Thread: Professions

Professions

Hey, I'm wondering what the best professions (I don't care about the money requirement) for warrior tanks? I've read some people say it doesn't matter since there is no profession specific stuff and others say "man I wish I had X"... I'm not really one for farming either...

Deleted
    Honestly there is pretty much absolutely no personal benefit to having Professions in RIFT other than when you want something crafted (Rarely Happens) you need to go and find someone that can make it

Only Proffesions i have are Foraging and Apothecary just for the convience of I pretty much gradually pick up all the Mats for my Raiding pots, so i dont need to keep buying them off Auction House
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-06-12 at 03:05 PM.

Like Seatin said, there's really no bonus for having certain professions, unlike wow where you get various stat buffs for taking certain professions. The only benefit is convenience. Armorsmiths (with mining and butchering) can make their own plate (and chain for clerics) armor and shields. Weaponsmiths (with mining and foraging for wood) can make their own weapons. Alchemists (with foraging and butchering) can make their own potions and buff elixirs. Runecrafters can make their own runes (enchants). Not sure the benefit of Artificers and Outfitters when it comes to a warrior. I admit I have never looked at artificer, other than I know they makerings and necklaces and wands and staffs and totems, though I guess the necklaces and rings would benefit a warrior, being able to make his own. Outfitters can make their own bags.

So really, it's just what you want for convenience's sake. Want to make your own armor? Go armorsmithing. Etc etc etc.

In my experience the best professions to have is one of the end-game consumable crafting professions and the related gathering skills.
    Either Runecrafter, Apothecary or Artificer will allow you to craft one part of your consumables and save you getting ripped off by the Auction House.

I'd go mining, butchering and artificing, make your own power/whet/oil stones. Probably the biggest expense for raiding.

Choose your professions based on what you're interested in crafting. If you're not looking to make money, ignore professions until you want them. There is no personal stat/skill/buff benefit whatsoever from taking a tradeskill in Rift. Professions here exist for gathering or making stuff.