Deleted

Suggestion about creating threads and new users.

Hello guys, I've never really posted in this section of the forums, and I did a quick search for this topic but found nothing, I hope I'm not repeating someone else. (If I am, I am very sorry and feel free to lock this!)

I've always frequented these forums a lot, mostly as a lurker, but now as a poster and one of the things that I often see is low post count users creating new threads that are normally creating trolling, arguments of flamebait. This is not the case with all users but it seems to be a trend I often see.

My question is, just like people under a certain number of posts can't post links or pictures, would it be possible to stop them from starting new threads? As far as I'm aware most sub-forums feature a thread that can bring answers to those with a question, and I think this would possibly stop a fair amount of spam/flamebaiting and give the moderators a bit of a break.

Anyone else agree with me? Would this be possible or helpful for the mods?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on this, to an extend.

I've seen many people trolling on the D3/General forums/General offtopic with low post count accounts.
    However at the computer forums we see a couple of people who's been stalking for some time but never made an account who needs help with their computer/build. (Actually how I started posting on here, lurked around for some months first.)

Ideal: Require people to post atleast 10 times before being able to make a thread except on the computer & computer build/upgrade help forums. =)
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    i thought there already was a 10post limit on new users creating new threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I agree on this, to an extend.

I've seen many people trolling on the D3/General forums/General offtopic with low post count accounts.
    However at the computer forums we see a couple of people who's been stalking for some time but never made an account who needs help with their computer/build. (Actually how I started posting on here, lurked around for some months first.)

Ideal: Require people to post atleast 10 times before being able to make a thread except on the computer & computer build/upgrade help forums. =)
    Ah yes, I don't frequent the computer forum, so I didn't think about that. This would be a good exception I think.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i thought there already was a 10post limit on new users creating new threads?
    I thought so too but it is not the case.

People would just spam up to 10 posts and then make their thread, making things even worse. Report the bad posts / topics that violate the rules and we will get to them as soon as possible!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    People would just spam up to 10 posts and then make their thread, making things even worse. Report the bad posts / topics that violate the rules and we will get to them as soon as possible!
    Not that I'm defending the OP's idea, but can't that argument be used for all the post limits MMO-C has in place?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Ok, will do.
    I just thought I should suggest it, as I thought it might take some weight off the moderators forums, but thanks for listening to the suggestion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Not that I'm defending the OP's idea, but can't that argument be used for all the post limits MMO-C has in place?
    A lot of the spam bots come here to try and post links and just fail without posting anything. It stops a lot of spam from ever being posted.

Deleted
    I agree with the OP but i think they have stated a few times that they dont want to restrict new users from creating threads, and i respect that. I would like a filter that removes all user threads that is started with less than 50 posts users. If these users have good posts in threads i might check out their threads. When i see that a thread have been created by a new user i click away from there asap.

It would be appriciated if people directed a new poster to a already created thread and a post to a Mod that the thread is a duplicate.