Poll: Would you do it?

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Deleted

Would you play Russian Roulette for a billion dollars?

A sick and twisted billionaire with too much money approaches you. He wants to watch you play Russian Roulette and probably jerk it while he watches lol. If you survive, he will pay you $1 billion US dollars straight cash. If you die, well, then you die.
    (You can bring your own gun if you like.)

It will be 1 bullet in a six round cylinder, giving you a 1/6 chance of blowing your brains out. The contract is legit, and the 1 billion dollars is all yours. All you have to do is spin the cylinder once and pull the trigger.

-Would you do it?

I'm a gambler. Let's do this shit.

1/6 is a 17% chance. 83% chance for me to survive and become a billionaire. I'll take those odds.

Edit:

You guys should do this.

Go to this website. http://www.random.org/ On the right you'll see a tiny Random Number Generator. If you get 83-100, you die. If you get 1-82, you're a billionaire.

I got 56.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-06-21 at 04:33 AM.

Interesting... with 1 bullet in the chamber I would probably do it--any more than that probably not.

Add a poll. I'm curious to see how many people would say no.

Right now, no. I am hardly the gambler...but if he were to approach me when I'm old and bed-ridden? Sure, why not. If I lose, I haven't lost much. If I win, I can give it to my family.

I would take it that's a no, since I would assume he wouldn't wait around for 80 years.

nah I'm too much of a pussy to do it

Deleted
    I couldnt, i struggle enough to play this game without feeling really stressed :P

I hate RNG and it hates me!
    Even with a 1% chance to blow my brains out... I'd end up dead.
    "I am chivalrous proportional to the size of breasts." -Orissa

So I'd only have to do it once? I wouldn't have to alternate shots playing against someone else?

I wish I was lucky enough to ever get such good odds on being a billionaire...

Now I'm upset that the situation isn't real... that's how much I want to do it.

I would not. Its only money, theres more important things in life.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    nope, and people who voted yes need to take a serious look at their life.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Nope. 1/6 is way too much. Besides, money are not a guaranteed path to happines.

Deleted
    Yes.

50/50

You either live or you die

Bring it bitches!

Using this gun that makes a balloon filled with water pop all over you YEA I'D DO IT!!

With a proper gun.. Im only 18 i'd like to live a bit more before doing a risk like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarium View Post
    I hate RNG and it hates me!
    Even with a 1% chance to blow my brains out... I'd end up dead.
    My sentiments exactly.

Yes I would. 83% chance to live and become rich are nice odds.

Deleted
    The funniest and most ironic shit would be if you say no, and then get hit by a car on your way home and die.

Pfft. I could feel the gun and figure out where the bullet is due to the weight balance and decide on that.

Probably... There is a lot I can do with a billion dollars...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I'd point the gun at the rich guy and shoot, if he dies then good I saved my life, if he lives then maybe he'll think twice about playing with the lives of us poor folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am saying yes i would with a very good chance i pussy out when the moment comes