Siegebreaker inferno

So been farming this guy on inferno for 10 kills now maybe? Swapping to about 200 MF gear before he dies and he hasn't dropped a single rare yet. I have seen more from the butcher with just NV and no other MF gear. What is going on? Bad RNG?
    I liek fysix

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mines been fine, Hell I got a ring that I sold for 15m <.< so yes bad RNG on your case. I usually get 2-4 rares MF swapping siegebreaker

275% MF ~

Deleted
    Sounds like bad RnG .. I believe you're guarenteed 2 rares with 5 NV though, why not just get that?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you just getting him down the MF or MF + NV?

If just MF, I've heard that killing a boss with five stacks alters the looting table as opposed to stacking MF alone.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Bosses are guaranteed to drop 2 rares when you have 5 stack valor. In the next patch, they'll only have one guaranteed rare, but elite/champion packs will also be guaranteed one.

Just MF as getting 5 stacks of NV usually means endless deaths (I get 1shot from spear throws from normal mobs even if I can kite elites...) and siegebreaker never hits me.

Can anyone confirm what Rustweaver is saying, by a quick kill?
    I liek fysix

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd definitely check but my Barb is lacking in the MF gear department. My drops are universally bad.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by goki View Post
    Just MF as getting 5 stacks of NV usually means endless deaths (I get 1shot from spear throws from normal mobs even if I can kite elites...) and siegebreaker never hits me.

Can anyone confirm what Rustweaver is saying, by a quick kill?
    I can confirm this, and if you check diablofans news, you should be able to find a bluepost noting that they will reduce guaranteed rare drops from 5 stacks to 1 down from 2, on bosses.

Just to shake things up today I was recording a vid on me barb on Belial Inferno (not a first kill) and with just 1 stack of NV I got a legendary and a rare item. I thought it was impossible but its not.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Just to shake things up today I was recording a vid on me barb on Belial Inferno (not a first kill) and with just 1 stack of NV I got a legendary and a rare item. I thought it was impossible but its not.
    Sorry that only proves that random loot is random. I don't think anyone has answered the actual question here but I don't believe swapping gear changes anything.

I believe the way it works under the hood is that if you have NV you are guaranteed 2 rare drops from bosses, and a certain number of blues. Anything you see past that is the equivelant of opening a barrel/crate/vase with MF gear and finding a blue, or a legendary.

(My first 60 legendary was from a barrel in the Butcher's dungeon, actually.)