Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stormwind still under construction?

Is anyone else upset that they didn't update stormwind's destroyed areas from Deathwing or at least show some progress fixing it? Do you think it will be redone before retail is out?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Park is still a smoldering crater. Details at 11.

And God I hope they fix it. It's a blemish on an otherwise beautiful city. Although Ironforge still takes the cake.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm City updates:

Orgrimmar:

*Complete overhaul of the city's infrastructure
    *New tier levels of the city
    *Structures completely updated to metallic frames.
    *Certain buildings demolished to make room for newer ones, namely, Thrall's Hold building when he was Warchief.
    *Every district (save for the cleft of Shadow) updated with new buildings and vendors.

Stormwind:

*Added New cemetery behind the Cathedral. As well as a pond/farm.
    *Removed an entire district (park)
    *Updated the Dwarven District by using old Alpha/Beta buildings that were leftover from launch of the game, and updated them to accommodate changes.
    *Left a decimated mess of the Valley of Heroes
    *Slightly updated the textures of the city buildings, very little changes overall.

Do you think Blizzard would update the city? Personally seeing how little effort actually went into redesigning Stormwind, I think not
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping Stormwind would be somewhat rebuilt by now, like maybe it can be apart of the High King quest for Varian? Idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iasu View Post
    I was hoping Stormwind would be somewhat rebuilt by now, like maybe it can be apart of the High King quest for Varian? Idk.
    Westfall Inn, guys.. Westfall Inn.

I don't think we will see any repairs or so on this city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    *Updated the Dwarven District by using old Alpha/Beta buildings that were leftover from launch of the game, and updated them to accommodate changes.
    Am I the only one who gets really annoyed by the floor next to the forge in Dwarf District? It looks like they've taken two big tiles and smashed them together, the floor looks really bad there.
    It's hard to explain without a screenshot, although anybody who's been there should know what I'm on about.

I am still kinda bugged that my once favourite city currently hasn't been repaired. I don't think it's too much effort to use the models used prior to Cata and just update the textures a little. I know it's not as simple as it sounds, but they aren't exactly starting from scratch either.

Looking at the new map resources on the front page, it looks Stormwind is going to be park-less for another expansion. They probably are too busy working on horde stuff, much like Gilneas in cat they will do Alliance stuff if they have time but it isn't a priority.

What annoys me is those workers working on the gate for over 2 years now achieving nothing. 2 more years of that? blah. I'm happy we won't be spending much time in SW anyway come MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, people will just complain that Varian is just stroking his ego like the time he got a statue outside of his castle.

In all seriousness, though; I only wish the front gates were repaired, at least. The Trade District at least can be excused considering that the crater is huge and it would take years before it would be finished. However, the gates should be dealt with, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackodonnel View Post
    Is anyone else upset that they didn't update stormwind's destroyed areas from Deathwing or at least show some progress fixing it? Do you think it will be redone before retail is out?
    I cry myself to sleep about it every night.
    /sarcasm off

Deleted
    MMos like wow tend to never evolved, added the fact that blizzard dont want to waste time and resources with it
    Redrige bridge was being built for nearly 7 years .....
    The sad part is that, if there was one thing that was very noticable and made total sense to change is SW...or at least remove the glowing effects from the fire just leave the rubble....jeez...

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    I cry myself to sleep about it every night.
    /sarcasm off
    Lorewise the events of cataclysm only took a few months. The time from the death of Deathwing to the discovery of Pandaria and such is only a week or two. There really hasn't been time nor resources to put SW back together nor finish OR.

Deleted
    It sometimes bothers me to no end that absolutely nothing about is being done about this as it seems. After all, these are just little, minor changes that wouldn't really take so long to implement. Capital cities are always important and relevant locations, and should be adjusted to the current timeline imo. While it was cool when it was relevant, it's getting annoying to see a crater in the park district, towers burning and Danath's statue still being pulled up.

Same goes with Orgrimmar's constructions.
    Last edited by mmoc01e7985d8f; 2012-06-13 at 12:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    This just in - Stormwind (as well as any other city/state/kingdom/realm) is broke.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    In the past, the developers valued continuity, yet these days they only change things when it suits them. Metzen in particular (the head of the lore team) is notorious for forgetting about an important plot point the moment he finds something else to focus on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind's destruction adds a little character to an otherwise very boring city. I hate SW even more now that you can fly around it and see just how plain it really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    You made a new account just to post this? Weeeeeeeeird.

Anyway, I'm not surprised. It took them from '04 'til '10 to get the bridge in Redridge finished. On the scale of damage that Stormwind has endured, we can expect at least another 6-8 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Redridge Bridge and Westfal Inn took 6 years to be repaired, we don't have any right to complain about Stormwind yet :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    You made a new account just to post this? Weeeeeeeeird.

Anyway, I'm not surprised. It took them from '04 'til '10 to get the bridge in Redridge finished. On the scale of damage that Stormwind has endured, we can expect at least another 6-8 years.
    On the other hand, an entire harbor was constructed in just a couple of months and whole Orgrimmar was rebuilt overnight.
    Last edited by mmoc01e7985d8f; 2012-06-13 at 12:41 PM.

It is an Alliance city, Blizz isn't going to waste valuable resources that they could be using toward bettering Horde cities.