Deleted

Let me be.. Let me be mad. /rant

Losing a HC character because of their, THEIR (not mine) "disconnection" is something that really gives you.. Nothing, not a single good gaming emotion.
    It's the same feeling you got at least once, overwriting a 200+ hours savegame on console when you was a kid.
    It's pure shame, nothing gained.. Nothing learnt.. Because it's not your fault this time.
    You can't imagine how FRUSTRATING it is until it really happens to you personally.

..HC's existence is insulted by this happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear I'm not trying to be callous, but the only way to properly play Hardcore, is to know you're going to lose that character to something stupid, silly, or utterly out of your control. If you don't go in expecting that, you're only going to come out broken.

I've died in Non-Hardcore so many times due to my cat going "HEY IS IT CUDDLE TIME?" all up in my face, that I imagine it'll happen on my HC sooner or later.

Deleted
    It's not that. I'd have liked to die because of MY stupidity, my error, my distraction.

Not a server disconnection I cannot foresee.

Deleted
    I think there was a bit more lag and connection issues back in 2000. For me at least, I think I still had a 128K ISDN, which had a three digit latency in D2 constantly, with four digit lag spikes quite often. The lag spikes didn't really go anywhere when I got my ADSL, but that's how playing HC in D2 always was. D3 is no different. When you make the choice to start playing HC, you should be aware that lag spikes happen, characters die to connection issues, and that's just how it is.

If you get angry over losing a character to connection issues beyond your control, then playing HC in Diablo isn't for you.

Else just chill, re-roll and continue.

Deleted
    It's just.. Kiddishly frustrating. It hurts.

I did not make an error, this is the worst part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not make an error, this is the worst part.
    And honestly, that's sometimes the name of the game. You know it's online. You know that outages and lag happens. You know that when these two + HC are combined, stuff dies.

You can either A) Get angry even though you knew it'd happen sooner or later, or B) Get over it and not be miserable

Lag happens. It happens a LOT with Diablo 3 currently. I imagine it'll get better, but the game is still new, and they're making furious updates and patches. You -know- this.

Deleted
    Yeap.. And it is indeed one of the many, common rants out there. It's just a way to scream loud a very true and normal frustration to a community that will mostly understand it. ;] I'll go over this but since I also have some examns irl this really piss me off, gh.

at least you can log into game and make chars. you have people like me having d3 restarting my comp at login screen. lol.

Let the man rant for gods sake! Mike of the Desert, I don't play HC atm but my old ritual in D2 was to sit and stare at the screen for about 20 mins after a char death. Let the pain out man, let it all out.

*hug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lhells View Post
    at least you can log into game and make chars. you have people like me having d3 restarting my comp at login screen. lol.
    Try updating your sound drivers to the latest version<3

I crashed like 10min into the game (crashed as in computer hardlocked and I had to restart it) every time. Took apart my computer. Tested parts. Replaced my water cooler. Ran different tests.

...a thousand different things, and 14 hours later I updated my sound driver and bam. Game worked perfectly.