Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of people mentioning the Witcher. I'm thinking of getting Witcher 1 and 2 off of http://www.gog.com/ when I get home next week. Worth it?
    Putin khuliyo

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    diablo 3... but i got a shit ton of a single player games that ive never finished

skyrim, borderlands, just to name a few....but yea i find diablo 3 to be the most "addicting" for lack of a better word right now

Diablo 3, if it's considered single player... no idea, it's kinda online single player.

Deleted
    I cant beleive know one has mentioned The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind, one of the great elder scrolls games, hey it might be a little old but good games are timeless !

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Reezpkt View Post
    Ah yeah i've played through Arkham Asylum , which one is better?
    Asylum is better by so much that it's not even funny. City tries giving you the illusion of having a giant place to roam - when in fact the "city" itself is tiny. It uses WAY too many villains, which makes it feel crowded and silly, and the entire concept of Arkham City is idiotic. That said, City is still a great game - Asylum is just that much better.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I see a lot of people mentioning the Witcher. I'm thinking of getting Witcher 1 and 2 off of http://www.gog.com/ when I get home next week. Worth it?
    Witcher 1 is great, and I'm sure Witcher 2 is as well, however they changed the combat system a lot and I SUCK at the Witcher 2, I constantly die outside Flotsam, so I rage quit hah.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Personally I like going back and hitting up some old NES, SNES, SEGA, consoles when I get bored. For some reason I can never get enough of Magical Drop on the SNES, or Columns on the SEGA. If you are looking for an RPG, the playstation era rpg's are still the best single single player rpg's in existence in my opinion. For FPS style games I still greatly enjoy HALO, and HALO 2 as well as Star Wars Battlefront more than most that have come out recently. Otherwise as others have said there is many indie games out there, and there really is no reason whatsoever to spend $60 on a so called 'quality' single player game with the sheer number of other options out there.

Deleted
    My favorite singleplayer game the last decade is witcher 2 without a doubt atleast,

Deleted
    Well you had one there, Rage it's a great game a bit short but lots of fun. There is Portal 1 and 2, The witcher 2. I'm playing a game called psychonauts right now it's a lot of fun you could check that out. Amnesia the dark descent maybe? You could play through the Mass effect serie (1 2 and 3) they're all great and they follow the same story going from the first game to the last (obviously durr). There's a bunch of call of duty games those are always fun to play through. Crysis 1 and 2 are quite fun. I could name a lot more but i think that gives you some ideas atleast .

So to re-cap games are:

Portal 1 and 2
    The witcher 2
    Psychonauts
    Amnesia the dark descent
    Mass effect 1 2 and 3
    Call of duty mw 1 2 and 3 aswell as cod black ops
    Crysis 1 and 2

Also like someone else mentioned there's a ton of great games on older consoles and you can get your hands on those ''cough'' legally easily, just get a gamepad aswell and you'll have a better experience
    Last edited by mmoc12b394f111; 2012-06-09 at 10:13 PM.

Humble indy bundle, look it up, but be quick, the action only lasts a few more days.

Deleted
    Deus Ex (http://www.giantbomb.com/deus-ex/61-17533/)

And of course some of the already mentioned games. But I personally think that the classic Deus Ex beats a lot of today's games, even Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Last Remnant square enix best RPG in the past few years.

Deleted
    skyrim really is the champ of single player tbh

The Stranger. Sit on your arm until it falls asleep then....go to town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do not buy Rage, it was bland.

If you're gonna be playing on PC. Half Life, Saints Row, Deus Ex, La Noire, Thief series, Super Meat boy and Arkham City.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

You really need to mention which genres you'd like to play, or I'll end up summing 500 games

Portal 2, Bastion, Skyrim.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deus ex: Human Revolution is my favorite of the past year

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommand Dead space 2, really awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Asylum is better by so much that it's not even funny. City tries giving you the illusion of having a giant place to roam - when in fact the "city" itself is tiny. It uses WAY too many villains, which makes it feel crowded and silly, and the entire concept of Arkham City is idiotic. That said, City is still a great game - Asylum is just that much better.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 09:45 PM ----------

Witcher 1 is great, and I'm sure Witcher 2 is as well, however they changed the combat system a lot and I SUCK at the Witcher 2, I constantly die outside Flotsam, so I rage quit hah.
    Haha, yeah, it's beyond me how they managed to turn a bad combat system in the worst possible combat system :P

Skyrim. Nuff said. That should keep you busy for 100+ hours