I must be doing something wrong

Hey guys first time diablo player. First impressions of diablo 3 were amazing, but now that im into act 2 all i do is die. I am playing a level 16 barbarian. Any fight of more than 5 people ill just get completely annihilated. I try to keep up with my gear and abilities but it just gets worse as i level up. Any tips/suggestions?

Deleted
    Remember to check elective mode from the options so you can use (and bind) your skills more freely. Other than that, dunno what you're doing, didn't ran into any trouble really on my barb until Hell, but I did keep a good updated weapon throughout.

Can't really help you unless you give some more info.

what kind of gear are you running with?

What talents are you using?

Level 16 is quite high for act2 - it 'should' be relatively easy.

If you feel out of your depth, either replay an existing section to gear/level up more or even try a different class altogether. Melee may simply not be your thing.

Also, be careful. Those wasps hurt and are a pain in the ass to hit. Add a bit of Vitality to you gear along with your primary stat and use the stash to pass nice items over to alts. You'll often get stuff that's not for your class. And by "often", I mean "always". Once you know what to look for on items, give the AH a go and see if you can snag a bargain. I've spent less than 1000g in total and got a weapon that doubled my Wizard's damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfarm View Post
    Hey guys first time diablo player. First impressions of diablo 3 were amazing, but now that im into act 2 all i do is die. I am playing a level 16 barbarian. Any fight of more than 5 people ill just get completely annihilated. I try to keep up with my gear and abilities but it just gets worse as i level up. Any tips/suggestions?
    Are you fighting against the wasps? They die fast, but if you take a full volley of their mini ones, you are going to die repeatedly. Also, barbs are a groups best friend. They tank like they were made for it, even in a DPS build (have one that is rocking 1k dps at level 28, and he just won't die D: )

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Remember to check elective mode from the options so you can use (and bind) your skills more freely. Other than that, dunno what you're doing, didn't ran into any trouble really on my barb until Hell, but I did keep a good updated weapon throughout.
    It's not really that needed until Inferno Act 2 or so (least on a DH- no idea on barbs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to add "Beruwan" to your friends list, I'd be happy to group up with you and offer some help.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level 16 is quite high for act2 .You great!
    Last edited by demsaoroi88; 2012-06-16 at 03:29 AM.

Like some people have said there is more avoidable damage in act 2. Lots more stuff to dodge or move out of or your going to die.

Secondly if your dieing lots. Your going to be wanting to use leap with rune,ground stomp with rune, and revenge for your numbered skills. For your mouse skills go with cleave with rune and seismic slam. Don't leap into battle, save it to escape damage or dieing. Don't stomp immediately as soon as you engage a pack either. Wait until you can get a bunch with it and then use it. Then cleave there heads off in a couple shots and laugh.

For stats for normal. Life on hit>lifesteal>attack speed>crit>strength>vit. Life on hit is every melees godsend in this game. Even a little bit makes a huge difference. Here's an excellent video to help you understand how life on hit works since you are going to play a melee. Let's just say what they tell you in game is very deceiving.

Finally. USE THE AH. I cannot stress that enough. Go right now onto the AH, search for a new lvl 16 weapon with life on hit, strength, attackspeed. Filter your buyout to the highest you want to pay. You be able to find something at least 2x better then what your using currently. I guarantee it. Do this for all your gear. Don't use the blacksmith at all. Sell your magic items instead for more gold to use on AH.

Hope that helps.This game will break you many times. Don't give up.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-06-16 at 04:02 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Howdy, Firstly this is just a suggestion don't feel like this is HOW you have to play the game in order to win.
    Turn on Elective mode, in Options > Gameplay. This enables you to use multipul skills from each tree (Ig. Having 2 Defensive ability at one time)
    Then turn on Advance Tools Tips, in Options > Gameplay. This gives you more details on each ability how much damage they do, healing ect. So you can compare the differences of each skill and work out for yourself what you'd prefer.

Personally when I leveled my Barbarian I went tank (1-Hander + Shield) and stacked Vitality and a bit of strength.
    I'd also suggest using this build, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...eYVgX!b!a.a..a

Once you'r level 19 switch out Sesmic Slam for Rend with Bloodthrist rune to heal you some more.

EDIT: If you need more help understanding exactly what Elective Mode dose goto this tutorial thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ll-the-spells!