Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I watch videos for entertaining purposes, that's why those skill-capped videos are boring because as someone said it's like they are at work. You are forgetting someone who has been in the pvp scene since Vanilla-Beta, the almighty Drakedog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPrv7wG0jSQ

Great Editing and nice moves

Gotta do memorable stuff. Swifty made the "tricks/exploits" video and that pretty much kept him in-mind for most anyone that play(s)(ed) WoW.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    'Ohriginal' is actually spelt Original, the guy earlier just typo'd it.
    I don't know anything other than what came up in the search results.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Originalpvp/feed links to http://www.twitch.tv/ohriginal which is also using the non-standard spelling.
    Last edited by potatoe; 2012-06-14 at 09:46 PM. Reason: is also uses -> is also using

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    l0l, regardless of that he was one of the best midfielders ever.

He showed tricks which the average person should know but the shit players didnt. His "1 shot macro" is just him popping all his cd's. The secret council of High Rated Warriors deemed this inappropriate though, and demanded it not be shown.
    Apparently you started playing after WOTLK, that would explain your ignorance.

Deleted
    Just fyi, these days when Drainerx posts any videos it is either him dancing with hes little brother (lol) or like 2 arena games with anime music.

Quote Originally Posted by Gámbller View Post
    Apparently you started playing after WOTLK, that would explain your ignorance.
    Regardless if I started playing later or not I've still achieved way higher ratings than him which makes me a better player.
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Alarasia View Post
    ...Tosan...aka Rykinia ring any bells?
    Dicegg
    Phwnix
    another 2 for me to think of

10+ Year Old Account
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Dicegg
    Phwnix
    another 2 for me to think of
    Dice is 2.5ish tho(atleast from what I got off his stormscale char) I know almost all r1 hunters eu, Garxz made great beast mastery vids, Rudd is also r1(known as Ruddy, I don't think he made any videos) Diki is 2.7 and s8/9 glad he has a couple videos out... I could probably name countless proper player videos that show great play if I tried to, they're just not closely as popular as athene/swifty even tho what they do is 3x better.

Add Blud to the list of mages btw, he does RMD highest rated worldwide 3 seasons now.

If you want I can do some proper research at a point to get the complete list of proper players that film their play, I've seen great vids from certain players(absolutely amazing in videos) but when I've faced them ( it was actually an arranged face-off they needed footage vs. the comp I ran and we needed rating ) they were rather easy to beat and farm, ever since then I take all wow vids with a grain of salt.

The last time I saw a vid where a "High Rated team with guy that uses fraps" beat a hardcounter consistently on video was Vanguards, before him it's been ages, not even Hydra when it was his prime time could do that, I can't even find a single game vs. beastcleave in his vids, and I'm rather certain beastcleave was almost unbeatable as RMP, that would be a merit, almost like beating a good junglecleave as RMP nowdays.
    I don't know it might be just me but I can judge a good from a bad video just by play, and that's the only way I judge it, sure a video is easier to watch if editing is good and music is proper, but it doesn't ever throw me off from watching a vid, not a good one atleast, bad play always makes me close the vid preety much straight up(reason why I don't watch swifty ever). I guess it's also because I watch wow videos so I can do better myself and to study/develop strategy for the combo's I run myself, they are also quite a good source of entertainment as they actually make it seem so easy.
    Thx for reading.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they make movies showing their 1337 skills which equals fanboyism, which then equals widespread chaos around the interwebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Players like Swifty and Mercader post videos that are either entertaining, informative, fun to watch, tricky, or i guess "interesting to watch; etc. In others words, their videos appeal to nearly any aspect of an audience. Any type of player; pvp, pve, high rated, low rated, noobie, pro, w/e rated player can watch their videos for fun, maybe learn something, and just overall have a good watch. Its that reason that they have so many video views and subs. High rated players usually post their match-ups, but not every person in WoW is high rated or even pvps really. Those videos don't get many views because only a select few people watch them, and the videos only appeal to few people. I've personally met swifty, and he really is an awesome person irl. Hes kind, funny, and really down 2 earth. Him making videos is just a plus.

Deleted
    Let's be honest, most famous/semi-famous "Let's Players" (they do other things too in all of these examples), such as the Yogscast boys, Totalbiscuit and Jesse Cox to name a few aren't exactly good at video games so to speak. Hell, "buttclenching fans" is a thing as far as Jesse goes.

The thing they provide is entertainment.

The same often applies to PvP and even PvE videos.

It's about the entertainment. Think about all the Hall of Fame sports figures who suck at doing the play by play of a game. Then think about all the great announcers who never even played a sport. There are sure to be outliers to both groups, but the point is that being skilled does not automatically make you entertaining.