Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sononeknows View Post
    I agree with you here. So far it's very weak and atm you would want to have about 6+ mobs around you to make SoR even viable. I'm just going to assume Blizz already knows and will be changing it.
    why would you think that? I mean Blizzie has failed the past 18 months to effectively fix ingame problems, partly the reason I've played for a collective week in hours the past 6 months.
    DS and SoR have been weak since Cata start, has it been fixed to be roughly equal to other classes? No it hasn't. From what I hear the same old same old is happening on MoP Beta.
    Realistically they need this out by November as they usually do every expansion, and it's underdone massively. You'll have classes doing 50-60% damage of other classes like where Ret was at in Nov 2010 with Cata. Classes 2 shotting other classes. nothing ever changes. Looking at Cata and the total lack of effort to balance classes as quickly as possible, so people can have fun competing, they failed miserably. I'd say that will be repeated in MoP

Can this thread stop? Worry about working and doing great single target dps. It'll be a first for the class to not launch completely broken on Expansion launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antigravitydogs View Post
    Sorry if there's been a large increase in Divine Storm Dmg very recently, but from what I've seen so far in Beta footage, it seems to me like a very weak AoE finisher. I doubt we'll be able to do competitive AoE dmg like this. Seems like there hasn't been an increase in DS dmg since its change to a finisher, looking at beta footage. Any rets in the beta mind telling me I shouldnt have anything to worry about? :P
    Every Ret with a brain worries about AE every xpac because we lost AE when they took Seal of Command from us and we haven't seen it since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Can this thread stop? Worry about working and doing great single target dps. It'll be a first for the class to not launch completely broken on Expansion launch.
    this statement is just stupid i'm afraid to say, why should this dps spec be weaker than any other dps spec AoE wise? It screws us over "total damage" wise in raiding, and can be very useful to put pressure on at flag caps in PvP, so regardless of what you say, as a Paladin of 6 years, I am very worried about all aspects of my class thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwyn View Post
    this statement is just stupid i'm afraid to say, why should this dps spec be weaker than any other dps spec AoE wise? It screws us over "total damage" wise in raiding, and can be very useful to put pressure on at flag caps in PvP, so regardless of what you say, as a Paladin of 6 years, I am very worried about all aspects of my class thanks.
    After a full competitive season in RBG's on all 4 of my characters with everything that is changing in MoP I still think Ret will be left in the dark when it comes to RBG's. I know it's too early to tell. However this is one of the major aspects, how we perform in group fights. Granted this was a pretty shitty season Cunnings and Rathraks made it a very favorable caster season. But the 2 melee classes that enjoyed free reign were Rogues because of their ability to tie up a caster and DK for their ability to force over extension coupled with defensive CD's and Howling Blast and let not forget about Death Grip.

I'm more convinced now than before that Holy Wrath should have been restructured into a Howling Blast system and it would start moving Ret in the right direction and while most people will argue Ret is fine now I'm still pretty worried about it going forward. This hurts us both in PvP and PvE but in DS there was really only two fights where AE ever came into play and that was covered mainly by the Bone-Link Fetish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Runewrath View Post
    I completely agree, I don't understand why moving Divine storm to holy power does anything but helps us. Its not like we're losing our current divine storm, it's just being name changed to HotR. All we're doing is GAINING an extra ability to use during aoe at the loss of the small heal.
    Also losing the potential stealth break.

Off-topic, but the real thing you should be worrying about is not AOE... it's the fact that every damage/healing paladin talent scales with spellpower and is therefore always better for Holy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Also losing the potential stealth break.

Off-topic, but the real thing you should be worrying about is not AOE... it's the fact that every damage/healing paladin talent scales with spellpower and is therefore always better for Holy.
    Word. It's so stupid that Holy can do more damage with level 90 talent, I mean really Blizzard?