Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    I guess that settles it. The game IS dead. If things are bad now, imagine once they go free to play.
    I wouldn't say that. Both Turbine games rebounded after they went F2P, in fact they started to make profit hand over fist.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I think F2P for SWTOR is the best thing they could do. The game just doesn't have enough depth for me to pay a subscription for it. If it was F2P I would log in from time to time and enjoy what it was, but if I was roped into paying for it month after month... No thanks, there isn't enough there for me.

STO is another game where the model is perfect. STO doesn't have the endgame to warrant paying a sub fee for it. Now that it is F2P, I drop in and play it casually and have a blast. I even spend money on their cash shop, because I'm not wasting money on a sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Someone spoke more than he should and all efforts were made to remove the article in the attempt of controlling PR damage? Sounds plausible.
    That's "one" way to interpret it.

Here's another: They never actually confirmed ANYTHING, merely mentioned the idea, but due to the shitstorm made about it, it was removed. I feel compelled to remind you that even blizzard has gone on record that they've considered making WoW F2P before. Just because they have considered the possibility does not mean they are actually gonna do it.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Who gives a flying f-ck??

Obviously ANYONE who likes the game should give a flying f-ck. If the game doesn`t make money, they don`t release new content.

God, I HATE kids. GO F-CKING AWAY.

<Please post respectfully>

Star Trek Online would like to have a word with you...

I guess i'm not the only one who left them feedback telling them that the only way i'd ever return was if it went free to play. Left the same feedback to blizzard and the only time i ever revisit wow is when they give me a free week...lol

I hope it does become F2P I would come back. It didn't succeed like no mmo currently will as most of the player base has put too much time in wow to quit it all together. However as a boring sunday afternoon SWTOR could be a great time sink. I think this is a very good move as it is not a bad game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    And this game isn't bad, you idiots had insane expectations for a game at launch and expected something ground breaking, despite most of you praising it during the beta.
    Insane expectations? I wanted a working game. One with an AH that wasnt total trash, cross server LFG system so you could actually get groups and not spam fleet for 2-3 hours before rage logging, and cross server PvP so queues didnt take forever and you werent forced to play the same premades 90% of the time. Those arent unreasonable expectations. They are normal things that a game should have in the era we are in. Sure maybe 10 years ago this game would have done fine without all those things but not in 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Insane expectations? I wanted a working game. One with an AH that wasnt total trash, cross server LFG system so you could actually get groups and not spam fleet for 2-3 hours before rage logging, and cross server PvP so queues didnt take forever and you werent forced to play the same premades 90% of the time. Those arent unreasonable expectations. They are normal things that a game should have in the era we are in. Sure maybe 10 years ago this game would have done fine without all those things but not in 2012.
    lol. Okay then, lemme ask you this. Did you know this stuff was implemented at launch and did you at least expect bioware to fix some of these issues in a bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how this thread was derailed. Its about the F2P model of SWTOR, not "lets talk about how bad SWTOR is or isn't."

Also, MOST if not ALL major MMOs have considered the transition to F2P. Why? Because you have to weigh your options. Just because they said it doesn't mean they're going to go through with it. All they said was that it was in consideration which does not mean that its happening or that the game is dying.

With recent server moves and such, a lot of people are becoming more and more happy with the game. General chat tells a lot sometimes.

I know I'd probably play again if it was free to play.

I just can't justify spending $15 a month on this game, which is why I quit after 2 weeks.

I'd actually play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I don't understand how this thread was derailed. Its about the F2P model of SWTOR, not "lets talk about how bad SWTOR is or isn't."

Also, MOST if not ALL major MMOs have considered the transition to F2P. Why? Because you have to weigh your options. Just because they said it doesn't mean they're going to go through with it. All they said was that it was in consideration which does not mean that its happening or that the game is dying.

With recent server moves and such, a lot of people are becoming more and more happy with the game. General chat tells a lot sometimes.
    thank you finally someone else saw the word considering and looking into

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    thank you finally someone else saw the word considering and looking into
    They've been considering and looking into it for the last 6 months

Also I TOTALLY SAW THIS COMING OH MY GOSH

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 04:42 AM ----------

General chat tells a lot sometimes.
    How can there be a general chat if nobody is playing?

<Please post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-06-16 at 07:54 AM.
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    They've been considering and looking into it for the last 6 months

Also I TOTALLY SAW THIS COMING OH MY GOSH

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 04:42 AM ----------

How can there be a general chat if nobody is playing?
    obviously you havent been on the in the last week so you really have no clue and please tell me how you found out they've been looking into f2p for the past 6 months go on im waiting

The announcement that they're considering free to play, after the recent loss of subscriptions, and employee termination means that it's more likely to be an actual transition, not just something that they are considering

I'm sure EA/BioWare had considered free to play before release, but even a few months before the game came out, they announced the subscription model was final, so it's clear that they'd prefer to have it sub based, or else it would have launched free to play
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    The announcement that they're considering free to play, after the recent loss of subscriptions, and employee termination means that it's more likely to be an actual transition, not just something that they are considering

I'm sure EA/BioWare had considered free to play before release, but even a few months before the game came out, they announced the subscription model was final, so it's clear that they'd prefer to have it sub based, or else it would have launched free to play
    They wouldn't say anything to the people if it wasn't an actual serious consideration, or even half-decided already.
    But if it's what they say that they will keep subfees, perhaps as premium account, and f2p with restrictions.. they still got the subfee model (and will market it as the hoax f2p). That's the f2p model I feel most disgusted to. Why not just keep the subfee and have trial accounts like their first step will be now? Or try lowering the subfee? Or make subfee something you can buy for ingame credits? There's so many ways you can do it, and the premium model that probably in most cases will lead to p2win (Aion f2p EU knows what I'm talking about). It's just a shame for a good game like this, to be destroyed if they fail to create a fair model.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    They wouldn't say anything to the people if it wasn't an actual serious consideration, or even half-decided already.
    Blizzard has said in the past they were looking at the F2P model too. So I guess, following your logic, WoW will be F2P soon as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Blizzard has said in the past they were looking at the F2P model too. So I guess, following your logic, WoW will be F2P soon as well?
    Except Blizzard has no reason to make WoW free to play, whereas EA/BioWare has a few reasons to make SWTOR free to play
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Quote for this?

I dont recall Blizzard ever even floating the idea of a F2P WoW except to say they wouldn't do it.

good thing im only playing until my sub runs out

swtor probably ranks as one of the worst pvp mmos ive ever played