Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Singed - Am i doing it wrong?

So since Singed is free this week, I'm having a try at him. I tried him a couple times when he was last free and that was about the time I started so I didn't have runes, barely any masteries and needless to say I sucked hard as him.

Anyways, tried him again last night, did OK against bots, Ok meaning positive k/d ratio, but I felt really gimped. Not very good damage, and I was playing what I thought to be pretty well. Pooping poison all over, flinging them into it, dropping slow on them as they try to get through it and autoattacking them in the process.

However, compared to other characters I play, Swain, Kayle, Trist, Alistar, Yorick, and so on, his abilities seem weak, underpowered, and doesn't have the ability to go toe to toe with anyone. It makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong because if I'm having issues against bots that have no problem chasing me in the gas, what happens if I face players that know not to chase.

I built boots RoA, Swiftness boots, then FoN before the match was over, and never felt like I put out very much damage.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Well, I think the biggest problem is you're going in playing as him wrong. He's a tank. Sure he's kinda squishy at lower levels but once you get your RoA and your Ult, you're good to go. Singed is not about burst damage at all, its about slowly but surely widdling down your enemy with your poison.

They wana come in and kill creaps? FU! Walk through my poison trail. They wana attack you? FU! Fling them into poison trail and make them run through it to get away. They wana chase you down for the kill? Pop ult(masive health/mana regen to keep you alive) and watch them foolishly chase you until they realize they're gona die to the poison trail, then turn and fling them back into it if they try to run. Say you're in a team fight and there's a ranged carry sitting back taking shots at your team. Pop ghost/ult and chase him down and fling him back into your team and poison while you're also running through their team and poisoning all the rest of them at the same time, widdling them down for your team to finish off.

You gota have a different mind set when playing him. Your not gona kill anyone (most likely) but you should be playin like a point guard in basketball...dishing out assists and initiating fights for your team. First make them fear your poison, make them scared to come in and kill creaps. If you can manage to send them back early and get some free farm, you just become tankier earlier and more of a problem to them. That's the way I play him at least. I'm not the best player but I can do ok with Singed IMO.

Singed is very weird champion, he's supposed to be build tanky and RUN. He can be very beneficial with the right team, Fling is one of the best CCs in game, just try him a bit more

He's not supposed to do a lot of damage fast, it's more of a slow killer

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a good point. I was following a guide on how to build him this go around, but he still did feel really squishy. I was sort of forced initially to go solo top against Leona, and I think Xin Zhao(jungler barely helped gank) and felt like my only chance was to tower hug, fling them closer to it when they tried to get out. That netted me a couple kills, but apart from that the damage felt like shit, I mean, even going AD with Alistar I felt like I put out more damage.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Singed is going to start fairly weak. He pretty much needs his catalyst or something similar and before that time he's just not that strong.

Singed does a ton of damage, it's just over time.

Basically one point in w and e, and then max q, taking r when available. Other than that you just run around with your poison on and farm, basically chasing people and slowly whittling them down.

You really want move speed quints, spell pen reds, armor yellows and mr/level blues to be successful. Masters could go in any direction, but 21 defense is probably your best bet.

Singeds goal is to be disruptive, with his slow and fling, while taking a lot of punishment so your teammates can do damage freely. He's more of a giant troll champion, in that if you play him right he can generally go in, weaken people with his poison and then just run away for free.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

15+ Year Old Account
    http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=7397

Read it, watch the videos, enjoy.

Singed is NOT a troll pick. He used to be banned every single damn game. You farm up top to their tower, counterjungle, TP to team fights, and basically run around disrupting everyone.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I've been playing AP Singed lately and having a blast.

Boots of Speed + 3 pots as starter items.
    Mana Crystal (due to passive) > HP Crystal > Catalyst
    Boots of Swiftness
    Rod of Ages
    Force of Nature

These are the items that i usually get (i can't get full build on 3on3, either because they surrender at 15m or we lose fast). I agree with Chopstixx22, Singed is meant to be played as a Tank, but give it a shot as AP.
    Also, Singed is more of an "Assist" type character (either in Tank or AP build), and like Chopstixx said, you won't get many kills unless your team sucks badly...

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother w/ Boots 3...just get Tabi or Merc Treads depending on enemy team comp.

You always rush RoA, then Rylai's, then FoN.

So that leaves you with 2 situational item slots, which really depend on who you're facing and how the game is going.

I haven't played him in a while, but if you want the super-duper farm you rush Philo/Hog, then get your ROA/Rylia's/FoN...then you're upgrading philo to Shurelya's and HoG to Randuin's. The amount of gold you generate is just insane.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Until you get to higher elos, people will always chase the Singed. He does a deceptively large amount of damage and his ult makes survival pretty easy in most situations. Get past his fairly weak first couple levels and you should be golden.

Deleted
    Fling to a turret / into stuns. You sir are doing it right then How I trolled with fling (Veigar with his aoe stun near turret, enemy champion somewhere, Sivir popping his ult, me popping singed' ult, blitzie inside veigars aoe stun, me flinging that soraka up blitzie's range, blitzie gripping into aoe stun, soraka stunned by veigar, turret raping soraka xD )

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Singed definitely isn't there for damage. He is there to just not die while the enemy dies to stupidity. I love Singed, and he once was my go to champ for solo top. Now I have a wider range of champs and he sadly sees less use, but my friends still know that when I pick Singed shit just got serious and we will probably win.

My best advice is get good at using fling and ult timing. Many times I have missed potential kills/assists because I timed my ult wrong or I've flung them into their turret instead of away from it.

Singed isn't a toe to toe tank like a Skarner, Alistar, etc. Singed is a disruption tank. You throw some goo to slow the enemy, fling the carries into your team during team fights, and if the fight starts going south, run with Insanity Potion and let them chase you with your Poison Trail running. Teams can't ignore your presence with him having higher than other tank's sustained damage and his raw harassment ability.

You just have to play very safe when laning until you can get Catalyst. Then it seems like at that point, Singed just grows some balls and starts harassing the piss out of anyone. Jungle Singed looks fun as well with the out of nowhere Flings.

Toxigen was correct on his items as well. I usually start boots +3, rush Catalyst, then Philosopher. At that point, Singed can start really harassing the enemy and be a decent meatbrick. I'll then finish RoA, work on Rylai's, then FoN, then Sunfire. Last are Shurelya's or Randuin's (or Frozen Heart) based on the team. Singed is an incredible farmer, esp after RoA, which makes getting those items a breeze.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2012-06-16 at 02:04 AM.

Make sure you're making the best use out of your turrets. If your enemy gets just a hair too close, fling them back, slow them, and chase them down with your poison for a goooood time.

He starts out fairly weak, so it can be very easy to feed early game. And of course, if you feed early game, you (generally) are going to have a rough mid-late game.

Also, as previously mentioned, he is a tank. You're going to deal little damage, but in the grand scheme of things, your mobility, useful abilities, and tanky-ness make you a great, albeit sometimes feeling weak damage wise champion.