.
    Logged back into PvE, noticed i could no longer get Elixir gun (my favorite weapon kit) due to tiered utility skills. Logged out, rerolled Ranger and never looked back.

There are some connection issues, mostly i think when the server tries to switch you from overflow to your home realm. Atleast, for me personally.
    Ran into some bugs so i made half a dozen feedback forms already. More playtesting today on my Ranger.

So far everything has been awesome! There were some bugged mobs that you couldn't damage but everything else has been great. Game is running smoothly as well. I just love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really love to try it But I’m not in the beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Loving the subtle changes like:
    -Abilities that have multiple hits in random succession are added together instead of each one being displayed
    -New crit symbol
    -New timer on boons/conditions
    -New tip popups
    -X-prof combos displays the name when you make one
    QFT, I totally agree with these new changes, they look extremely nice. And also, I played some WvW and the spell effects have been toned down greatly when attacking those pesky walls, I think we were about 60 people knocking down a wall, and my fps only dropped ~5-10 at max settings, also no latency. One thing I would like to have fixed as a Warrior, don't know if it's an issue for the other professions, but some of my spells seem to have a delay on them, I don't believe that it's latency, because it only affected either my channeling skills, or my distance closers.
    Another thing, (All those things!) is, I don't know if you guys have noticed, if you stand still and look into the horizon there's some sort of a graphical effect (Hard to explain) that makes the horizon look like a landscape painting, it's so gorgeous.

I'm surprised to hear of folks having lag - playing from Aus to USA, I can say that the gameplay today has felt so smooth, lag free & fluid that I've been treating it (in the back of my mind) as a "live release" - that is to say, I've found overall performance, framerate and lag to be pretty much what I'd expect of any AAA MMO that I play.

BWE1 had some issues in this regard, for me, at least, I see them as resolved.

No lag for me either, been running fairly smooth.

Deleted
    Very impressed. Went from the 20-40ish fps from BWE1/stress test to todays 40-70ish fps & it`s barely even touching the gfx card. Guessing that`s not implemented yet

Font scaling, whoopee!!! Could do with tad larger when hi res screen - smallest UI though.
    No mail flashing right in middle of the screen, one of those things that bugged me mid fight, is no longer 8) (I liked it, just was ridiculously large, small version top left would be better)

grr, mail has returned to mid screen

Death camera. Any time you die, like in GW1 the camera pans around your corpse. Unlike GW1 where you can mouse move the camera & it stays there, in GW2 it just starts panning again to angles of zero use
    Death details. Whilst I like this feature (sort of) I`d prefer if it was an option to turn off or moveable & able to perma-snapshot to set area of the screen. After all, when it flashes up mid-screen how I died, I was there when it happened so already know. Perhaps an option/bind to bring it up rather then it popping up every single time.
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2012-06-09 at 02:21 PM.

After a few disconnects in the beginning, it's been a very lag-free run. He's even playing on a european server in amurrika. Some issues with the pvp and the portals stopped working a few times in the first few hours, but overall, the game is a ball.
    Skelington really wishes he could have been a Sylvari though

Deleted
    My impression is that GW2 is a good solid mmorpg, that just needs a few things fixing and a little more polish.

Good things about GW2:
    Smooth, lag free gameplay.
    Consistently high frame rates, even on a slow old i5 system.
    Awesome music.
    Excellent character creation system, plenty of customization.
    Intuitive combat system.
    A fantastic way of telling the story, and a good story to tell.
    Great looking character armour.

Bad things about GW2:
    Horrible character running animations, it looks like your character is sliding everywhere.
    Immersion breaking green outlines on everything that you mouse over or target.
    No free look mode, the camera always returns to its original direction when moving.
    Poor quality ground textures, but this may be due to no direct x 11 mode yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so jealous of you guys -.-

Deleted
    I'm diggin the graphics but if you look even slightly in the distance (not far at all), it's blurry as hell. Is it supposed to look like that? Wish they could make the range on that a lot further, breaks immersion for me. On max settings if that matters

I'm finding it very hard to level 24+, as a elementalist on a low population server. It could easily be my ability as a player but I didn't have any problems on a high population server it just feels so much harder to do anything in deserted zones due to the number of mobs in close proximity to one and other.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I'm playing from China...had 0 connection and latency issues. It's honestly been shockingly good.
    It's simply the best online game I've played in terms of the connection while I've been in Asia.
    Perhaps it's your ISP? May I ask what you're using? I played the last beta on China telecom 4mb (best I can buy in hangzhou) and it was horrific. I'm scared to login now!

Deleted
    Very much enjoying this right now. Anyone spot a familliar face?