Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I would like to hear it from some1 who played during beta weekends. People are talking about the layout is different as well like in Diablo...is it true as well?
    In the first dungeon you meet up with some NPC's. After a dose of RP where they describe the situation you are presented a choice. In effect there are 3 major threats the NPC's face but they can not agree which is the biggest threat and they leave it up to the party to decide. Each of these threats leads you off into a different area of the dungeon. Its not a mater of oh we have 1 dungeon layout and we swap out the bosses in each room. its more like Do I go down the hallway to the left, the tunnle to the right, or do I cross the bridge in front of me, the baddies are different down each path and you cant go down more than 1 path per visit to the dungeon.

Who is John Galt?

I would like to hear it from some1 who played during beta weekends. People are talking about the layout is different as well like in Diablo...is it true as well?
    The layouts are not different. It's the same instance/dungeon. More like previously barred sections of the dungeon are now opened. For example, a door that was previously closed is now open or a stairwell which leads to a deep area of the dungeon is newly accessible.

Bosses basically do the same things, so do mobs. The expo mode is a bit like GW1 hard modes; PVE mobs which behave like PVP encounters and follow the same class & mechanical rules of PVP.

I was level 44 by Sunday on my Engineer, all my classes save 1 were above level 20. Cleared story and expo mode several times. Have been in 4 betas now. If that satisfies your criteria.

%3 of 10m = 300.000. I'm being good to you. When blizzard released those numbers it was around 11, 12m which makes it half million raiders. Do you think this is a small number? Math fail much? and I'm not going to comment on your stupidity.
    You're a funny guy ^^

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...y?q=relatively - Knock yourself out buddy.

We can safely say that GW2 will launch with an astounding amount of PvE content. Probably the highest challenging starting amount seen in a newly launched MMO so far. We can also conclude with utmost certainty that GW2 is not a PvP centered game. Anet haven't just said they dedicated most time and resources into PvE, we have also had the possibility to experience this ourselves.

I can imagine inexperienced players worrying when they read "GW2 only has dungeons, no raids". Of course you worry, dungeons in wow are a joke, they aren't challenging and hardly anyone does them more than once a day. Remember TBC? Dungeons were ghost towns that even the devs neglected.

GW2's dungeons can't be compared to the dungeons many of you are used to. The story mode is more challenging than any regular raid content I've experienced in other games. I also dare say, it was harder than most heroic fights I did and I did them all in a timely fashion up to and including Rag HC.

Now you might think: So what happens when we've cleared all 24 explorable dungeon routes? Well, what do you do in other MMOs when you've cleared the specific tier? You sit around and wait for a patch? You could, that's what I did in WoW, since there wasn't anything else to do. In GW2 there's TONS of content developed outside of dungeons. I don't need to list them all, because that has already been done ad nauseam by others.

The fact that GW2 doesn't allow you to bring more than 5 people to an instanced dungeon, doesn't mean it offers less than a game that does. It's that simple people.

Have you played during the BWE? If not, how come you've uttered such explicit opinions?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-06-17 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So copy paste content is unique in GW2
    It's not copy/paste content. I'm sure others have pointed it out since then, but each path of an Explorable mode dungeon was a previously inaccessible area, and each one can only be accessed to exclusion of the other paths. If you want a direct comparison to WoW, it would be like... how Scarlet Monastery has 4 different wings, but each one is it's own dungeon?
    Except every "wing" of an Explorable mode dungeon is in the same instanced area, (i.e. it would be like if the entire area around Scarlet Monastery was instanced, and then you could only open one of the doors per dungeon run), and it's going to take about as long to run through it with 5 people, as it takes you to do a full-clear of T13 with minimal wipes.

My comment about "progress" in WoW was sort of a tongue-in-cheek remark pointing out that there's actually more content to progress through in GW2, and it will be released more often than Blizzard releases new tiers, in response to that poster asking where the GW2 progression is. (I still find it funny they've claimed to speed up their content release, and yet we're already pushing T13 close to being out for as long as T10 was - it's already lasting longer than T11 did)

We've yet to see how much content will be released per expansion, so we can't really make too many comparisons on release schedule just yet... but if GW1 is any indicator, I have high hopes.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-17 at 08:28 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

It more like if you didn't have that little lobby with insta spawn monks between the Scarlet Monastery wings. I mention it because in expo mode there is no real "break" from the dungeon. To me it was a more cohesive and logical experience than SM or those two Ulduar dungeons... Hall of Stone & Thunder, iirc. Suppose Magister's Terrace as well or the ogre one... Mournsomethingsomething.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    You're a funny guy ^^

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...y?q=relatively - Knock yourself out buddy.
    You literally got nothing to back your fail argument about "how little pve community is"

Pathetic.

----

I'll see dungeons when game is out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already have plenty to back it: data from wowprogress. It shows how many guilds, to date, have downed the current raid content, does it not? Last I checked, it does this without you having to specifically create a profile for your guild.

And at best estimation, it's about 10% of the population that raids. Maybe a little more.

No matter how you swing it, anything less than 50% is a minority.

I wonder how much the data is skewed by people raiding on multiple alts with different guilds? Hopefully not too much, it's a bit rare for people to do that.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-17 at 08:34 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I already have plenty to back it: data from wowprogress. It shows how many guilds, to date, have downed the current raid content, does it not? Last I checked, it does this without you having to specifically create a profile for your guild.

And at best estimation, it's about 10% of the population that raids. Maybe a little more.

I wonder how much the data is skewed by people raiding on multiple alts with different guilds? Hopefully not too much, it's a bit rare for people to do that.
    Drake, don't bother. He's trying to convince us 3% is not a minuscule part of the community, because 3% of a really large sum, is still a large sum. Yes, I know, it's ridiculous. Why do you think I posted a link to the meaning of relatively?

It's great how people voice extremely negative opinions about something they haven't even tried.

unless you're other account of nocturnus that post didn't target you as you can see from quote. Those numbers that Blizzard releases are compared to total population of wow which is not all active account as far as I know. So it would be a good guess that raiders are even bigger part of active player base of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    It's great how people voice extremely negative opinions about something they haven't even tried.
    You need help. Your perception is spoiled.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-06-17 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless you're other account of nocturnus that post didn't target you as you can see from quote. Those numbers that Blizzard releases are compared to total population of wow which is not all active account as far as I know. So it would be a good guess that raiders are even bigger part of active player base of WoW.
    All I know is that there's 10.2 million active subscribers as of December 2011, and what I posted here.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-17 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    Hardcore players , have also many alts , so there is a chance not all of them are real ppl (they bring alts , in some casses for the extra dps boost or heal before the timers )
    Or maybe , they are are u say

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Hardcore players , have also many alts , so there is a chance not all of them are real ppl (they bring alts , in some casses for the extra dps boost or heal before the timers )
    Or maybe , they are are u say
    Wowprogress tracks by guild, so alting up probably doesn't affect it that much. If I really cared to get a perfect measurement, I'd try to write some kind of program to pull data from wowprogress for each and every guild. Instead I'm lazy... went with the assumption that there's an equal number of 25-man and 10-man guilds (when in reality there's more 10s than 25s), and multiplied each guild by 17.5.

Deleted
    Ah sorry

All I know is that there's 10.2 million active subscribers as of December 2011, and what I posted here.
    as far as I know those numbers(active players) are not clear also it's end of Cataclysm which is worst x-pack also Diablo 3 is just released. Those numbers will grow very very high when MoP hits.

anyway my last words in this thread...Gonna enjoy CLG vs MOUZ in dreamhack.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as I know those numbers(active players) are not clear also it's end of Cataclysm which is worst x-pack also Diablo 3 is just released. Those numbers will grow very very high when MoP hits.
    I checked this back in Firelands as well, and came to much the same conclusion: That the raiding population, at best, is 15% of the total population, max.

I believe it was a discussion about who is hardcore and who is casual, and trying to determine exactly how many players are actually "hardcore"
    Because there's plenty of raiders who down even Heroic-level bosses that I would certainly classify as casual players.

And closing this before things get out of hand.